Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Very confused on subs now.

Arkerus
07.06.2013 , 09:29 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
I agree, which is why I'm no longer bothering with the game, except to just practice my German in like two months from now. I'm supposed to take German next quarter. The 300,000 credit limit is a real problem. In pso2 you don't have credit limit, but you can't sell any thing to players. However, you can buy any thing you want and no limitations of any kinda in terms of character progression. I guess it's much like Tera's free to play. Oddly, my sub ran out yesterday and I can still post.

I tried pve, but didn't really last more than two weeks. It's just boring like wow end game pve, which I done too many times. It's also very annoying gearing up a new character like wow that it started to feel like a second job having to log in every day to make any meaningful progression unless you want to take months gearing one character. I can't stand waiting for the pve queues. From the time the game launch up to 2.0 I only did pvp and never really felt gearing up my character was tedious because it was fun. Running the same dungeons and operations is not fun. It's boring after the first couple times. They are exactly the same each and every time and aren't challenging. Yesterday I wiped like 4-5 times with each attempt lasting 15-25 minutes on a boss for my subclass quest in pso2 and it was frustrating fun. On my last attempt I finally killed it and gotten really good using wire maces.

I don't know just the whole idea of going through the same nonsense I went through in wow, trying to find a guild, gearing up to run raids, sticking to a stupid raid schedule each week, having consumables, spending lots of gold on repairs and other expensive is not worth the hassle and time sink.

As for pvp, it was fun prior to patch 2.0, but as is the case in wow, each time the level cap is increased pvp becomes unbalance or broken. Swtor is no exception and I don't see pvp being casually viable any more. It's not the same type of pvp that exist prior to 2.0, which is why I haven't bother with it.

I know it probably won't happen in mmorpg, but for once a mmorpg company should release expansion that don't increase the level cap, but that add content only. Increasing the level cap is a cheap way of making content last longer or to keep subscribers subscribed longer.

I'm pretty sure preferred players can't post on the forums, but only subscribers are allowed.
Then just stop playing and practice your German elsewhere. No one uses a product they don't even like...and if they do they have bigger issues. I don't like playing CoD, so I don't play it.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

BadOrb
07.06.2013 , 09:32 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Then just stop playing and practice your German elsewhere. No one uses a product they don't even like...and if they do they have bigger issues. I don't like playing CoD, so I don't play it.
I would have thought that . if they had time they would learn Japanese and play PSO2 , I know i would , but they have to learn German and wait for the delayed Western release of the game. SEGA being tight lipped about it is annoying.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 10:24 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
SO if you have done the math and know what it takes, go ahead and drop your sub. That's the point. Its up to you. Make your own decision.
Of course what people really want is more for their sub fee. Who wouldn't? But companies don't give more value for the money just because some customers ask for it.

I saw the same behavior on the LotRO forums:
"VIP (subscription) does not provide enough value!"
"Then drop to Premium (Preferred)."
"Premium has too many restrictions!"
"Then stay VIP."
"VIP does not provide enough value!"
Etc, etc, etc.

Seireeni
07.06.2013 , 10:33 AM | #54
Only subs can have 22 characters. And tbh, that and unlimited warzones is enough for me.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Andryah
07.06.2013 , 11:38 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Of course what people really want is more for their sub fee. Who wouldn't? But companies don't give more value for the money just because some customers ask for it.

I saw the same behavior on the LotRO forums:
"VIP (subscription) does not provide enough value!"
"Then drop to Premium (Preferred)."
"Premium has too many restrictions!"
"Then stay VIP."
"VIP does not provide enough value!"
Etc, etc, etc.
Heh... yeah. Different MMO same pissing contest.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Tachenko_Yuri
07.06.2013 , 11:41 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
Have you become so blinded by gambling boxes that you forgot people will spend money on other things?
more or less.

Applicator
07.06.2013 , 06:57 PM | #57
From another post on the forums

Priority login status. (you are more important to get onto full servers)
Full story content from level 1-50.
Maximum (and boosted) skill slots.
Unlimited Chat use in-game.
Unlimited use of in-game mail (credits and 8 items per message.)
Capability to trade between players.
50 sales slots on the GTN at any given time.
Free Respecialization for all characters.
Open character creation choices- 12 character slots. (premium and F2P are limited.)
Unlimited access to Flashpoints, Operations, Space Missions, and Warzones.
Ability to increase character inventory with in-game credits. (CC only for Premium and F2P.)
Unlimited use and reduced CD on quick travel. (compared to Premium and F2P)
Unlimited use of Emergency Fleet Pass.
Early access to Speeder Liscences.
Unlimited field revives (Medcenter and Med Probe.)
Automatic access to all gear levels.
Increased weekly commendation cap.
Join and lead full access guilds.
Discount at all vendors.
Experience gain boosted.
Access to rested experience boost.
Boost to Valor gain.
Automatic access to 6 quickbars.
Automatic access to event rewards.
Discount on mod removal and augmenting costs.
Full access to Customer Service resources.
No cap on credits.
And a monthly stipend of 600 cartel coins.

Is $15 a month really a lot? I'm curious how people justify not spending 50c a day to get all those benefits