Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Cybertech] why does crafted purples destroy set bonus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] why does crafted purples destroy set bonus?

Ancaglon's Avatar


Ancaglon
06.20.2013 , 08:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
16 main? Less end, less crit rating, less armor rating. Good enough is not the point anyway... I should not even have to choose in a scenario where I am upgrading my gear via crafting.
Your attitude seems more likely to make you unwelcome in any Guild operations, rather than your gear...

However: you may not be aware that you can change every other component of the 5 main pieces EXCEPT the armorings without affecting the set bonus. The set bonus is only lost if you trash the existing armoring. And, you only need 4 of those pieces for the full bonus.

Thus, all you do lose is a SMALL amount of armor, main stat, and endurance. And for most classes, that IS an entirely acceptable trade-off, until such time as they can get the Arkanian 4-piece.

If, however, your expectation is that you can have the very best gear without doing Operations, you are destined to be perpetually disappointed.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
06.20.2013 , 10:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Your attitude seems more likely to make you unwelcome in any Guild operations, rather than your gear...

However: you may not be aware that you can change every other component of the 5 main pieces EXCEPT the armorings without affecting the set bonus. The set bonus is only lost if you trash the existing armoring. And, you only need 4 of those pieces for the full bonus.

Thus, all you do lose is a SMALL amount of armor, main stat, and endurance. And for most classes, that IS an entirely acceptable trade-off, until such time as they can get the Arkanian 4-piece.

If, however, your expectation is that you can have the very best gear without doing Operations, you are destined to be perpetually disappointed.

Unwelcome? No. I feel its my responsibility to show up with the best possible gear. Does this new system afford me that? No...
Now let me make a dumb *** assumption about you. So you are one of those raiders huh? Sorry friend, but if I can afford to buy/craft said item and get top level gear without setting foot in a raid, don't hate. I had DG gear and only did TFB once... See that's the problem with this whole mess. You shouldn't have to raid to get/craft endgame items. The devs said it themselves way back when.

Regardless of how minor it might seem to you, its an issue. Remove the overwrite on crafted armorings...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
06.20.2013 , 10:25 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
...

Regardless of how minor it might seem to you, its an issue. Remove the overwrite on crafted armorings...
See, I like the current set up. I think it's a good thing for the game. I also know it's a good thing for me, as I've been raiding more often, and others in my guild have been raiding more often. During 1.7 most of the people I know slowed down quite a bit on raiding, due to everything being craftable.

So I've been trying to come up with suggestions that will allow you to get what you want without reverting this change.

Tell me WHY is it an issue to you?

a) You can keep the set bonus on 61/63 armorings
b) You get get very very close to fully optimized 72s less those 4 armorings.
c) You will be able to run any HM Operation in the game with such gear easily.
d) You will be able to run most of NM TfB in that gear (I can't speak to NM DG as I haven't beat it yet)

So what's the problem? What is it that you think you can't do under the current setup?

Grayseven's Avatar


Grayseven
06.20.2013 , 08:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Unwelcome? No. I feel its my responsibility to show up with the best possible gear. Does this new system afford me that? No...
Now let me make a dumb *** assumption about you. So you are one of those raiders huh? Sorry friend, but if I can afford to buy/craft said item and get top level gear without setting foot in a raid, don't hate. I had DG gear and only did TFB once... See that's the problem with this whole mess. You shouldn't have to raid to get/craft endgame items. The devs said it themselves way back when.

Regardless of how minor it might seem to you, its an issue. Remove the overwrite on crafted armorings...
Wrong.

Top Tier gear has always required the effort of clearing top tier content. If you are truly interested in showing up "with the best possible gear" then you make the effort to do what you need to in order to have that best possible gear.

The change from the set bonuses being on the shell being moved to the armoring was done so that people were not restricted from using customized armor. In addition to that, being able to keep set bonuses from outdated content through new tiers of gear defeats the entire purpose of new tiers of content. Not one MMO I know of allows that, so why should this one be any different?

If you want set bonuses, earn them by running SM Ops until you have the gear for HM Ops and then graduate to NiM Ops. You don't need the set bonuses for SM, so you aren't missing anything.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Makillda's Avatar


Makillda
06.22.2013 , 08:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Unwelcome? No. I feel its my responsibility to show up with the best possible gear. Does this new system afford me that? No...
Actually, it does. The set bonus >>>>>> crafted anything for many classes/specs. Replacing your dread guard armorings with crafted pieces and destroying the set bonus would actually be a downgrade for nearly everyone.

Quit looking at that little 63 and thinking any 69/72 is better because, in most cases, it simply isn't true.

WooliestWorm's Avatar


WooliestWorm
06.22.2013 , 04:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Unwelcome? No. I feel its my responsibility to show up with the best possible gear. Does this new system afford me that? No...
Now let me make a dumb *** assumption about you. So you are one of those raiders huh? Sorry friend, but if I can afford to buy/craft said item and get top level gear without setting foot in a raid, don't hate. I had DG gear and only did TFB once... See that's the problem with this whole mess. You shouldn't have to raid to get/craft endgame items. The devs said it themselves way back when.

Regardless of how minor it might seem to you, its an issue. Remove the overwrite on crafted armorings...
I really don't get it, you say you need to turn up to a raid in the best gear possible then tell us you don't want to have to raid for gear? What are you trying to do, enter an op for the first time in nightmare mode? That's just stupid, going to an op of that level not only is it your responsibility to have the necessary gear but it's also your responsibility to have the experience to handle it in that level of op. And if that's not what you're trying to do what's the problem?
As has been said 4 armourings at Dread Guard level with set bonuses is perfectly viable for any hard mode op. And why shouldn't obtaining the best gear in the game require you to do the hardest content in the game?

KostonxEld's Avatar


KostonxEld
06.27.2013 , 06:00 AM | #27
It's simple, they don't want you to get the best gear in the game from dailys/comms anymore!

You can get 2 tiers down (3now) from bis crafting mods. I personally chose to take the set bonus hit and use only 2pc set bonus from the old gear till I got the new arakanian 2pc. Then wiped the old set bonus from my gear.

I raid, now I'm in full 4pc set bonus. Easy!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
06.27.2013 , 08:40 AM | #28
If you don't raid, why do you need raid gear?
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant