Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bane vs vader who would win?

Rhyltran
12.21.2011 , 02:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
I don't know why Sidious would want such a power. But then again, records say he tried to achieve such power and failed. So he must have had a reason to want it. And its not like he never saved anyone, He saved just about everyone of his apprentices except for Dooku/Tyrannus.
And where does it say Vader had Sith Artifacts in his gloves and Sidious teaching him to make Sith Artifacts? I wasn't claiming Plageuis could defeat Sid, I was claiming that I think Plageuis had more knowledge of the Dark Side more than Sid. Sidious could destroy Plaeguis and other Sith with ease. In his return he nearly killed Luke and Leia, one of them being the most powerful Mortal and the other being nearly as strong.
I can't recall the exact source for Vader's Sith artifacts. So I will render it mute. Still, knowing one more thing than someone else doesn't make you more knowledgeable. Especially considering we don't know how good Plagueis was at it. Sith had powers that Plagueis didn't. The force wormhole wasn't a point to show Sidious power. It's a power plagueis didn't have. He learned the most powerful force technique in Star Wars history. Wise doesn't mean all knowing. Wise can be patient, more thought out, Plagueis may have been more careful and less arrogant than Sidious.

Ferkles
12.21.2011 , 02:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Damarog View Post
Yet Obi-wan owned Vader so raw numbers don't count for much.
He didn't win through power. He won through experience and tactics. In Ep III, he says to Vader, "I have the high ground, don't try it". Vader, over confident in his abilities tries to leap over Obi-Wan anyway, and gets sliced up for his efforts.

Nothing in that scenario was down to Obi-Wan being more powerful. Merely more tactful.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~

Damarog
12.21.2011 , 03:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferkles View Post
He didn't win through power. He won through experience and tactics. In Ep III, he says to Vader, "I have the high ground, don't try it". Vader, over confident in his abilities tries to leap over Obi-Wan anyway, and gets sliced up for his efforts.

Nothing in that scenario was down to Obi-Wan being more powerful. Merely more tactful.
Yeah that was kind of the point I was getting at. People were basing this Vader vs thing on his raw power for a few posts.
I loved Episode 1 and Qui Gon is the best Jedi ever.

kraidy
12.21.2011 , 03:49 PM | #24
It would be one heck of a match, but I think Bane would win because Vader is more machine then man and can't do alot of force techniques that Bane can do, not to mention Bane would be more faster because of that. I think it would be an even fight tbh with Bane wining by a fluke. Now I would love to see this fight...

Cankiie
12.21.2011 , 08:35 PM | #25
Quote:
Sidious lightning is even stronger if it killed Vader
The lightning did not directly kill Vader.

The Lightning destroyed what was keeping Vader alive, and thus Vader was killed as his suit malfunctionated.

Noobologist
12.21.2011 , 09:07 PM | #26
Boring... now Vader vs Chuck Norris... now i'm interested
Chuck Norris once won a game of connect four... IN 3 MOVES!

Rhyltran
12.21.2011 , 09:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cankiie View Post
The lightning did not directly kill Vader.

The Lightning destroyed what was keeping Vader alive, and thus Vader was killed as his suit malfunctionated.

Yet for his lightning to do that it's more powerful than any Sith Lightning we've ever seen.

CapuchinSeven
12.21.2011 , 09:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferkles View Post

Yeah, it was down to bad writing.
I know chop-knees.

Rhyltran
12.21.2011 , 09:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CapuchinSeven View Post
Yeah, it was down to bad writing.
There's bad writing in the prequels but I don't think that was one of them. Franky trying to flip over your opponent's head is suicidal.

Disastersaurus
12.21.2011 , 10:01 PM | #30
I dunno my money's on Bane I mean he did break Batman's spine