Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Send two healers to their pylon -> they'll need 6 people for capping.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Send two healers to their pylon -> they'll need 6 people for capping.

cashogy_reborn
07.20.2013 , 03:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I get melted on my Mando against 2 good DPS.

I would imagine the situation the OP is describing is no one using CC properly or interrupts. Just going for damage not realizing all their damage is being healed through. With probably 3 morons trying to cap at once getting interrupted by the healers AoE while 3 hopelessly spam their free attack on the healers
this.

i rarely see anyone use a CC to help cap an objective. and when i start the capping, more often than not my teammates will come cap with me, rather than watching for incoming enemies to try to CC them.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Shikyo
07.20.2013 , 05:34 PM | #22
This thread made me LOL, such a good read!

kweassa
07.20.2013 , 08:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
This thread made me LOL, such a good read!
Indeed.

A team of eight that can't kill two healers, and the guy thinks its the healers that are the problem.

Classic, ain't it?
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Selout
07.20.2013 , 10:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Indeed.

A team of eight that can't kill two healers, and the guy thinks its the healers that are the problem.

Classic, ain't it?
Clearly he wasn't saying that it was 8v2. You are grandstanding in an effort to curtail the inevitable nerfs that have to come to your Scound/Operative heals. What is clear is there is a large disparity between Scound/Op heals and the other 2 healing ac's. Any reasonable scrub can see that. Rated's are boring and not very challenging due to the Scound/Operative problem. You should try some. They simply have too many tools and are quite literally the easiest spec in the game right now... by a good margin too. They have zero hard choices to make.

Leveled a Scound heals to see exactly how stupid they are... let me tell you, there is nothing easier. Lolsmasher is leaps and bounds more difficult than healing as a Scound and we all know how loved that spec is. I play the 2nd most broken ac as a main (Slinger) and even that is much harder than healing on a Scound. I have to try to die or blatantly tab out all while in 66 pve mods lol.

Every time I see your posts and you have a defensive disposition toward Scound/Operative heals, I always refer to your signature and start to wonder if that was a self-realization rather than an assertion about other posters. The defense of the indefensible just makes you look as if hubris has taken over.

You might want to take a page out of some the pro WoW gamers handbook. People like Cdew, Zunniyaki, Talbadar, Reckful, and Venruki just to name a few. When something is broken with their respective classes, they normally are among the first to admit and offer advice on how to fix it. Sometimes that even means nerfing their class for the sake of balance. I've seen it time and time again. They realize a balanced game (or as close as it can get and is often bungled by the dev's) garners more participation. More participation means more competition. More competition means more fun and isn't that what we all are doing here? So in essence, you are arguing against your own fun by creating doubt in the dev's mind about the proper course of action.

Furthermore, If you people are as good as you say you are, what are you so afraid of? All people are asking for is balance. No one reasonable is saying, "O, let's hammer Scound/Op healing into dog crap." A reasonable person should be able to see that there is a problem here in regards to that particular spec and if you are truly a great player, you will still succeed. Or is that really the problem? Is it you are having your day in the sun and aren't sure these days will return once they are brought in line? Makes a reasonable person wonder.

NotAnyOldName
07.21.2013 , 12:32 AM | #25
The qq about scoundrels is beyond a joke now, if you have 6 and you can't beat 2 your team is terrible. 6 COMPETENT dps will always beat 2 scoundrel healers even.
The Harbinger

Watch me be bad at PVP

NotAnyOldName
07.21.2013 , 12:35 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
no i agree

a stealth healer and a tank sin could hold the pylon from all 8 bad players

fun game
Fixed it for you.
The Harbinger

Watch me be bad at PVP

Odahviin
07.21.2013 , 01:34 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Selout View Post
Clearly he wasn't saying that it was 8v2. You are grandstanding in an effort to curtail the inevitable nerfs that have to come to your Scound/Operative heals. What is clear is there is a large disparity between Scound/Op heals and the other 2 healing ac's. Any reasonable scrub can see that. Rated's are boring and not very challenging due to the Scound/Operative problem. You should try some. They simply have too many tools and are quite literally the easiest spec in the game right now... by a good margin too. They have zero hard choices to make.

