The hate for moments of the films

Having watched all the films again quite recently i have found that the hate for some moments of the films has been exaggerated.

1) the ewoks beating the 501st- people make it out to be that the 501st got smashed by the ewoks, but they didnt, The surprise attack started of with arrows ( a lethal weapon) then the 501st hads the ewoks on the run till chewie stole the atst, then the tied turn as stone were dropped from high up, making it a good weapon, and the also used tree trunks which can be very heavy and roll fast.

2) To much cgi in the prequels- i thought that yes they did use cgi in places they didnt need to but i do not think it bad, it just would of been nice to have a set, And some parts of the films would of looked a lot worse without using cgi, i think the people who complain about this are just older fans who dont like change.

3) jaja - yes he is annoying, but for me i think he is one of the best characters of the films, because when i was younger i loved him and many young kids now love him to, and he was a great way of getting kids into star wars.

4) Hayden's acting- i feel sorry for him because he is getting a lot of slack of what i think is the scripts fault for having those cringy moments in making any actor look bad. I also think his character was a hard character to portray as he has to show so many emotions, what was really needed was an actor with more experience, what would of been hard to get as it was a young part.

I really don't understand why people keep insisting on Hayden being the reason for all the cringes. The dialogue was horrendous and he was forced to be this angsty emo while still throwing out b-movie one liners. No amount of talent or money can fix a horrible script and bad direction. It's not a fluke that the best movies were NOT directed by Lucas lol.

How bout the horrible chemistry between Hayden and Natilie in number III. God could it of been ANY more forced if they tried?

I think the problem with that is that their romance seemed rushed. He was a child with a crush when he first met her in the first movie and then meets her again and has an infaution and then the romance was rushed so they could end up getting married at the end of that film.

That's not to say you can't meet someone and fall in love with them quickly but those are rare and far between.

Unlike Han and Leia they had two movies after they first met to work with and time in between them to develop a bond of sorts.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I think the problem with that is that their romance seemed rushed. He was a child with a crush when he first met her in the first movie and then meets her again and has an infaution and then the romance was rushed so they could end up getting married at the end of that film.

That's not to say you can't meet someone and fall in love with them quickly but those are rare and far between.

Unlike Han and Leia they had two movies after they first met to work with and time in between them to develop a bond of sorts.

This. Maybe a master-tier actor could have tweaked it slightly or made it slightly more convincing but it was always going to be awkward because of the writing.

My problems are

A) Jar Jar Binks, i loath that character.

B) Anakin spends years with R2D2, and builds C3PO, but later doesn't recognise them at all.

C) how quickly Anakin fell, he seemed balanced at the start of episode 3, then falls completely, if he had been more irratic at the start I would have believed.

D) the fight between Yoda and Palpatine, it added very little, and wasn't that interesting to be honest.

Its entirely unfair how much negativity Hayden receives for his role as Anakin, and frankly quite shameful. In the end he's a quality actor and I wouldn't have picked anyone else for the role, what let the character down was a smattering of poorly written lines. But in the end IMO it was an enjoyable performance.

Oh and the 501st weren't even on Endor. Everyone just assumes its them because Sidious says they are his best. When in fact it was Tempest Force. And people forget the part where the Ewoks get massacred. Poor little guys. :(

My problems are

A) Jar Jar Binks, i loath that character.

B) Anakin spends years with R2D2, and builds C3PO, but later doesn't recognise them at all.

C) how quickly Anakin fell, he seemed balanced at the start of episode 3, then falls completely, if he had been more irratic at the start I would have believed.

D) the fight between Yoda and Palpatine, it added very little, and wasn't that interesting to be honest.

A) yeah i understand he was a love hate character

B) I think with cp30 and r2d2 firstly i think he barely see's them an secondly there are a lot of other astromecs and protical droids out there that look the same.

C) Yes he did fall quickly but i think the moments such as leaving his mother, killing the tuskens, and always having fear, in the previous movies make it seem a bit slower.

D) i liked the fight scene although it didnt put much in, but if they didnt put it in it would obi going to fight vader whilst yoda did nothing.

