Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.3 looks pretty hot

Krewel
07.01.2013 , 09:36 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I think it was said in the last livestream interview, cantina tour or something like that, that simply too many people complained how hard LI was, and so that all new flashpoints will be on approximately the same level as the old ones (scaled to level, of course). If you want something geared for 69 with augs, try Operations.

Yes, they are split in way to artificial means, but I liked that it is shorter. If I simply want to run a quick flashpoint, I can now. But, I would not be unhappy if they were merged together.
Because we don't have short flashpoints now

Seriously, which flashpoints that we have right now are so lengthy and difficult people are deterred by them? An FP like Battle of Ilum may seem long, but everyone at this point knows how to take shortcuts, and voila!, you have a 30-min FP run.

Btw, WoW introduced "challenge modes" to 5 man dungeons, meaning a special difficulty for dungeons which are otherwise just as easy as what we have here. In these challenge modes your gear simply downgrades to a certain level, so there's always a timed-run challenge (based on the whole server) waiting. Give such a nice thing here
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

DarthTHC
07.01.2013 , 09:44 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
Seriously, which flashpoints that we have right now are so lengthy and difficult people are deterred by them? An FP like Battle of Ilum may seem long, but everyone at this point knows how to take shortcuts, and voila!, you have a 30-min FP run.
Foundry is pretty brutally long.

Sohaim
07.01.2013 , 09:49 AM | #143
I think it is the intro, completing the Operation, and debriefing.
I do agree that it would be nice, but there is always having to weight costs against probable outcome. If you spent months of developer time and QA on making NiM flashpoint, which only 10% of people would enjoy and which would not bring any new gear level like NiM Ops, it would probably be waste of said developer time and QA, which could be used on other content.
And I would suggest to stop reading those Patch Notes leaks , they are very old and simply should not be used for reference or even for claiming you were "lied to" (not saying you do that)
Those patch leaks are something to expect, things change as they did, for better or worse, in this case to me(personal opnion) for very Worse, also its not that hard to simple tune up a Fp, the mechanics are there, make they do dmg lol, and as it stands i think more poeple would play a "Nightmare" level Flashpoint then NiM operations, just based on the fact that its easier to put up a 4 men group then a 8 or 16 men, also i think one of the reason to split Titans of Industry is to also say" New Flashpoints" which is in fact just one(if you compare it to others in term of content), so far there is nothing small and fast as those "Czerka" FPs, and honestly when eric posted that two Flashpoints were coming, i dont think anyone would expect this, most people expeceted two fully fledge Flashpoints, like the ones we have now(i as knew about the Leaks, i was expecting that Imperial Warlord was coming lol, you cant imagine how sad i was when i saw what they did to Titans of Industry).

Sohaim
07.01.2013 , 09:49 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Foundry is pretty brutally long.
but thats good lol.

Machine-Elf
07.01.2013 , 10:05 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
but thats good lol.
Not really. Not for content that's designed to be constantly repeated "lol".

Aries_cz
07.01.2013 , 10:06 AM | #146
To be honest, i think they were split for one simple reason - they are designed as queue cleaners. They are role less, they are quick to run, which reduces the number of people in the queue drastically. it is a test, if people like it, the trend will continue. If not, perhaps they will go back to the old system and keep these as queue cleaners.

And yes, while the leaks provide some look into things to come, they should not be taken as 100% accurate

I do not expect Warlord to be part of 2.4, which is supposed to bring mainly PVP, and then new Ops (something with Dread Masters, probably on Oricon) so maybe a new FP will come with it with it. However, 2.5 is much more likely, so that PvP people can have at least one patch focused on them (which I would fully support, they deserve it).
If I do follow the leaks, the timing or Warlord in 2.5 (late october/early november) would seem to be appropriate. Warlord is about a renegade Imperial Moff who abandoned the Empire which started to be much more accepting of aliens, and it would happen half year after RotHC launched, which showed this acceptance of aliens much more.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Sohaim
07.01.2013 , 11:34 AM | #147
To be honest, i think they were split for one simple reason - they are designed as queue cleaners. They are role less, they are quick to run, which reduces the number of people in the queue drastically. it is a test, if people like it, the trend will continue. If not, perhaps they will go back to the old system and keep these as queue cleaners.

And yes, while the leaks provide some look into things to come, they should not be taken as 100% accurate

I do not expect Warlord to be part of 2.4, which is supposed to bring mainly PVP, and then new Ops (something with Dread Masters, probably on Oricon) so maybe a new FP will come with it with it. However, 2.5 is much more likely, so that PvP people can have at least one patch focused on them (which I would fully support, they deserve it).
If I do follow the leaks, the timing or Warlord in 2.5 (late october/early november) would seem to be appropriate. Warlord is about a renegade Imperial Moff who abandoned the Empire which started to be much more accepting of aliens, and it would happen half year after RotHC launched, which showed this acceptance of aliens much more.
but the role less is only for SM, that i have yet to see, this whole time i was talking about HM, and thats why i think it makes no sense to split it just for the "queue cleaners" because HM still needs the tank/heals/dps, plus the elite comms are only awarded for HMs, i dont think many people will run that in SM, you get better gear from crafting (purple 66s) cant say much about it though, yet to play that on SM fully(only played the second part on SM, it was stupid fast), also i was not expecting Warlord to be any soon after this lol, Off topic, i wish we would get some more leaks, its sucks to have nothing to expect beyond the Dread Masters.

DarthTHC
07.01.2013 , 11:51 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by xxjokerxxxxxxxxx View Post
on your computer stands a symbol of oppression,Where a thousand men have languished under the name of this GAME, SWTOR, who has been held up to you as the shining example of A PERFECT GAME. You have been supplied with a false FACTS to stop you from tearing down this corrupt game . Let me tell you the truth about BIO WARE, from the words of BIO-WARES police commissioner, James Gordon: “The GAME didn’t murder STARWARS. He saved my boy and took the blame for his appalling crime, so that I could to my shame build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the mad man who tried to murder my own child. While I can no longer live with my lie, it is time to trust the people of SWTOR with the truth, and it is time for me to resign.” And do you accept this man’s resignation? And do you accept the resignation of all these liars? Of all the corrupt? We take swtor from the corrupt, the rich, the oppressors of generations who kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you, the people. swtor is yours. None shall interfere, do as you please. Start by storming THE FLEET and free the oppressed. Step forward, those who would serve, for an army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened, spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The police will survive as they learn to survive true justice. This great city… it will endure. STAR WARS will survive.
What the f is this? LOL?

Reapers_Ghost
07.01.2013 , 11:53 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
What the f is this? LOL?
A troll, nothing more, nothing less
Their can only be darkness where there is no light.