Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carrots.

TheNahash
07.06.2013 , 11:47 AM | #11
This just in: Companies hype their products!

OP,

Every company will try to sell their product as if its the best thing since sliced bread.
Your job, as a consumer, is to remain calm around words like "amazing", "awesome", "mind-blowing" etc and understand the fact that a company can and will do anything in their power to keep you guessing and interested in remaining their customer to find out what you're getting.

But it's not only the company's fault that people just seem to enjoy over-hyping things.
A "mind-blowing" update will start from "a new planet" and if you allow it, will end up as "Darth Vader will personally deliver a special edition Jawagram to your house".
That's not their fault. That's OUR fault.

Hopefully, you'll understand that marketing is a great tool which -much like a knife- can and will be used for both good and bad stuff.
But a video game's marketing is rather harmless, really. Anyone can just leave at any time.

What I'm concerned about is that marketing seems to have found a new favorite customer - politicians.
That's what you should be worried about.
Not a game not delivering exactly what your imagination created.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Deluged
07.06.2013 , 12:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Who cares? Is your life really that wrapped in TOR?
If you can't handle people speaking candidly, then stay out of my thread. See what I did there?
Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 12:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
Why the need to put things out there when so little is known about it?
Because if they told us nothing at all, you'd have that to complain about.

Check out all my candidness.

branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 02:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
If you can't handle people speaking candidly, then stay out of my thread. See what I did there?
Made zero sense? Yeah, I saw.