Its entirely unfair how much negativity Hayden receives for his role as Anakin, and frankly quite shameful. In the end he's a quality actor and I wouldn't have picked anyone else for the role, what let the character down was a smattering of poorly written lines. But in the end IMO it was an enjoyable performance.

Oh and the 501st weren't even on Endor. Everyone just assumes its them because Sidious says they are his best. When in fact it was Tempest Force. And people forget the part where the Ewoks get massacred. Poor little guys. :(

Oh hayden did some good acting in that movie. His parts with Sideous were great, you could actually see the hurt,and betrayal in his eyes, the hurt, when he found out who Palpatine was. And his best acting, was when he and Ewan were trading words over the lava.

When he was allowed to show genuine emotion, he was good. But some of his script, it was forced, and just wasn't right. Especially the scenes between him and Natalie.

He was good at genuine emotion, but when the emotion had to be forced out...not so good.

The surprise attack started of with arrows ( a lethal weapon)

A lethal weapon when used against someone who's unarmoured, but such small bows against fully armoured futuristic soldiers? They wouldn't penetrate modern attempts at exoskeleton body armour, logically stormtrooper armour should be much better than our current tech.

A lethal weapon when used against someone who's unarmoured, but such small bows against fully armoured futuristic soldiers? They wouldn't penetrate modern attempts at exoskeleton body armour, logically stormtrooper armour should be much better than our current tech.

you never know because the amour would of been mainly designed for laser bolts and designed without arrows being in mind, so it could have an unknown weakness against arrows

Having watched all the films again quite recently i have found that the hate for some moments of the films has been exaggerated.

1) the ewoks beating the 501st- people make it out to be that the 501st got smashed by the ewoks, but they didnt, The surprise attack started of with arrows ( a lethal weapon) then the 501st hads the ewoks on the run till chewie stole the atst, then the tied turn as stone were dropped from high up, making it a good weapon, and the also used tree trunks which can be very heavy and roll fast.

2) To much cgi in the prequels- i thought that yes they did use cgi in places they didnt need to but i do not think it bad, it just would of been nice to have a set, And some parts of the films would of looked a lot worse without using cgi, i think the people who complain about this are just older fans who dont like change.

3) jaja - yes he is annoying, but for me i think he is one of the best characters of the films, because when i was younger i loved him and many young kids now love him to, and he was a great way of getting kids into star wars.

4) Hayden's acting- i feel sorry for him because he is getting a lot of slack of what i think is the scripts fault for having those cringy moments in making any actor look bad. I also think his character was a hard character to portray as he has to show so many emotions, what was really needed was an actor with more experience, what would of been hard to get as it was a young part.

OP, you wouldn't happen to be on Begeren Colony would you?

you never know because the amour would of been mainly designed for laser bolts and designed without arrows being in mind, so it could have an unknown weakness against arrows

I'm assuming they designed it with explosions in mind. If it can get pierced by an arrow fired from a light bow then shrapnel is going to rip it apart. Perhaps it was just poorly represented by the films, but the size of the bows combined with the short draw length means those arrows aren't going to pierce anything - a decent piece of plastic could have stopped them.

The two worst things in my opinion

1) Anakin as a space Jesus when he had no father, WHAT and WHY?

2) Padme died of a broken heart. There is a war going on and this is the route they took. HUH?

Everything else is acceptable but these two things were insane

Edited by kirorx

The two worst things in my opinion

1) Anakin as a space Jesus when he had no father, WHAT and WHY?

2) Padme died of a broken heart. There is a war going on and this is the route they took. HUH?

Everything else is acceptable but these two things were insane

That is actually a thing. Stress can weaken your heart to the point of cardiac arrest. It is called Takotsubo cardiomyopathy.

Poor little things.

That's the worst moment of the film, where the little guy realises his compadre is dead.

That is actually a thing. Stress can weaken your heart to the point of cardiac arrest. It is called Takotsubo cardiomyopathy.

Indeed, it also worsens under injury, when Anakin force choked her in anger, just made it worse emotionally and physically.

