Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please Don't Nerf NiM TFB

Bought_by_Blood
06.20.2013 , 01:37 PM | #1
I don't frequent the forums very often so I will keep this brief. I know there is a lot of outcry for nerfs to some encounters in TFB Nightmare, specifically the Dread Guard and I would like to say that there are people out there who actually enjoy challenging themselves and do not want to see this fight reduced in difficulty just to satisfy peoples need for instant gratification.

Personally I enjoy working at a fight and perfecting it, agonizing over it, until that moment when you finally break through and defeat it and can have a sense of accomplishment, rather than cruising through it on the first day that you attempted it.

As a member of a guild that is not quite on the cutting edge of progression raiding it would be a shame to see this fight nerfed before having a chance to seriously test ourselves against it. It is already sad that the first fight of the instance was nerfed by reducing the health of the Jealous Male. This has made the fight go from moderately challenging to trivial and it is a shame to see.

This is NIGHTMARE content, the hardest content in the game. If it takes a month before people clear it then I think that is a good benchmark. If it takes six weeks then all the better. A week per boss seems like a completely acceptable amount of time to hone your skills on an encounter. To figure out ways and strategies to be better, to push the limits of what people thought was possible.

So Bioware, please don't nerf NiM TFB, there are players out here who still enjoy being challenged. To those that are hoping that Bioware will nerf it, trust me, it will feel a lot more satisfying when you actually do get it down if you had to work for it, than if you had walked out of there on the same day you entered with a shiny new piece of gear.

Thanks.
You are a warrior. I am a killer. Unleash me on your enemies; but see my example, so that you never become like me. To walk anothers path is to walk a false path.
Nephilhim

khak
06.20.2013 , 01:48 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bought_by_Blood View Post
I don't frequent the forums very often so I will keep this brief. I know there is a lot of outcry for nerfs to some encounters in TFB Nightmare, specifically the Dread Guard and I would like to say that there are people out there who actually enjoy challenging themselves and do not want to see this fight reduced in difficulty just to satisfy peoples need for instant gratification.

Personally I enjoy working at a fight and perfecting it, agonizing over it, until that moment when you finally break through and defeat it and can have a sense of accomplishment, rather than cruising through it on the first day that you attempted it.

As a member of a guild that is not quite on the cutting edge of progression raiding it would be a shame to see this fight nerfed before having a chance to seriously test ourselves against it. It is already sad that the first fight of the instance was nerfed by reducing the health of the Jealous Male. This has made the fight go from moderately challenging to trivial and it is a shame to see.

This is NIGHTMARE content, the hardest content in the game. If it takes a month before people clear it then I think that is a good benchmark. If it takes six weeks then all the better. A week per boss seems like a completely acceptable amount of time to hone your skills on an encounter. To figure out ways and strategies to be better, to push the limits of what people thought was possible.

So Bioware, please don't nerf NiM TFB, there are players out here who still enjoy being challenged. To those that are hoping that Bioware will nerf it, trust me, it will feel a lot more satisfying when you actually do get it down if you had to work for it, than if you had walked out of there on the same day you entered with a shiny new piece of gear.

Thanks.
um man there are several threads already in this exact section discussing this issue not that I disagree, mean to bash, etc.

Bought_by_Blood
06.20.2013 , 02:05 PM | #3
I see multiple threads calling for nerfs, hadn't seen one asking for more time. Apologies if people have already brought it up at length
You are a warrior. I am a killer. Unleash me on your enemies; but see my example, so that you never become like me. To walk anothers path is to walk a false path.
Nephilhim