Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

adam_wan
06.17.2013 , 08:09 PM | #321
This thread is awesome. I dont think id be able to stop laughing if somebody asked me to stop healing them because they dont like the green stuff on their clothes. Anyway, on to my stories:

Lost island HM. I queued with my fresh 50 gunslinger with a few columni/rakata pieces i had transferred from my sage. First thing I am told by the tank is that I dont have good enough gear to complete the fp. I assure him that I have run it plenty of times and as long as he does his job, we should be fine. He tells me various times that my gear is not good enough while we are speedering past all the trash to the first boss. We pull, and within ten seconds the tank is dead from standing in the yellow spit. I ask him *** and he replies "i forgot to repair my gear." Right. He initiates a vote to kick me, then doesnt respond as i ask him how it was my fault he wiped the group.

Lost island HM again, this time im healing We get passed the droid despite sloppy play (nobody wanted to interrupt incinerate coupled with poor lightning placement). It was clear this group didnt exactly know the fights, so i explained how to kill savrak. When savrak prepared to do his smash, both of the dps were not stacking on the boss so i quicly typed "STACK!!". When the dps got launched off the platform, we /stucked and retried. Again i explained the fight but this time, one of the dps was slow to stack and the other still completely unaware. I typed "F*CKING STACK" just before watching the dps go flying off the platform. When we wiped yet again, a vote kick was initiated to boot...me!? Wth? The reason: too much talking, not enough healing. Man....

Nkya
06.17.2013 , 09:53 PM | #322
I met a DPS you don't want to meet, a powertech in Mandalorian Raider. Lightly geared (almost half my health), often fight from distance but randomly taunt or harpoon the mob from the tank. Jump on the CC marked mob even before the fight starts. I spent half of my effort to keep him alive and stopped once in hope he get the message, but no luck. At some point we get some cunning gear, I'm asking him why he needs it, no answer.

First boss, I'm explaining the tactic, telling the boss and the dogs have to be kept apart he sent a comments such as "I take the boss", I reexplain with more details. We manage to kill them all, not without I spend significant time to heal myself. A Willpower gear drops, and our commando DPS Need it and won it over the Assassin. I'm asking why. No answer. I'm starting to argue (why does a commando needs Cunning and Willpower gears) while they're already running in the next room killing things without waiting for me. Seeing they'll not have anymore healing without an answer, he finally said "for my companion" sure... at level 25 companions needs such various statistics. The other DPS starts apparently to side with him when I crash. The ending was explained to me by the tank; both the DPS vote kicked me while I was disconnected and he lefts them. Good luck to them for finding a tank and an healer babysitting them for free. I requeued with the tank and got a much better group in the minute, it's not that hard.

ToMyMa
06.19.2013 , 04:36 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
I met a DPS you don't want to meet, a powertech in Mandalorian Raider. Lightly geared (almost half my health), often fight from distance but randomly taunt or harpoon the mob from the tank. Jump on the CC marked mob even before the fight starts. I spent half of my effort to keep him alive and stopped once in hope he get the message, but no luck. At some point we get some cunning gear, I'm asking him why he needs it, no answer.

First boss, I'm explaining the tactic, telling the boss and the dogs have to be kept apart he sent a comments such as "I take the boss", I reexplain with more details. We manage to kill them all, not without I spend significant time to heal myself. A Willpower gear drops, and our commando DPS Need it and won it over the Assassin. I'm asking why. No answer. I'm starting to argue (why does a commando needs Cunning and Willpower gears) while they're already running in the next room killing things without waiting for me. Seeing they'll not have anymore healing without an answer, he finally said "for my companion" sure... at level 25 companions needs such various statistics. The other DPS starts apparently to side with him when I crash. The ending was explained to me by the tank; both the DPS vote kicked me while I was disconnected and he lefts them. Good luck to them for finding a tank and an healer babysitting them for free. I requeued with the tank and got a much better group in the minute, it's not that hard.
Well, a commandoes companions only use aim...
Tanvir
Top 3 Commando Season 5
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

AlrikFassbauer
06.19.2013 , 04:56 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Well, a commandoes companions only use aim...
Which is a shame, imho. I REALLY had hoped for diversity within that ... groups of companions !
I had expected something like ... Wraith Squadron. Or even Rogue Squadron.
But no, aim for all of them ... how boring ...
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

Jeweledleah
06.19.2013 , 11:39 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Which is a shame, imho. I REALLY had hoped for diversity within that ... groups of companions !
I had expected something like ... Wraith Squadron. Or even Rogue Squadron.
But no, aim for all of them ... how boring ...
eh, I personally actually like that, because it means i can give them my castoffs :P makes them easier to gear.