Leveled a Scound heals to see exactly how stupid they are... let me tell you, there is nothing easier. Lolsmasher is leaps and bounds more difficult than healing as a Scound and we all know how loved that spec is. I play the 2nd most broken ac as a main (Slinger) and even that is much harder than healing on a Scound. I have to try to die or blatantly tab out all while in 66 pve mods lol.

Every time I see your posts and you have a defensive disposition toward Scound/Operative heals, I always refer to your signature and start to wonder if that was a self-realization rather than an assertion about other posters. The defense of the indefensible just makes you look as if hubris has taken over.

You might want to take a page out of some the pro WoW gamers handbook. People like Cdew, Zunniyaki, Talbadar, Reckful, and Venruki just to name a few. When something is broken with their respective classes, they normally are among the first to admit and offer advice on how to fix it. Sometimes that even means nerfing their class for the sake of balance. I've seen it time and time again. They realize a balanced game (or as close as it can get and is often bungled by the dev's) garners more participation. More participation means more competition. More competition means more fun and isn't that what we all are doing here? So in essence, you are arguing against your own fun by creating doubt in the dev's mind about the proper course of action.

Furthermore, If you people are as good as you say you are, what are you so afraid of? All people are asking for is balance. No one reasonable is saying, "O, let's hammer Scound/Op healing into dog crap." A reasonable person should be able to see that there is a problem here in regards to that particular spec and if you are truly a great player, you will still succeed. Or is that really the problem? Is it you are having your day in the sun and aren't sure these days will return once they are brought in line? Makes a reasonable person wonder.
I like you

kweassa
07.21.2013 , 01:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Selout View Post
You know, whatever babble you put up, the fact remains is that his team failed to take down two healers with six people (ok, not eight. My bad on that). Really, that is simply inexcusable. There's literally no excuse for that. Whatever method the two healers put up there is no frickin' way they can outheal the amount of damage coming from six.

Whatever you are speaking of is actually a totally different topic.

The topic here, is about suckage, plain and simple. I mean, come on, man? How in the world can you help making up excuses for a team that can't kill two healers with six people???

Quote:
Leveled a scrapper scoundrel to specifically go after scoundrel healers. Whatever they do, I match, with higher damage. The only difference is how long -- in the end the results are same, without assitance, healers die.

Quote:
Speak for yourself. You're the guy defending a cretin that claims he can't take out two healers with six people, because the healers are invincible.

Besides, I don't have to 'defend' anything -- of the 8 advanced classes playable in this game, not a single character I have went heals because I find healing boring. Instead, almost all of my characters, barring tanks and support classes, are specifically aimed at taking those healers down.

I kill them for a living, and rarely fail, unless I end up in a PuG that is lower than average in terms of pvp skill.

No sir, what I truly "defend", is the game, from stupidity.

More than any game type, PvP is directly related to one's ego. When you get crushed, or when you fail to fullfil an objective, anyone gets embarassed -- and the first reaction to avoid embarassment is to deny responsibility.

Here's a very funny, true incidient that happened to me yesterday. I was on the ramps near the enemy goal line in Hutt Ball. I saw our ball carrier first get stunned, and then with that stun he got full resolve. After a few secs later he started moving, fumbled all over, and then got just killed on the spot.

In disbelief and frustration, I typed a bit cynical message on the chat:

"Let me guess... couldn't find the pass button?"

To my surprise, his answer was;

"I couldn't pass. I was stunned."

Yep. He lied through his teeth, just like that. I was watching the whole thing, and he just lied about his mistake. Normally, a simple "sorry, my bad" would have been enough for me to forget the whole thing. I was so disgusted, that I had to write;

"Please, don't lie. I saw the whole thing happen. You were out of the stun and had enough time to pass"

...his response was

"Yeah, yeah. Sue me."

The moral of the story? The above line of reasoning is basically the exact same mindset people like you have.

To you people, everything is wrong. The system is imbalanced and out to get you. And it is never, ever you who make the mistake. How can you? You're all fine players who know how to play. So if something does not go your way, it must be the system that is screwing you, right?

Wrong. That's what my 'defense' is about.

Quote:
So which 'top line PvPer' has commented that something was broken and imbalanced?

You?

The cretin?

Quote:
It is already balanced. What you people are asking is to reshape things to your own image because you can't do what others can.

