Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Jedi are taking over!


SawneyRath's Avatar


SawneyRath
07.06.2013 , 07:29 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Firstly, buying cartel coins with real money and purchasing Treek without a legacy requirement has hardly any "play style" in it because there's literally no playing involved.

I don't see why there should be 2 options on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Theres one end where you have to work for your credits AND to get legacy 40...the other...buy cartel coins and instantly get the same thing.

Do you not see the problem with that?

If you have to "work" for anything in an MMO I think its time to go outside and get a real job. Maybe you know... do some REAL work.

An MMO is a cheap form of entertainment meant to be used to have fun, not work. Work is where you make money to pay for said MMO.

So, if someone with no time to grind out legacy 40 spends his hard earned money on a companion, what is wrong with that? You're not forced to. Your not affected by it. Who cares? Grind out your 40 legacy and obtain your 1mil and laugh at the guy who paid money for something he could have gotten for free.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.06.2013 , 07:49 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
If you have to "work" for anything in an MMO I think its time to go outside and get a real job. Maybe you know... do some REAL work.

An MMO is a cheap form of entertainment meant to be used to have fun, not work. Work is where you make money to pay for said MMO.

So, if someone with no time to grind out legacy 40 spends his hard earned money on a companion, what is wrong with that? You're not forced to. Your not affected by it. Who cares? Grind out your 40 legacy and obtain your 1mil and laugh at the guy who paid money for something he could have gotten for free.
Ah, the good old "this game isn't a job" argument.

By work, i mean grinding, i mean spending time in the game, you know? actually playing the game. So the rest of your argument is invalid because you assumed things.

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
07.06.2013 , 11:37 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Ah, the good old "this game isn't a job" argument.

By work, i mean grinding, i mean spending time in the game, you know? actually playing the game. So the rest of your argument is invalid because you assumed things.
You do understand some people can't play like you probably can. I know I can't. I have a job, school and I also have to take care of my mom so the time I get to play is limited.

I do not want everything to be Cartel Coins but I also understand not everything needs to be so difficult that no one else can get anything if they don't spend much time on the game.

There needs to be a happy medium yet you sound like you don't want anyone to have anything but you and you don't think the cartel shop should exist at all. You sound like it all has to be your way and there is no medium ground.

Yes some things should be based on legacy and those should only be awarded to legacy but I disagree with the way you are coming across as everything has to be your way or forget it.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 11:40 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
By work, i mean grinding, i mean spending time in the game, you know? actually playing the game. So the rest of your argument is invalid because you assumed things.
Standing in the fleet cantina RPing is "playing the game." Running WZs endlessly is "playing the game." Working the GTN is "playing the game."

"Playing the game" is not defined by Ayelinna, except for Ayelinna.

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.06.2013 , 02:01 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Standing in the fleet cantina RPing is "playing the game." Running WZs endlessly is "playing the game." Working the GTN is "playing the game."

"Playing the game" is not defined by Ayelinna, except for Ayelinna.
Those are playing the game yeah.

Standing there buying cartel coins isn't. Standing there unlocking something with cartel coins instantly isn't playing the game, compared to someone unlocking the same thing by playing the actual game.

DrewFromPhilly's Avatar


DrewFromPhilly
07.06.2013 , 02:04 PM | #96
If they let ppl buy conquerer or kell dragon gear with cartel coins....then yeah sure I'd agree with you. But an ewok companion?

No, just no.

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 02:12 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Those are playing the game yeah.

Standing there buying cartel coins isn't. Standing there unlocking something with cartel coins instantly isn't playing the game, compared to someone unlocking the same thing by playing the actual game.
It is to those who do it.

SkunkWerks's Avatar


SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 02:24 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I don't see what that has to do with anything related to this thread whatsoever even ever.
This must be why you keep making threads of this nature.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Those are playing the game yeah.

Standing there buying cartel coins isn't.
Dunno why this is of much concern. It takes only a moment to buy them.