Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constant Game Crashing for no apparent reason

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Constant Game Crashing for no apparent reason
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Akmadan
07.16.2013 , 12:04 PM | #1
Hello fellow Sith and soon to be buried Jedi!

Ehem...

For about 6-9 months now, I've been having crashes on my SWTOR. Constantly.

Now, In that time I've bought a new PC. It's safe to assume my less then qualified Radeon graphics card can't handle SWTOR as has been the case before as I've heared... radeon not handling the hyperscape jumps for example that are in Black Talon/The Esseles and the precaution being people have to alt-tab and go back in. It's a minor fault but still...

Which shoudn't even be there mind you.

Now, I've assumed these crashes have to do with my graphics card OR overheating. I believe I've fixed my overheat problem, so my card remains... (Here's me wishing for a Nvidia GeForce GTX anything right now) to be the villain behind my game crashing.

I've cleaned up my PC, played a while the game... but it keeps crashing.

EDIT: Should say, my current card is AMD Radeon HD 7900 and I don't believe it's good enough to handle SWTOR.. or any other game properly. I'm not been able to get a GeForce GTX due to other reasons.

This is how it usually happens:

I play for a while, can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours before suddenly,, the game stops, no sound, no movement, no nothing... and I crash to my desktop.

That's IT...

Any advice on this matter, please? Anything would be helpful... even redirecting to another forum, as I'm unsure if I should post this here.

Cheerio

Bronholz
07.16.2013 , 01:26 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Akmadan,

Thanks for contacting us.

To help us investigate your issue can you please provide us with a Dxdiag.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
Please can you also provide us with your reliability report, you can get this by following the steps below.
  • Open your Start menu and type "reliability monitor" into the search box.
  • Select the most recent SWTOR failure.
  • Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.

Please post the full information of the reliability history within [code][/code] or [spoiler][/spoiler] tags

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Akmadan
07.16.2013 , 03:05 PM | #3
Spoiler

I hope this is what you need! Also... a friend has adviced me I may need a new RAM, as I might not have... enough of it I suppose. He's had similar problems, getting the Blue screen of death just like me.. and I am inclined to agree with him.

I've played Killing Floor with a friend for 2 hours, at least. The temp. was up at max. 79
And SWTOR usualy goes up to 60-62, I keep the monitor up so when I crash. I see exactly what the temp. was... it's usually 60-62 as stated.

So it can't be overheating I believe.. what of RAM is that possible? My PC just not handling SWTOR (Also the crashes typicaly happen in dungeons, or just when doing something taxy.. something big to handle.)

World of Warcraft has the same problem, actually... during raids I get the blue screen often. What do you think... droid service person.. or whoever :P!

EDIT: Oh and the last request, the monitor thing you asked... I can't see to do it unfortunately. It won't let me.

It says: Windows cannot find <lots of numbers> ending with /pageRealibilityView... make sure you wrote it correctly and try again. I wrote it over and over 6 times at least, seemed right.

Bronholz
07.16.2013 , 03:19 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the DxDiag.

I would doubt that you need more RAM, 16gb is more then the game needs to run. It could possible that one of your RAM sticks is bad and needs replacing, but that's hard to say without tests. It maybe worth trying a Memtest86+.This would indicate if there are any problems with you RAM.

From your DxDiag, it looks like you are using an older driver for your Graphics card:
Quote:
Driver Date/Size: 12/19/2012
I would recommend checking the card manufacturers website for updated versions.

On the Reliability Monitor, if you just type in 'Reliability' into the bar it should pop up an option 'View reliability history' with a blue flag next to it. If you still can't find it, you can go into the Control Panel, then to Action Center and you should see it there.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Akmadan
07.17.2013 , 04:01 AM | #5
I'm currently trying to update my Radeon Graphics Card, I've not noticed that! Silly card never tells me...

About that relibility. I did that, yes. I saw the 'View reliability history' thing, and when I click it... well, I wrote that above. It just wont let me, gives me the same errror...

aronnex
07.17.2013 , 04:20 AM | #6
hey akmadan seems u got the same problem as me except i've been able to run swtor perfectly fine since it came out on this pc of mine and i have the same graphics card as yours my crashes only started after the patch but i also updated my drivers to the latest and still get em. Do u also get random blue screens as well?

OwenBrooks
07.17.2013 , 04:26 AM | #7
ok your ssd is almost full and for a ssd that is bad - Free Space: 8.5 GB try and keep it at 75% full (this likely isn't anything to do with current issue)

Definitely test your RAM with memtest86+ as CS recommended

also Windows Key + R type cmd (press enter) type sfc /scannow (press enter)

Akmadan
07.17.2013 , 05:54 AM | #8
I seem to have fixed it..

I've updated my Radeon card and SWTOR hasn't crashed -for now-, I was in a Flashpoint and nothing happend. I'll try raiding on wow as it might have a bigger chance to happen there.. the blue screen, and crashes.. might be related? Dunno... but for now SWTOR seems stable! :P and my blue screen's gone for now...

Also yes Aron! I do get random blue screens of death.. says windows detected a.. error, or warning, or something and is turning itself off.

aronnex
07.18.2013 , 02:32 AM | #9
hey owen i did a memtest and found a error in one of the memory cells and that was on the first pass, but i have no idea how to work out which of the modules it is any idea how i can find out?

OwenBrooks
07.18.2013 , 02:38 AM | #10
Trial and error I am afraid, hopefully your setup will allow you to pull a stick or 2 out at a time.

Newer setups prefer ram to be paired, so it may mean just buy a paired kit and replace 2 sticks