Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

paowee's Avatar


paowee
06.26.2013 , 11:01 PM | #191
Hey guys I made this Google Doc presentation for the Engineering / Saboteur guide. Hopefully it's as precise and as user-friendly as I'd hope it to be.

https://docs.google.com/presentation...gee3b8a9d_0161

CJNJ, Vaidinah, BetaKiller check out the last slide
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Vaidinah's Avatar


Vaidinah
06.27.2013 , 05:38 PM | #192
It looks great and I doubt we'll ever see a guide to playing a spec so thoroughly explained again. I honestly wonder what the designer's intentions were behind this spec. I really doubt it ended up exactly as expected, but regardless, I'm glad it is in the game.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

Yngow's Avatar


Yngow
06.28.2013 , 11:01 AM | #193
I am having a hard time on this spec but I'm pretty sure that some training will fix it.
When I do my rotation without using covered escape I have energy problems, I probably am using too much the regular skills when I should be using basic attack. When I use covered escape it pretty much fixes my energy problems but I end up missing uptime on my dots
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

paowee's Avatar


paowee
06.28.2013 , 11:20 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Yngow View Post
I am having a hard time on this spec but I'm pretty sure that some training will fix it.
When I do my rotation without using covered escape I have energy problems, I probably am using too much the regular skills when I should be using basic attack. When I use covered escape it pretty much fixes my energy problems but I end up missing uptime on my dots
Hey check out the 4th slide in this googledoc presentation https://docs.google.com/presentation...gee3b8a9d_0161

You can see there that i only use the basic abilities and never run out of energy
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Yngow's Avatar


Yngow
06.28.2013 , 02:57 PM | #195
I think I got it now, its a little tricky when you include ambush but the short cd on adrenaline probe compensates
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

paowee's Avatar


paowee
07.03.2013 , 08:33 PM | #196
Posting a new record for 16m HM Titan-6... Still full underworld (72s)

3454.3 DPS http://www.torparse.com/a/322180/5/0/Overview

Also http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=656989 has really good recommendations for Engineering.. Finally a sim/math person for the sniper forums >_<
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Vaidinah's Avatar


Vaidinah
07.05.2013 , 07:53 AM | #197
Very nice parse. Once we get down the Dread Guards, I'll be doing more actual Saboteur in raids hopefully. I got my new highest parse.

Aeralos (3577 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/324356/tim...012/0/Overview
Spec: 7/36/3 Saboteur Gunslinger

My gear is completely optimized at this point with full 72s and 0 75s. I've gotten around this mark at least 3 times in the last couple days so while it's definitely still lucky, it's not too crazy. I'm running the crit adrenal and have 99.91% Accuracy and I have the same 52 crit rating you have.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

paowee's Avatar


paowee
07.05.2013 , 01:01 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
Very nice parse. Once we get down the Dread Guards, I'll be doing more actual Saboteur in raids hopefully. I got my new highest parse.

Aeralos (3577 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/324356/tim...012/0/Overview
Spec: 7/36/3 Saboteur Gunslinger

My gear is completely optimized at this point with full 72s and 0 75s. I've gotten around this mark at least 3 times in the last couple days so while it's definitely still lucky, it's not too crazy. I'm running the crit adrenal and have 99.91% Accuracy and I have the same 52 crit rating you have.
Ooh I do have a crit adrenal as well (reusable). I tried it a couple of times and didn't like the results. But if you get lucky though i assume itll be great for

Orbital - Roll - EMP - Roll. lol.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

CJNJ's Avatar


CJNJ
07.07.2013 , 07:15 PM | #199
Just curious but any of u know Iif you can roll over the red flowers on WH and still be okay?

paowee's Avatar


paowee
07.07.2013 , 07:55 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Just curious but any of u know Iif you can roll over the red flowers on WH and still be okay?
I can "slightly" recoll rolling through the red puddle to DPS the adds (note: someone was already standing there to pick up the debuff).
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records