Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

Knopik
06.20.2013 , 11:12 PM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
very nice

but how on earth does one get to 38,96 attacks per minute? I cant do 34 with my Commando and i'm definitely stacking attacks and keep my instants on cd.
Very frustrating....
I think our offhand hits from rapid shots and unloads count. I rapid shot a LOT....and I try to follow the "ABC (always be casting copyright by odawgg (?) ) rule, lol.

odawgg
06.21.2013 , 12:16 AM | #382
I often wondered how you got so many APMs as well but I think I figured that out now. Offhand and unloads don't factor into APMs it's solely how many abilities you activate. But you don't DFA so that's one more APM right there, and*if you do ABC that's one more than me as well. Cuz when I'm going through my cycle RAIL/HSM always are. 2s away from coming off cd and I will always wait instead of using another filler. It's my own personal exception to ABC and I don't actually know if it results in higher or lower dps. Assuming you don't wait that still leaves an additional APM that I think comes from you doing the double TM cast>step out of it when fishing for barrages instead of the unload queue>tap TM technique. The double TM technique might have less delay I'm not sure, I'm just guessing your barrage proc fishing method results in an extra APM. It's the only other place I have any delays.

Edit: or maybe your secretly stacking alacrity lol

Knopik
06.21.2013 , 12:50 AM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
I often wondered how you got so many APMs as well but I think I figured that out now. Offhand and unloads don't factor into APMs it's solely how many abilities you activate. But you don't DFA so that's one more APM right there, and*if you do ABC that's one more than me as well. Cuz when I'm going through my cycle RAIL/HSM always are. 2s away from coming off cd and I will always wait instead of using another filler. It's my own personal exception to ABC and I don't actually know if it results in higher or lower dps. Assuming you don't wait that still leaves an additional APM that I think comes from you doing the double TM cast>step out of it when fishing for barrages instead of the unload queue>tap TM technique. The double TM technique might have less delay I'm not sure, I'm just guessing your barrage proc fishing method results in an extra APM. It's the only other place I have any delays.

Edit: or maybe your secretly stacking alacrity lol
No Alacrity sir.
I think what it is, is when I see HSM as 2 seconds and i'm about to activate an ability, I sometimes activate another one right after as HSM is coming off cooldown, like you said, you wait those .5 seconds.
Those .5 seconds comes from the alacrity talents we have.
HSM is 15sec CD, TM becomes .1 second faster in cast time, so does unload, and alacrity affects the GCD, so if you're always casting, you're buying yourself ~.1 seconds...idk, I think that's it.
But like you said, you wait, and I sometimes don't. Idk what it is x.x I just pewpew lol

odawgg
06.21.2013 , 01:18 AM | #384
Edit: nevermind read next post

odawgg
06.21.2013 , 01:26 AM | #385
Alas! I figured it out. It wasn't latency, we both have similar lag. Because you cancel out of TM into Unload when you gain barrage, it counts as an ability activated even though you never use it. Now I can sleep at night

LongHornTx
06.21.2013 , 07:45 AM | #386
Elitran - Guardian - Vigilance 4/36/6 - 2869

No adrenals, Arkanian Dark Radiance / Partisan S.A. relics.

paowee
06.22.2013 , 12:51 AM | #388
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

odawgg
06.22.2013 , 02:38 AM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Knopik View Post
I'll keep trying my luck at RNG to break 3k, but seeing as I casted 23 (and at other times anywhere from 11-19) tracers last night without an unload proc, I doubt RNG is on my side (hehe)
http://www.torparse.com/a/302426/1/0/Damage+Dealt
Well it is repeatable hehe...gotta love 43% HSM crit and 45% rail shot crit! I'm wearing base crit of 26.6% btw

Edit: those guys above ^ are what i gotta go up against every week lol...nice parses b'oarder and roov

paowee
06.22.2013 , 02:48 AM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
http://www.torparse.com/a/302426/1/0/Damage+Dealt
Well it is repeatable hehe...gotta love 43% HSM crit and 45% rail shot crit! I'm wearing base crit of 26.6% btw

Edit: those guys above ^ are what i gotta go up against every week lol...nice parses b'oarder and roov
lol you mean you and roovin.

These dummy parses are worth crap until you can practice em in a raid.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records