Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The hate for moments of the films

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The hate for moments of the films

turnoverla-page
07.16.2013 , 10:30 AM | #1
Having watched all the films again quite recently i have found that the hate for some moments of the films has been exaggerated.
1) the ewoks beating the 501st- people make it out to be that the 501st got smashed by the ewoks, but they didnt, The surprise attack started of with arrows ( a lethal weapon) then the 501st hads the ewoks on the run till chewie stole the atst, then the tied turn as stone were dropped from high up, making it a good weapon, and the also used tree trunks which can be very heavy and roll fast.
2) To much cgi in the prequels- i thought that yes they did use cgi in places they didnt need to but i do not think it bad, it just would of been nice to have a set, And some parts of the films would of looked a lot worse without using cgi, i think the people who complain about this are just older fans who dont like change.
3) jaja - yes he is annoying, but for me i think he is one of the best characters of the films, because when i was younger i loved him and many young kids now love him to, and he was a great way of getting kids into star wars.
4) Hayden's acting- i feel sorry for him because he is getting a lot of slack of what i think is the scripts fault for having those cringy moments in making any actor look bad. I also think his character was a hard character to portray as he has to show so many emotions, what was really needed was an actor with more experience, what would of been hard to get as it was a young part.

ImmortalLowlife
07.17.2013 , 07:14 AM | #2
For all the things that were wrong with the prequels, overall I feel the good out weighed the bad. I'm glad they were made, the excessive cgi didn't bother me at all, & jar jar had me ROFLMAO.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 11:47 AM | #3
How bout the horrible chemistry between Hayden and Natilie in number III. God could it of been ANY more forced if they tried?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

turnoverla-page
07.17.2013 , 03:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
How bout the horrible chemistry between Hayden and Natilie in number III. God could it of been ANY more forced if they tried?
yeah but i dont think that was their acting i think that is more the actual characters

Jandi
07.17.2013 , 10:15 PM | #5
I really don't understand why people keep insisting on Hayden being the reason for all the cringes. The dialogue was horrendous and he was forced to be this angsty emo while still throwing out b-movie one liners. No amount of talent or money can fix a horrible script and bad direction. It's not a fluke that the best movies were NOT directed by Lucas lol.

ScarletBlaze
07.18.2013 , 12:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I think the problem with that is that their romance seemed rushed. He was a child with a crush when he first met her in the first movie and then meets her again and has an infaution and then the romance was rushed so they could end up getting married at the end of that film.

That's not to say you can't meet someone and fall in love with them quickly but those are rare and far between.

Unlike Han and Leia they had two movies after they first met to work with and time in between them to develop a bond of sorts.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

SwoopingLion
07.18.2013 , 12:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I think the problem with that is that their romance seemed rushed. He was a child with a crush when he first met her in the first movie and then meets her again and has an infaution and then the romance was rushed so they could end up getting married at the end of that film.

That's not to say you can't meet someone and fall in love with them quickly but those are rare and far between.

Unlike Han and Leia they had two movies after they first met to work with and time in between them to develop a bond of sorts.
This. Maybe a master-tier actor could have tweaked it slightly or made it slightly more convincing but it was always going to be awkward because of the writing.
An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

AlexDougherty
07.18.2013 , 01:52 AM | #8
My problems are

A) Jar Jar Binks, i loath that character.
B) Anakin spends years with R2D2, and builds C3PO, but later doesn't recognise them at all.
C) how quickly Anakin fell, he seemed balanced at the start of episode 3, then falls completely, if he had been more irratic at the start I would have believed.
D) the fight between Yoda and Palpatine, it added very little, and wasn't that interesting to be honest.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Beniboybling
07.18.2013 , 05:20 AM | #9
Its entirely unfair how much negativity Hayden receives for his role as Anakin, and frankly quite shameful. In the end he's a quality actor and I wouldn't have picked anyone else for the role, what let the character down was a smattering of poorly written lines. But in the end IMO it was an enjoyable performance.

Oh and the 501st weren't even on Endor. Everyone just assumes its them because Sidious says they are his best. When in fact it was Tempest Force. And people forget the part where the Ewoks get massacred. Poor little guys.

turnoverla-page
07.18.2013 , 01:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
My problems are

A) Jar Jar Binks, i loath that character.
B) Anakin spends years with R2D2, and builds C3PO, but later doesn't recognise them at all.
C) how quickly Anakin fell, he seemed balanced at the start of episode 3, then falls completely, if he had been more irratic at the start I would have believed.
D) the fight between Yoda and Palpatine, it added very little, and wasn't that interesting to be honest.
A) yeah i understand he was a love hate character
B) I think with cp30 and r2d2 firstly i think he barely see's them an secondly there are a lot of other astromecs and protical droids out there that look the same.
C) Yes he did fall quickly but i think the moments such as leaving his mother, killing the tuskens, and always having fear, in the previous movies make it seem a bit slower.
D) i liked the fight scene although it didnt put much in, but if they didnt put it in it would obi going to fight vader whilst yoda did nothing.