Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bad luck with playing Sith Inquisitor...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bad luck with playing Sith Inquisitor...

swtonewbie
06.14.2013 , 04:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RocketeerRaccoon View Post
Well since I'm getting lots of comments saying I should stick to Sith Inquisitor, then I guess I'll do just that instead of Bounty Hunter, sure they have flamethrowers and rockets but it's not quite as exciting as being a Sith Lord with lightsaber in hand and fries people with lightning.

I'm glad of the comments about the two said missions I've been having most problems with and for the record I just played the game with normal gear you get from missions so I never bought any gear or medpacks. So I must "Do. Or do not. There is no try"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4yd2W50No
You start out with 1 or 2 medpacks that heal for like 325 or something like that max. But as you level you get some from quest rewards that heal for 425 max. I dont remember if there is a higher level one that you can purchase from the med droid, but those ones you get from rewards should be good enough. If you haven't succeeded already just remember DO NOT use Shock. I cannot emphasize this point enough...if you use it you will quickly empty your resource bar leaving you with nothing but the basic attack which is very very weak.

If you do decide to go with the Assassin AC just keep the same thing in mind...manage your resource. Look at your talents, especially if you go with the middle AC tree. There are talents in there that reduce the cost of shock by 50%, and increase your force regen for several seconds after leaving stealth. I think even some that reduce the cost of Maul, which you dont get until level 10 when you choose assassin, but it is a backstab type ability that has a pretty high resource cost.
I'm not really a noob...

RocketeerRaccoon
06.14.2013 , 05:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by swtonewbie View Post
You start out with 1 or 2 medpacks that heal for like 325 or something like that max. But as you level you get some from quest rewards that heal for 425 max. I dont remember if there is a higher level one that you can purchase from the med droid, but those ones you get from rewards should be good enough. If you haven't succeeded already just remember DO NOT use Shock. I cannot emphasize this point enough...if you use it you will quickly empty your resource bar leaving you with nothing but the basic attack which is very very weak.

If you do decide to go with the Assassin AC just keep the same thing in mind...manage your resource. Look at your talents, especially if you go with the middle AC tree. There are talents in there that reduce the cost of shock by 50%, and increase your force regen for several seconds after leaving stealth. I think even some that reduce the cost of Maul, which you dont get until level 10 when you choose assassin, but it is a backstab type ability that has a pretty high resource cost.
I'm going as Sorcerer, I just prefer firing down at people from far away.

Heathenblood
06.15.2013 , 10:12 AM | #13
Yeah try not to use shock as an iquisitor or an assassin. Unless you pick darkness(tank) build for assassin then you'd be using shock more because you have crazy fast force regen, shocks force cost is reduced by 30% I believe. Also shock gets procd by thrash maul and assassinate and you get energize which crits it and if it consumes recklessness it's crits do 50% more damage. Plus there is harness darkness which wither and shock proc but before you get wither you'd be spamming Shock off cd for it. But this tree is the only one for assassin that almost revolves around shock. But it sound like you want to be a sorc. So that won't apply to you. I can't really help with dps sorc because (where as I have a sage which is the same play style) it has been a healer since I created it. But if you make it a healer I'd be glad to help.
-Heathenblood

Zeppelin
06.18.2013 , 10:39 AM | #14
If you want ranged combat, go Sniper!
Size matters not!

The first rule about Jar Jar is we don't talk about Jar Jar.