Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trouble with Taking on Toborro

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Trouble with Taking on Toborro

AhsokaTanorules
06.20.2013 , 08:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by johndoeb View Post
I am trying to solo Taking on Toborro on the planet Meceb. I have finished all of the steps for this mission except defeating Toborro's Glittering Fury. I last about 5 seconds then I die. My question is if this mission can be done solo how can it be done. I am a level 54 Vanguard Trooper.
LOL, you got problems soloing this boss? Do me a favor and do not roll Empire and try tio face Szajin then who is like 500 times harder.

I myself found Toborroa easy to kill simply by running circles around him and attacking and watching him die. Even my JK beat him easy with an undergeared Rusk.

kevbeab
07.16.2013 , 07:36 PM | #12
I had trouble at first. I have a poorly planned Guardian and get my butt handed to me often and this boss seemed impossible. After reading some suggestions here it ended up being as easy as the emperor.

Go in and run around it like crazy slashing/shooting at will. When it stops following you and charging its lasers get to its side (NOT UNDERNEATH!!!). After it discharges (my companion was unharmed) stay at the side and it will not move, hit it like crazy. If you don't get it done before it moves again repeat the process above. Again, don't hide underneath, be at the side! After the second discharge you should be able to finish it off easily.

Dethyl
07.28.2013 , 05:00 AM | #13
Use a tank companion and dps the glittering fury from the back. The big laser doesn't hurt your companion, only the droid's ordinary attacks can harm him/her. If you're a tank, switch to dps stance.

Your tank companion does not need to be geared. My sentinel used Lord Scourge in just 1 tionese piece, 2 blue level 50 pieces and the rest were level 47 greens was able to tank it without healing. Use your heroic moment for some minor healing if you need it.

People are saying it is hard. This is true only if you're trying to tank it or time a last minute dash or dodge out of the way. If you don't have the droid's attention, you'll be fine

tcanty
07.31.2013 , 04:29 AM | #14
I've just confirmed, that from the side works. As a smuggler I start in cover, just to drop some things like Sabotage Charge, then immediately run right at him and then to one side. As long as I stay to his side, he's not a terribly difficult mob to beat. Just always stay on his side, even if it means you can't attack, because your companion will attack for you.

TheGreatSatan
07.31.2013 , 01:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
LOL, you got problems soloing this boss? Do me a favor and do not roll Empire and try tio face Szajin then who is like 500 times harder.

I myself found Toborroa easy to kill simply by running circles around him and attacking and watching him die. Even my JK beat him easy with an undergeared Rusk.
I have to agree that Toborro seemed much easier to kill than Szajin. I killed Toborro on my Sentinel using *Kira* on my second attempt.

DaShuk
08.27.2013 , 11:27 PM | #16
Died the first time because I tried to interrupt the nuke. Did the circles method the next time with Nadia DPS/Tanking him and took him down in literally 20 seconds, this was an easier fight then the Consular storyline boss, lol. Honestly just run in circles, save your cooldown to get out of his slow before he fires and just hang on his side blasting/hacking away.

MegaVortex
09.20.2013 , 04:21 PM | #17
Confirmed. I kept getting 1 shotted by this guy with my Guardian. Just kept running circles around him and then really started slashing at him on the side when he stopped. Had no problem at all after reading this thread. Thanks!

sabretruthTiger
09.21.2013 , 08:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by kevbeab View Post
I had trouble at first. I have a poorly planned Guardian and get my butt handed to me often and this boss seemed impossible. After reading some suggestions here it ended up being as easy as the emperor.

Go in and run around it like crazy slashing/shooting at will. When it stops following you and charging its lasers get to its side (NOT UNDERNEATH!!!). After it discharges (my companion was unharmed) stay at the side and it will not move, hit it like crazy. If you don't get it done before it moves again repeat the process above. Again, don't hide underneath, be at the side! After the second discharge you should be able to finish it off easily.
Holy crap, so easy once I ran around him and hiding at his side and he stopped the second time and could just DPS him while he did nothing.

dirose
09.26.2013 , 08:55 PM | #19
I followed the advice here and still got hit hard. His laser thing took my companion out. I couldn't heal him or myself. Oh and his lasers hit all around, not just in front of him or to the side. When it got me, I stood to his side and moved out of the red circles, but he spawned more red circles all around me...no spot was open without red circles while he was charging his lasers. I used my dps companion, HK-51 and then Nadia. They both took extreme damage. Since I have to stand in one spot to cast a heal, running around him in circles doesn't work. At this point , I don't see any way to beat him. This is unbelievably frustrating.

AshlaBoga
09.26.2013 , 09:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by dirose View Post
I followed the advice here and still got hit hard. His laser thing took my companion out. I couldn't heal him or myself. Oh and his lasers hit all around, not just in front of him or to the side. When it got me, I stood to his side and moved out of the red circles, but he spawned more red circles all around me...no spot was open without red circles while he was charging his lasers. I used my dps companion, HK-51 and then Nadia. They both took extreme damage. Since I have to stand in one spot to cast a heal, running around him in circles doesn't work. At this point , I don't see any way to beat him. This is unbelievably frustrating.
The one-shot laser only hits in front of him. Dirose is it possible that you're lagging on this fight?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption