why does crafted purples destroy set bonus?

L-RANDLE

Unwelcome? No. I feel its my responsibility to show up with the best possible gear. Does this new system afford me that? No...

Now let me make a dumb *** assumption about you. So you are one of those raiders huh? Sorry friend, but if I can afford to buy/craft said item and get top level gear without setting foot in a raid, don't hate. I had DG gear and only did TFB once... See that's the problem with this whole mess. You shouldn't have to raid to get/craft endgame items. The devs said it themselves way back when.

Regardless of how minor it might seem to you, its an issue. Remove the overwrite on crafted armorings...

I really don't get it, you say you need to turn up to a raid in the best gear possible then tell us you don't want to have to raid for gear? What are you trying to do, enter an op for the first time in nightmare mode? That's just stupid, going to an op of that level not only is it your responsibility to have the necessary gear but it's also your responsibility to have the experience to handle it in that level of op. And if that's not what you're trying to do what's the problem?

As has been said 4 armourings at Dread Guard level with set bonuses is perfectly viable for any hard mode op. And why shouldn't obtaining the best gear in the game require you to do the hardest content in the game?

It's simple, they don't want you to get the best gear in the game from dailys/comms anymore!

You can get 2 tiers down (3now) from bis crafting mods. I personally chose to take the set bonus hit and use only 2pc set bonus from the old gear till I got the new arakanian 2pc. Then wiped the old set bonus from my gear.

I raid, now I'm in full 4pc set bonus. Easy!