Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Server Records 2.0

TheronFett
07.12.2013 , 03:40 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Charobot View Post
Recreating this list would not encourage a higher level of PVP here on TEH. I would not suggest starting a new set of records (but what do I matter? I moved to PoT5). The records here should serve as inspiration and something to look up to for the PvPers here on TEH. It should drive you to outperform the high level of talent and PvP that TEH has experienced. Also, why recreate this thread when it is perfectly possible for the players that left to come back and demolish the scores on the new list? Use this list to strive to play better. It is very possible for the any of you to beat these 'old' records and I suggest all of you to keep pushing in order to do it. However at the same time, don't tunnel some poor helpless 1500EXP sage with smashes to get the top hit. Unless it's Aegiss of course...
This list is mostly an e-peen yardstick, and serves little other purpose than to compare the "top" PvP guilds and players on TEH to those of other servers. Some of us could care less and choose not to participate in this list. For example, I am in possession of screenshots that would list my character's name(s) on 4 different sections of this list, 1 of which beats the current top spot holder.

This list drives no one to get better. It's not a motivational tool, nor is it something to aspire to. Reason being, a lot of the players listed were not very inspiring in the first place, and the spirit of this kind of play is what essentially killed PvP on TEH in the first place.

Pyrinoos
07.12.2013 , 05:01 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
This list is mostly an e-peen yardstick, and serves little other purpose than to compare the "top" PvP guilds and players on TEH to those of other servers. Some of us could care less and choose not to participate in this list. For example, I am in possession of screenshots that would list my character's name(s) on 4 different sections of this list, 1 of which beats the current top spot holder.

This list drives no one to get better. It's not a motivational tool, nor is it something to aspire to. Reason being, a lot of the players listed were not very inspiring in the first place, and the spirit of this kind of play is what essentially killed PvP on TEH in the first place.
Actually I would argue it does a lot to drive people to get better especially the HPS and DPS numbers in that they provide a top bar of what a class/AC/spec can do when played well and under the right circumstances for high numbers. I know I have looked to those leader boards and wondered what I could/should be doing to increase HPS and DPS in order to be a more effective player (not for numbers sake, but to win). I would like the thread to continue personally, but whatever it doesn't really matter.
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

Jenzali
07.12.2013 , 09:23 PM | #273
There's nothing wrong with a thread like this. It's just for fun.

If people are ignoring objectives to get BIG NUMBURZ, they'd probably be doing it with or without the existence of a thread like this.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Aikiyc
07.12.2013 , 09:39 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
There's nothing wrong with a thread like this. It's just for fun.

If people are ignoring objectives to get BIG NUMBURZ, they'd probably be doing it with or without the existence of a thread like this.
Pretty much my line of thinking. Was the same line of thinking for the PvE thread too, I think.
The Teltae Legacy
There's no escape from the mind.

Advanderer
07.12.2013 , 10:04 PM | #275
If it's just for fun, then I believe it would be more fun to make a thread where people can post the videos of the good games (most of the screenshots posted here do not qualify) they have played instead of sharing solo kills screenshots from losses or DPS records from lopsided games. Is that indicative of success?

But it's really nothing more than
an e-peen yardstick.
Does it drive people to get better numbers? Yeah, sure. But does that actually matter? The screenshots taken from losses prove otherwise. Why do people deathmatch in Huttball, where killing people and allowing them to respawn on their endzone might actually be detrimental to the success of your team? Why do some people abandon the turrets they're on as soon as and only after they run out of people to kill and numbers to build? Why do they refuse to pass the Huttball across the fire when it's perfectly safe, and walk into fire trap just to score on their own? What's the point of not scoring to "farm" the enemy team? Numburz.

Make a thread if you would like to applaud that kind of behaviour. People who possess that level of "talent", as referenced in a post before me, have cost me more nodes than I can count. Those are the screenshots I would be more interested in sharing myself, but there are no threads for that.

But if you are planning to keep the same format, I would recommend accepting screenshots from wins only. Even that would not be ideal, but a better solution nevertheless.

And do not call it a records thread if you skip embarassing categories such as "Deaths" while including "Damage Taken" or "Killing Blows", which are actually way harder to find on the scorecard. Those "records" are not valid unless every player is interested in sharing theirs in public anyway. Call it a leaderboard, or an e-peen yardstick.

TheronFett
07.13.2013 , 10:21 AM | #276
What Averth said ^

Look at the screenshots in the list. Many of them are premades against PUGs. I mean seriously, how hard is it to rattle off a ton of damage and heals against teams 1/10th your skill level? As for the ones that are losses, who really gives a crap about a million in damage when you lose? Personally, I'll take a match where everyone works together to play the objectives and win versus some scoreboard hero clamoring for numbers and trying to get his screenshot posted here.

Bastrus
07.13.2013 , 11:43 AM | #277
From a humor standpoint... Would it be considered epeenish or evil for people to post screenshots on how many times they've caused Nillard to rage quit? Caused Nillard deaths and won games against him?... Not that anyone would do such a thing. >.> Because after all, who doesn't like Nillard?

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_i...ssragequit.jpg

Only took 4 deaths that game...

*Whistles innocently
I replaced my D movement key with G, so instead of WASD, I have SWAG.
The Ebon Hawk, former Rubat Crystal
Bastrus, Vanguard Tank, <Inconceivable>
Bast'rus, Powertech Tank, <Project Mayhem>

Ceasaigh
07.14.2013 , 11:16 AM | #278
What Averth said ^

Look at the screenshots in the list. Many of them are premades against PUGs. I mean seriously, how hard is it to rattle off a ton of damage and heals against teams 1/10th your skill level? As for the ones that are losses, who really gives a crap about a million in damage when you lose? Personally, I'll take a match where everyone works together to play the objectives and win versus some scoreboard hero clamoring for numbers and trying to get his screenshot posted here.
Thats what SWTOR PvP is yes?

Objective based PvP. SWTOR PvP is not a CoD team deathmatch.

It's not always about most DPS ot biggest hit or number of medals. it's about teamwork and working together.

I have personally been in matches where my team had terrible DPS numbers, but you know what? We smeared the other team with objectives and won. Winning by guile and smarts often trumps brute force.

Take Ancient Hypergate. I can't count the number of times we have been getting our asses smeared in the Middle, yet somehow one of our stealthers ninja cap the other teams node with 7 seconds left to help win the game.

I laugh at people who make fun of my 300K in DPS yet don't realize my 1500 objective points helped us win the match.

It's not always about smearing the other team.
Jedi Guardian Ceasaigh
<Working as Intended>
"The Hawk Legacy"
Jedi Covenant

Wheeltax
07.14.2013 , 12:36 PM | #279
I've also been in more warzones I can count where my team lost in part because one or two people are trying their best to drive their dps numbers higher instead of paying any attention whatsoever to the objectives.
Xhera - Sith Marauder
Space Pirate

Tykhelituss
07.19.2013 , 02:16 AM | #280
1. Audrietta
2. v V v
3. Sith Marauder
4. Novare Coast
5. Overall Damage - 1,860,989
6. http://oi44.tinypic.com/6r1nhg.jpg