Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fibrous Nylite Solution?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Fibrous Nylite Solution?

Renok_
01.28.2012 , 10:07 AM | #1
Hello everyone..

The question I'm going to ask right now is probably a stupid question but I would appreciate the help anyway.

I am a syntweaver, Archeologist and underworld trader..

I have noticed that now that I'm level 93 synthweaving I need something called "Fibrous Nylite Solution"..

My friend told me I could get this from archeology.. His archeology level is a lot lower then mine.. I have 165 but there is no mission that tells me where to get this material..

I heard there were vendors.. I searched torhead.com.. Couldn't find any vendors in-game..

Can anyone help me out and explain to me why he has a mission and I don't..

Thanks in advance

Eortotai
01.28.2012 , 10:11 AM | #2
You can obtain them from Crew Skill Trade Vendors. You can generally find one wherever there are crew skill trainers (including on your faction's fleet). You can also get them from Archaeology missions, but they don't pop up nearly as much as the other missions do.

EDIT: You'll find that at each new tier of crafting materials there will be a new material you need. I believe next for you is Brocart Filaments. You get each one in the same manner, the Crew Skill Trade vendor has them.
Extirpation

Sith Sorcerer
Malgane

JediGorf
01.28.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3
It's a 3rd level/3rd tier archaeology mission, I believe. It doesn't always show up... sometimes you have to do one of the other missions first. You can always buy it from a crew skill vendor.

Coltangent
04.19.2012 , 06:11 PM | #4
oh my dear swotr playing , if its a dumb question then i am a dumb Wonki wonki too lol..

this actually helped me ..

thanks guys,

once a noob always a noob, coltangent keeping it real for all noobs

scootle
04.19.2012 , 09:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediGorf View Post
It's a 3rd level/3rd tier archaeology mission, I believe. It doesn't always show up... sometimes you have to do one of the other missions first. You can always buy it from a crew skill vendor.
Incorrect.

Fibrous Nylite is a 1st tier Archaeology mission... if you don't see it listed, refresh your crew skills window by either running a quick mission or zoning (e.g. into your ship).
utinni!!!

SithPhallus
05.31.2013 , 08:35 PM | #6
You can get from archaeology crew missions, I didn't get any either till done all missions,, then do a lower tier mission (select a lower lvl mission,, lvl dropdown in mission tab) and lo and behold I can now get fibrous solutions,, hope this helps

Thundergulch
06.01.2013 , 07:20 AM | #7
dude.
Next time take a look at the date of the OP before you reply, I'm pretty sure he's figured it out after 16 months.

Aarondo
06.23.2013 , 05:26 AM | #8
I found this helpful today

Darevsool
06.25.2013 , 10:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aarondo View Post
I found this helpful today
On THAT note, for the 'tier 1' crafting supplies it's ALWAYS cheaper to buy them via the crew skills vendor than run missions for them. At 10cr each it's far better than the cost/reward of the missions.
2nd wave early access (December 13, 2011) Original CE owner
Former (final) Testing Player Senator for Star Wars Galaxies

SilverflyerMilan
10.03.2014 , 10:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
On THAT note, for the 'tier 1' crafting supplies it's ALWAYS cheaper to buy them via the crew skills vendor than run missions for them. At 10cr each it's far better than the cost/reward of the missions.

Thanks... finally after few hours wandering around aimlessly !