Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Potential Solution For Warzone Quitting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Potential Solution For Warzone Quitting

beattlebilly
07.20.2013 , 06:46 PM | #11
Better solution:

Pick what warzones we want along with a random Queue

Don't match with people in our ignore list
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

Khan-doh-hh
07.20.2013 , 06:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Until they give me the option to select "do not join games in progress" like they do for the group finder, I say 100% no to a quitter debuff. Also, maps. I;m at the point where I just flat out refuse to play voidstar and will leave immediately unless I am grouped with friends.
If nobody joins games in progress then we have limbo games. If this issue could be contained while still allowing players the option to not start games in progress I'm all for it. I just feel like most people would check the box.

I think in most cases quitting before the match starts is fine (unless the countdown is at 1 second remaining). Sometimes the people that fill in are going to be after the match starts, can't be helped. Debuff would only be applied after lobby countdown was over.
K'xx

Khan-doh-hh
07.20.2013 , 06:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Better solution:

Pick what warzones we want along with a random Queue

Don't match with people in our ignore list
Matchmaking would be nice.
K'xx

Raansu
07.20.2013 , 06:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Khan-doh-hh View Post
If nobody joins games in progress then we have limbo games. If this issue could be contained while still allowing players the option to not start games in progress I'm all for it. I just feel like most people would check the box.

I think in most cases quitting before the match starts is fine (unless the countdown is at 1 second remaining). Sometimes the people that fill in are going to be after the match starts, can't be helped. Debuff would only be applied after lobby countdown was over.
Limbo? You realize the warzone shuts down when there isn't enough people right? If anything the current backfill keeps those games that should of been shut down from actually ending because people keep backfilling and aborting the shut down. Unless the game literally just started I have no interest in backfilling a match and will leave immediately if I do.

ViciousFett
07.21.2013 , 01:45 AM | #15
Screw that, you can usually tell in the first couple minutes if you got a bunch of f-tards on your team, at which point there's no point on wasting 10 or so more minutes of your time with. There's no reason quitters should be forced to stick with such crap teams or be locked out from fresh teams.

The only change I'd like to see is that if you leave a WZ you can't re-enter the same game.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Bozik
Thana'vėsh - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookģepuss - Rõland
Mbison

CE VIP

TonyDragonflame
07.21.2013 , 03:37 AM | #16
When you will pay my sub dude than you can tell me when I dont must leave wz when I want.

Until this, shut up.
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Vaerah
07.21.2013 , 04:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Khan-doh-hh View Post
I'd check the box at once. Nothing more annoying than waiting 20 seconds of loading screen just to see you are in the umpteenth 3 bases vs 0 or 4 goals vs 0 terrible WZ. And then quitting it and more 30 seconds waiting for Makeb to load up again. And then requeue and late in the evening, end up again in the same terrible WZ.

I want to be responsible for MY good or poor performance, not to hold some baddies wily up for them.
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

Khan-doh-hh
07.22.2013 , 01:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
When you will pay my sub dude than you can tell me when I dont must leave wz when I want.

Until this, shut up.
WZ's contain 16 people. Since we are talking about quitters I will make it 17 (assuming 1 person quits and 1 replenishes).

1 quitter makes up 1/17 = 5.88% of the people involved with the group activity (Which cannot function without participation. 1 influences 16 others)

Let's say someone justifies quitting in whatever way they want 5 warzones in a row. I don't care if you want to quit just before scoreboard on a winning team each time because "**** you QQ lulz". At this point 1 quitter has influenced 80 other people (for good or bad). For this reason alone a single group member should not have unlimited power to continually quit wz's. You could imagine entire guilds dedicated to wz quitting for the lulz.

You should not need more than 5 quits + gradually increasing penalties that reset daily to stay happy in wz's. After that you are expected to stay in matches you don't like or accept the penalty (max 30 min cooldown). Otherwise 1 person has the power to disgruntle too many people.

If you do need more than 5/day because you can't handle being in losing matches or with bad PUGs, and you don't want to make your own groups, maybe a "vote to end wz" could be useful. Not sure how this could be abused, but at least there would be a way of getting out of wz's that were hopeless that wouldn't add to the que debuff, and it would be based on group consensus. Maybe give other team 3-5 medals when this happens.

Even if you forget about the rest of the team in a quitting scenario and just focus on the person quitting and the person backfilling. 1:1 mapping.

Quitter = Leaves and is "happy" (until they leave in the next wz too. Ad Infinitum)

Joiner = A few choices. Auto quit. Stay and lose. Turn the tide because the reason your team was losing just left. Sadly all of these choices are secondary to starting a fresh wz. (most joiners = insta sad)

In the above situation you are trading less sadness (quitter) for insta sad (joiner). I can't justify completely catering to the needs of the quitter while not thinking at all about all other people (15 remaining + 1 joiner). I can handle being in brutal losses all night if I started in each match (especially if I get 5 free quits and maybe a vote to end wz). I can't handle starting in the middle (or at the scoreboard) of brutal losses all night. Habitual quitting is just selfish and does nothing to improve the state of the game or the understanding of noobs. Not sure how BW or EA sees it...
K'xx

Jadescythe
07.22.2013 , 02:07 PM | #19
Give someone the choice between AFKing at the node (can't be vote kicked) or taking a 10-20 min lockout and guess how many people you'll have AFKing at the node.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

DarthMaulUK
07.22.2013 , 02:14 PM | #20
What about punishing the bads? There's many of you around - the reason why people quit war zones. The solution is simple - learn to play.

Tips, Guides, Streams,Live Events