Seireeni
06.19.2013 , 02:09 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
eh, I personally actually like that, because it means i can give them my castoffs :P makes them easier to gear.
I also like this. I actually have a nice set of dps gear that I use on all my companions on my commando (yes, inclueding the tanks, with dps stance and dps gear they kill stuff faster).
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

NobleSpec
06.20.2013 , 03:53 PM | #327
Just a normal fp que...got a group...
Then the commando...in Lvl 44 gear...in a Lvl 55 flashpoint..hard mode...started giving us role playing orders like " watch my flank" " keep me covered" and "Jedi get on my nerves"
Funniest part though was on first boss of Hammer Station, the guy dies due to the explosion probes...we eventually kill the boss (over-geared)...after that he stated that he wouldn't let the Jedi lead him anymore and said he would be the tank...and the guy starts trying to tank the rest of the mobs...I taunt them to not allow him to die but he dies again...then he blames me for his death again and leaves...lol, that's when I saw my first Commando Tank!!

amcdoog
06.20.2013 , 09:07 PM | #328
Awesome thread! I thought I might share my group finder experience today.

I join the queue as my 27 sorc healer and get put into a mandalorian raiders group with a level 30 sniper, level 30 merc (both of whom are well geared) and an assassin who is supposed to be our tank. The assassin walks in with lightning charge active and with the force regeneration in stealth buff up (the name escapes me ). Seeing this, I ask him to switch on tank stance, to which I get no reply. He stands in front of the first pull for about 5 minutes before saying scavenge droid and then continuing to wait. He finally pulls and all the mobs except for the normal he is attacking go wild and hit random group members. We proceed with pulls like this for a while, we even mark cc, which we explain and he breaks without hesitation, until we arrive at the first boss, to which he tries to sap and knockback. I end up kiting the boss while the assassin deliberately focuses on his dog that he is attacking, and miraculously, we survive.

The other group members are beginning to get fed up at this point, as we have pull after pull of broken cc and no aggro. The assassin even gets knocked off the bridge at the top and sits on the bottom for 5 minutes until our merc had to jump down and show him the way back up. We mark ccs on the boarding party, which, to nobody's surprise, the assassin breaks, leaving the knight and consular focusing on me. After this we stop progress and ask this guy what is going on (we tried many times before but no answer) he says that his role here is dps.....even though his icon specifically has the blue shield which means tank. We try to explain this to him, and tell him to look at the icon below his portrait, to which he says "That is one of my skills." Face palm moment. We proceed through more of the FP and encounter the dialogue, to which the assassin continues ahead and pulls a group while we are in the conversation ring. The assassin, throughout the run, had been using the /angry emote for whatever reason. At the final boss the assassin goes into stealth and tries to sap and knockback the boss repeatedly. As the fight continues, we make it clear to attack turrets first, to which he attacks the boss first. We somehow finish without a single wipe.

Seireeni
06.21.2013 , 04:38 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by amcdoog View Post
Awesome thread! I thought I might share my group finder experience today.

---
We mark ccs on the boarding party, which, to nobody's surprise, the assassin breaks, leaving the knight and consular focusing on me.

---
If you did it today, and not before 2.0, the assassin didn't break cc in this fight. These bosses can't be cced anymore. Your cc just failed because the bosses were immune.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Atramar
06.21.2013 , 05:14 AM | #330
met healer on Athiss who refused to cleanse, as 'it won't work and healing is cheaper for my force',
a DPS Jugg who kept taunting mobs off my tank (I only mentioned it once to them, as it was 2 dps + healer premade from one guild, so I didn't care much, not my problem (just healers) as long as we live and I don't have to repair)
met a tank who insisted I cut my DPS in half since he can't keep threat and he preffers to keep taunts and aoe attacks for special groups..
pair of dps who thought 'cc' and markings means 'kill first, and don't mind weaker mobs getting their way with your healer'
and my favorite, EV SM, 5 people claimed to be in hardcore raiding groups, but:
-had no idea how to do pylons (we agreed on 'all left and hit when match', and after I pushed left, next guy (I was stunned) pushed right)
-wanted to kill council in pairs (to make it quicker)
-died 2 times on first part of soa
-died 2 times jumping down to phase 2 of soa
-were running away from their balls THRO every one else
-took express path to lowest pit of SOA and (4 of them) asked to be revived.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013