In other words, you want the concept of 'balance' to revolve around yourselves, to dumb the game down.

For a PvPer who has a lot of fun in working my arse off and thinking of tricks and techniques to take them smug healers down, you are asking to kill the thrill of the hunt.

That is intolerable.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Godlymuppet
07.21.2013 , 03:03 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
You know, whatever babble you put up, the fact remains is that his team failed to take down two healers with six people (ok, not eight. My bad on that). Really, that is simply inexcusable. There's literally no excuse for that. Whatever method the two healers put up there is no frickin' way they can outheal the amount of damage coming from six.

Whatever you are speaking of is actually a totally different topic.

The topic here, is about suckage, plain and simple. I mean, come on, man? How in the world can you help making up excuses for a team that can't kill two healers with six people???

Leveled a scrapper scoundrel to specifically go after scoundrel healers. Whatever they do, I match, with higher damage. The only difference is how long -- in the end the results are same, without assitance, healers die.

Speak for yourself. You're the guy defending a cretin that claims he can't take out two healers with six people, because the healers are invincible.

Besides, I don't have to 'defend' anything -- of the 8 advanced classes playable in this game, not a single character I have went heals because I find healing boring. Instead, almost all of my characters, barring tanks and support classes, are specifically aimed at taking those healers down.

I kill them for a living, and rarely fail, unless I end up in a PuG that is lower than average in terms of pvp skill.

No sir, what I truly "defend", is the game, from stupidity.

More than any game type, PvP is directly related to one's ego. When you get crushed, or when you fail to fullfil an objective, anyone gets embarassed -- and the first reaction to avoid embarassment is to deny responsibility.

Here's a very funny, true incidient that happened to me yesterday. I was on the ramps near the enemy goal line in Hutt Ball. I saw our ball carrier first get stunned, and then with that stun he got full resolve. After a few secs later he started moving, fumbled all over, and then got just killed on the spot.

In disbelief and frustration, I typed a bit cynical message on the chat:

"Let me guess... couldn't find the pass button?"

To my surprise, his answer was;

"I couldn't pass. I was stunned."

Yep. He lied through his teeth, just like that. I was watching the whole thing, and he just lied about his mistake. Normally, a simple "sorry, my bad" would have been enough for me to forget the whole thing. I was so disgusted, that I had to write;

"Please, don't lie. I saw the whole thing happen. You were out of the stun and had enough time to pass"

...his response was

"Yeah, yeah. Sue me."

The moral of the story? The above line of reasoning is basically the exact same mindset people like you have.

To you people, everything is wrong. The system is imbalanced and out to get you. And it is never, ever you who make the mistake. How can you? You're all fine players who know how to play. So if something does not go your way, it must be the system that is screwing you, right?

Wrong. That's what my 'defense' is about.

So which 'top line PvPer' has commented that something was broken and imbalanced?

You?

The cretin?

It is already balanced. What you people are asking is to reshape things to your own image because you can't do what others can.

In other words, you want the concept of 'balance' to revolve around yourselves, to dumb the game down.

For a PvPer who has a lot of fun in working my arse off and thinking of tricks and techniques to take them smug healers down, you are asking to kill the thrill of the hunt.

That is intolerable.
You clearly think you are much better than everybody else. You are massively at odds with your own sig. Get over yourself and people may agree with some of what you say.

On topic it takes three decent Dps to kill any two healers. More than that and they are bad players no doubt about it.

Scoundrels and ops are overpowered healers. There is no argument, they need tinning down and commandos need toning up. Would anyone defending them be happy to replace the scoundrel healers in their ranked team with commando healers? Would they heck.

That said any compotent Dps can neutralise any of the healers, I did not say kill, you don't need to do that, you just need to cut off the support they give.

Scoundrel/op healers will be balanced for arenas, so let people bury their heads in the sand for now. If they are not nerfed, every team will have one and then bio will finally see something in their metrics.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

windogie
07.21.2013 , 03:35 AM | #30
Any good stealther can stop a healer in their tracks. Not gonna say kill but they can certainly stop a healer and then go back into hiding and make everyone's life miserable.

I myself don't worry about healers much anymore I just get my team to cc them or interrupt them and take care of capping or killing off the really good dps players.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"