The REAL Most Powerful Jedi

I think Saba needs to be taken off the list. This is a list about the greatest of the Jedi; the legends, and she really hasn't done anything legendary.

We're talking about sheer force power, not duelling skills.

Shouldn't dueling be considered though? Lightsaber combat is more than about learning various stances, forms, and maneuvers after all. Its the application of melding one's Force ability with Martial prowess. That's why so many on these most powerful lists are excellent duelists. Sure you'll have cases where someone's ability in the Martial or Force aspects maybe greater than the other half, but I don't think it should be discounted.

Edited by ArenCordial

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be semantics but I've always thought of Marek as more of a fallen Sith than a Jedi. Marek wasn't really a member of the Order in my mind.

Opinions as stated at the beginning of the thread don't matter, it's official membership to the Order and Galen Marek turned his back on the Sith and became an apprentice to Rahm Kota, a Jedi Master, he was clearly a member of the Jedi Order.

Well if official member is all that's needed, I vote to add.....Han Solo! Lets face it he has honorary membership and is the luckiest sob alive. As Obi-Wan says "there is no such thing as luck." He'd probably be top 3. ;)

Honestly didn't see anything in the games to show Marek actually learning anything Force wise from Kota, but I haven't read the books so I'll yield there.

Edited by ArenCordial

I suppose...

Problem is if we agree Marek is a candidate then that means we have to open the door to Anakin Skywalker as well. Anakin spent much more time as a Jedi and died a Jedi. Marek was probably a Jedi for a day or so before he met his end. Having come to thread late I don't know if you guys made a ruling on the Chosen One yet, sorry.

Problem is if we agree Marek is a candidate then that means we have to open the door to Anakin Skywalker as well. Anakin spent much more time as a Jedi and died a Jedi. Marek was probably a Jedi for a day or so before he met his end. Having come to thread late I don't know if you guys made a ruling on the Chosen One yet, sorry.

Anakin was basically dead by the time he redeemed himself.

Also, he was not a member 'for a day' he turned his back on Vader the moment he escaped the imperial facility with Juno Eclipse.

Anakin was basically dead by the time he redeemed himself.

Also, he was not a member 'for a day' he turned his back on Vader the moment he escaped the imperial facility with Juno Eclipse.

Figure of speech. Marek spent very little time after that escape living and even less time with Kota to be able to learn much, though he most certainly cast his lot in with the Rebels. Still I don't see how you can't count Anakin then, it may have been a last minute reversal but he did fulfill the Jedi Prophecy and destroy the Sith. That's not counting the 13 or so years he was an active member in the Order. Anakin ultimately died a Jedi.

If we count Marek, Anakin should as well.

Edited by ArenCordial

Figure of speech. Marek spent very little time after that escape living though he most certainly cast his lot in with the Rebels. Still I don't see how you can't count Anakin then, it may have been a last minute reversal but he did fulfill the Jedi Prophecy and destroy the Sith. That's not counting the 13 or so years he was an active member in the Order. Anakin ultimately died a Jedi.

Exactly the moment Anakin turns he gets fried by Sidious, regardless this is for Beni to decide not me.

On Marek the novel(novel>game in canon) says otherwise they talk a LOT and Marek actively agrees to being Jedi.

Figure of speech. Marek spent very little time after that escape living and even less time with Kota to be able to learn much, though he most certainly cast his lot in with the Rebels. Still I don't see how you can't count Anakin then, it may have been a last minute reversal but he did fulfill the Jedi Prophecy and destroy the Sith. That's not counting the 13 or so years he was an active member in the Order. Anakin ultimately died a Jedi.

Anakin's height of power was as Vader, he therefore does not qualify. I'm afraid this is not open to debate.

Exactly the moment Anakin turns he gets fried by Sidious, regardless this is for Beni to decide not me.

On Marek the novel(novel>game in canon) says otherwise they talk a LOT and Marek actively agrees to being Jedi.

Ah ok. Like I said I had not read the TFU novel, so that helps. Thank you.

Since the beggining, I think Marek should be considered a Jedi. For me, he could enter to this list.

Regarding Jaina vs. Windu, as I already said, I go for Windu. His abilities are much more refined, and Jaina never did anything that matched Windu's skills.

And I think it's almost consensus Satele > Saba, think you can change that too Beni.

Since the beggining, I think Marek should be considered a Jedi. For me, he could enter to this list.

Regarding Jaina vs. Windu, as I already said, I go for Windu. His abilities are much more refined, and Jaina never did anything that matched Windu's skills.

And I think it's almost consensus Satele > Saba, think you can change that too Beni.

I disagree we have to look she did kill Caedus with her own power in a one on one fight we have put her above darth vader in power and I would never believe that of Windu.

As for the Saba vs Satele people seem to be agreeing for little to no reason given other then opinion is this going to be a vote thread now? or are we actually going to compare. I left it alone last time because I was tired of argueing but I think I see a character getting the shaft after 300+ posts of arguments that earned her what she got.

Edited by tunewalker

I'm still not convinced that Galen Marek is a Jedi, he may have received some training from Rahm Kota but is was informal, and he was never bestowed with the title of Jedi. He is as much a Jedi as Cade Skywalker is in all honesty.

And concerning Saba vs Satele. As a brief comparison I'd say Saba's healing abilities/Force valor outclass Satele's skills with tutaminis, as does her ability to almost sense Darth Caedus surpass Satele's abilities in foresight. The only edge Satele would get is in Alter, though I would say that is inconclusive.

I'm still not convinced that Galen Marek is a Jedi, he may have received some training from Rahm Kota but is was informal, and he was never bestowed with the title of Jedi. He is as much a Jedi as Cade Skywalker is in all honesty.

And concerning Saba vs Satele. As a brief comparison I'd say Saba's healing abilities/Force valor outclass Satele's skills with tutaminis, as does her ability to almost sense Darth Caedus surpass Satele's abilities in foresight. The only edge Satele would get is in Alter, though I would say that is inconclusive.

Obi-Wan Kenobi sensed the Phantom Meance (Sidious) as a padawan. Sometimes you get lucky and get to pierce the veil. I still don't see why she's on this list. She's a powerful master, but not a legendary one. What am I missing that you guys are seeing?

Obi-Wan Kenobi sensed the Phantom Meance (Sidious) as a padawan. Sometimes you get lucky and get to pierce the veil. I still don't see why she's on this list. She's a powerful master, but not a legendary one. What am I missing that you guys are seeing?
This wasn't a case of luck. Caedus himself was afraid that Saba, due to her legendary powers in sense, would be able to see through his veil - yet had no worries concerning Luke Skywalker or any other Jedi present. I feel that outweighs or at least matches Satele's ability in Foresight.

Galen Marek was a Jedi at his "Death." He deserves to be a contender for this list, Imo

If he actually in the books spent time in apprenticeship with Kota I don't see why not. My only real objection was the game made him seen like a fallen sith, but apparently this is different in the books so I agree Marek probably ought to make the list.