Another factor being the collapse of the republic into the empire, she dedicated her life to politics... How soul destroying would that be? Padme really is a tragic character...

Probably wouldn't have killed her without the choke though....

Anakin looked too young in episode 3,maybe he should have had more makeup to make him appear a little older.There is hardly any change between him there and in episode 2,except for the eye scar and the hair.Other than that,i don't have complaints about him.

Also would have been better if he had more moments with yellow eyes,cus i think the actor is good at portraying dark characters,just as GL himself said.Basically he should have appeared as Vader without suit longer than he did.

Also there are many things specially in episode 3 that are done badly.There shouldn't be a book about it that clarifies things,everything should be clear from the movie itself and the book should just explore things in detail.The fight between Yoda and Sidious ,Sidious and Windu being a few examples.

Edited by Kaedusz

Two things...

Storm Trooper Armor. Really? Those guys get one-shot left and right, throughout all the movies. Seriously, have you ever seen that ridiculous white armor deflect or absorb anything? Ever? Perfectly reasonable to assume that an arrow would kill them instantly as well. If this was Star Trek they would all be wearing red shirts!

Ewoks and Endor. Is anyone else bothered by the relative size of the final massive explosion that took out the shield generator? Check it out again. Relatively speaking, It looks to me like the blast covered around 5-10 square miles of that forest, at least! This would have vaporized not only the forest, but Han, Leia, the rebel-scum task force, R2 and 3PO and every cute little Ewok around! It has always bugged me.

I'm not saying.......I'm just saying.....

Two things...

Storm Trooper Armor. Really? Those guys get one-shot left and right, throughout all the movies. Seriously, have you ever seen that ridiculous white armor deflect or absorb anything? Ever? Perfectly reasonable to assume that an arrow would kill them instantly as well. If this was Star Trek they would all be wearing red shirts!

Ewoks and Endor. Is anyone else bothered by the relative size of the final massive explosion that took out the shield generator? Check it out again. Relatively speaking, It looks to me like the blast covered around 5-10 square miles of that forest, at least! This would have vaporized not only the forest, but Han, Leia, the rebel-scum task force, R2 and 3PO and every cute little Ewok around! It has always bugged me.

I'm not saying.......I'm just saying.....

Reason for the armor bit is...the Rebels were using military grade armor penetrating weaponry. So of course the armor is going to be useless, the armor was more to protect from harsh environments, also explosives and shrapnel. The armor can protect from blaster shots, but we never see the Rebels use anything less then an armor penetrating weapon.

As for the Ewoks thing, they were mainly using blunt force on the troopers and even those that did have spears did multiple stabbings, its safe to say that the armor was designed for blasters and the like, not so much stabbing weaponry.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Anakin looked too young in episode 3,maybe he should have had more makeup to make him appear a little older.There is hardly any change between him there and in episode 2,except for the eye scar and the hair.Other than that,i don't have complaints about him.

Also would have been better if he had more moments with yellow eyes,cus i think the actor is good at portraying dark characters,just as GL himself said.Basically he should have appeared as Vader without suit longer than he did.

Also there are many things specially in episode 3 that are done badly.There shouldn't be a book about it that clarifies things,everything should be clear from the movie itself and the book should just explore things in detail.The fight between Yoda and Sidious ,Sidious and Windu being a few examples.

You have to remember, it's only 2 years between ep II and ep III. That's the reason he doesn't look much older.

with what you said about the book, making a film is hard work and to actually clarify stuff only using the characters actions and speach must be hard, abit like why the hanger games film wasnt as good as the the book.

Reason for the armor bit is...the Rebels were using military grade armor penetrating weaponry. So of course the armor is going to be useless, the armor was more to protect from harsh environments, also explosives and shrapnel. The armor can protect from blaster shots, but we never see the Rebels use anything less then an armor penetrating weapon.

As for the Ewoks thing, they were mainly using blunt force on the troopers and even those that did have spears did multiple stabbings, its safe to say that the armor was designed for blasters and the like, not so much stabbing weaponry.

in the book aliegence it says how the stormtrooper amour absorbed lower grade blasts but still caused pain somtimes