Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

These Forums D:

DewyMossEmpire
07.06.2013 , 12:03 PM | #1
Ugh. I don't get people on these forums. They are constantly complaining about how much they dislike so many aspects of this game, & all the "mistakes," & all the "improvements" that should be made. But only subscribers can use these forums - these trolls & haters are still paying to play this game, which must mean that they still enjoy it.

I think I won't even try to browse the forums after Treek & The BBA & what not are released. You think there's heat on them now, just wait til they come out, when people can blast the Hell out of them with how ~they think it should be set up.

I love this game, it's immersive & fun to play & there's a lot of amazing content, & I am really excited to see all the new stuff that's coming out soon. I just wish there could be more pleasant people around to say the same.

CKHelseth
07.06.2013 , 12:25 PM | #2
So you have posted a thread to complain about complaints....

Seriously this isn't any more constructive and like the thousands before it will change nothing.

This is what MMO forums are. People have no where else to voice their issues and people with no issues are playing the game. Why is anyone surprised by this after a decade of MMOs and toxic forums that swtor's are the same.
Guild Leader - Solatium (Imp)/Pandalorians(Pub)
Maren - Sniper Krysar - Juggernaut Catface - Starfighter

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 12:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CKHelseth View Post
Why is anyone surprised by this after a decade of MMOs and toxic forums that swtor's are the same.
Are you saying you don't get those people?

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 12:31 PM | #4
I find when you look past most of the QQ, the footstomping, and the demands, you find out the subtext is a player who cares about the game who wants to see improvements but has difficulty expressing that. It is easier for them to be angry than sad. If they would stop, breathe, and create a positive and constructive thread with feedback, they might just get heard by the powers-that-be. Instead, their lunatic style ranting, QQ, and name calling lands them in even more hot water when people stop seeing their point of view, and start seeing them as an idiot. They are not stupid, but perception is everything.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

CKHelseth
07.06.2013 , 12:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post
Are you saying you don't get those people?
i dunno, read my grammar and confused myself

Really just tired of complaints about complaints. So of course I opted to complain about complaints over other complaints.

Only difference I don't mind the complaints. Rather have them here than general chat.

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 12:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CKHelseth View Post
i dunno, read my grammar and confused myself

Really just tired of complaints about complaints. So of course I opted to complain about complaints over other complaints.

Only difference I don't mind the complaints. Rather have them here than general chat.
This could go on forever, if you let it.

CKHelseth
07.06.2013 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
I find when you look past most of the QQ, the footstomping, and the demands, you find out the subtext is a player who cares about the game who wants to see improvements but has difficulty expressing that. It is easier for them to be angry than sad. If they would stop, breathe, and create a positive and constructive thread with feedback, they might just get heard by the powers-that-be. Instead, their lunatic style ranting, QQ, and name calling lands them in even more hot water when people stop seeing their point of view, and start seeing them as an idiot. They are not stupid, but perception is everything.
Internet anonymity also lets people go a lot further than they would normally go. Pretty sure most of the angry posters would be singing praises if they met a dev (unless there's an open bar of course).

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 12:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
I find when you look past most of the QQ, the footstomping, and the demands, you find out the subtext is a player who cares about the game who wants to see improvements but has difficulty expressing that.
Dear old dad used to say, one "you screwed up" ruins nine "atta-boys".

He's right.

CKHelseth
07.06.2013 , 12:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post
This could go on forever, if you let it.
No you!

Tyrloch
07.06.2013 , 12:42 PM | #10
The funny thing is...

Those who are raging about how this game sucks while paying for it, and probably mostly enjoying it, will tell you they are just trying to bring up frustrating areas they hope the developers work on. They are venting their frustrations in order to improve the game by bringing up problems. They think if they rage and threaten the developers will pay more attention to them, since obviously they are outraged at these various slaps in the face and should act on the screamers demands immediately. i.e. the loud and squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Yet, at the Dallas Cantina tour stop, the BW employees there seemed to indicated that they pretty much don't take these threats and ragers seriously. They usually simply dismiss these outraged complainers. They do listen to well thought out and presented suggestions and arguments, but ignore the trollish screamers and their threats.

In other words, these pissed off but paying people are not accomplishing what they are claiming they set out to do, since their raging simply causes the developers to ignore them and not take them seriously.

But, in my opinion, these ragers know this, they aren't that stupid. "I care about the future of the game and am only trying to present problems that need to be addressed" is simply an excuse to troll. I'm not buying it. You are a troll, and like ************ and whining. Quit pretending otherwise.

I buy it as much as I buy that gankers in WoW are really just trying to encourage world PvP by drawing out higher level PvPers to lowbie areas.