Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Favorite toons are Empire side..but Empire is literally a living meme

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite toons are Empire side..but Empire is literally a living meme

Suromir's Avatar


Suromir
07.19.2013 , 07:46 AM | #1
"Kills off own leaders, forces, and destroys own property due to petty internal power-grabs and infighting. Wonders why they can't win a war."

seriously. We get it. Empire bad. mmmkay.

can we get some flashpoints/daily areas/operations/story content where the main bbeg isn't some corrupt Sith tearing the empire apart?

ApostleThirst's Avatar


ApostleThirst
07.19.2013 , 08:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Suromir View Post
"Kills off own leaders, forces, and destroys own property due to petty internal power-grabs and infighting. Wonders why they can't win a war."

seriously. We get it. Empire bad. mmmkay.

can we get some flashpoints/daily areas/operations/story content where the main bbeg isn't some corrupt Sith tearing the empire apart?
I support this. Athiss. The Red Reaper. Both of the Ilum Flashpoints. A lot of the Sith storylines. The Bounty Hunter storyline even. Why don't we show the more dangerous, ruthless side of the Empire like they did with the IA story, instead of the backstabbiness all the freaking time?

AlexDougherty's Avatar


AlexDougherty
07.19.2013 , 08:37 AM | #3
The first part of the Sith warrior story is about countering a Jedi, it might involve killing Baras's own spies, but very few Imperials die.

Also part of the Sith philosophy is strength via conflict, internal conflict as well as external, this is a huge problem with the Sith, and can't be overlooked.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

TheOpethian's Avatar


TheOpethian
07.22.2013 , 04:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
The first part of the Sith warrior story is about countering a Jedi, it might involve killing Baras's own spies, but very few Imperials die.

Also part of the Sith philosophy is strength via conflict, internal conflict as well as external, this is a huge problem with the Sith, and can't be overlooked.
I do agree with this but I think there is too much internal and not enough external.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Alexandra Crow - Scoundrel TheOpethian - Assassin

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
07.22.2013 , 02:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpethian View Post
I do agree with this but I think there is too much internal and not enough external.
which in makeb darth mar points out if they continue will destroy the empire, i feel the op will get his wish and see the empire soon hitting back hard.

frankiejo's Avatar


frankiejo
07.22.2013 , 03:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
which in makeb darth mar points out if they continue will destroy the empire, i feel the op will get his wish and see the empire soon hitting back hard.
and that's the first time the Sith and Empire look like they're playing to win, i think we'll see some sith resurrection coming up.
Bergeron Colony
Khaeldar - Marauder
Beth'adone - Operative
P-Chloride - Sorcerer

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
07.22.2013 , 04:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by frankiejo View Post
and that's the first time the Sith and Empire look like they're playing to win, i think we'll see some sith resurrection coming up.
Empire resurrection anyways. Maybe the Moffs come together and go "One on one, we'd lose, but an army versus one Sith, much better odds."

Seriously, the Sith can't come together, as it's against their own code/beliefs. The rest of the Empire however, time to clean house, and that means getting rid of the Sith Empire. Maybe have the Moffs team up with the Republic to start taking out the Darth Council one by one.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

frankiejo's Avatar


frankiejo
07.22.2013 , 05:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Empire resurrection anyways. Maybe the Moffs come together and go "One on one, we'd lose, but an army versus one Sith, much better odds."

Seriously, the Sith can't come together, as it's against their own code/beliefs. The rest of the Empire however, time to clean house, and that means getting rid of the Sith Empire. Maybe have the Moffs team up with the Republic to start taking out the Darth Council one by one.
I'd be surprised if we say any huge division like this in a faction, as it would require a lot of writing, coding, and it wouldn't fit in the progression of class quests.

Howver MUCH later in the game I could see a scenario where the emperor along with the Sith ruling class are ousted by the empire and antagonists to both factions.

Not the entire Sith Order though, because that would set different player character's in the same faction against eachother, which, while it would be cool, it would require alot of work from Bioware.
Bergeron Colony
Khaeldar - Marauder
Beth'adone - Operative
P-Chloride - Sorcerer

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
07.23.2013 , 04:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Empire resurrection anyways. Maybe the Moffs come together and go "One on one, we'd lose, but an army versus one Sith, much better odds."

Seriously, the Sith can't come together, as it's against their own code/beliefs. The rest of the Empire however, time to clean house, and that means getting rid of the Sith Empire. Maybe have the Moffs team up with the Republic to start taking out the Darth Council one by one.
the sith oldest tradition is to destroy the republic and the jedi at any cost, its very likely that they will drop their infighting in order to win.

Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
07.23.2013 , 04:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
the sith oldest tradition is to destroy the republic and the jedi at any cost, its very likely that they will drop their infighting in order to win.
The Sith tradition of fratricide is at least 22,000 years old. Probably older, but we don't know about history before Adas.

The Sith tradition of losing wars to the Republic is a 'mere' 1,400 years old. Unless you also count the Dark Jedi defeat in the Hundred-Year Darkness as being a 'Sith tradition' because the likes of Ajunta Pall and XoXaan and Karness Muur fled into the Outer Rim to take over and rule the Sith after they lost. That's still only 3,400 years.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil