Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Class/Story Idea

sir_star_wars
05.04.2013 , 07:56 AM | #1
So, I have put a lot of thought into a potential new story, as I'm sure many others have. As of late last night, I think I finally found something that might work, and also even bring an entirely new species into aspect! So basically I was thinking that instead of adding in Classes that had A starting planet, then Dromund for Imps, or Coruscant for Pubs, proceeding with Taris/Balmorra, etc, you could have a class have its completely own set of planets, ALL the way up to 50- but somewhere along those lines, you choose to align with either the Republic or the Empire.

Example: You are a Mon Calimari. Your home planet is in a civil war- with one half trying to align with the Empire, and the other with the Republic. You attempt to maintain a diplomatic relation between the two sides, but by the time you hit level 10, you simply cant anymore, and you're forced to take a side.

Well, what do you guys think?
You're wrong, stupid OPs. This game is amazing, it just needs work.

mikeskirata
06.14.2013 , 09:58 AM | #2
that would be cool

Kitru
06.14.2013 , 10:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by sir_star_wars View Post
you could have a class have its completely own set of planets
That's just not gonna happen. The devs have already stated that they're unlikely to ever add new classes because, in their own words, each class in TOR is like its own independent game (not something I entirely agree with since it's not like they have to create entirely new animations or side quests or planets, etc.; it's less than creating a full game on its own but more than other games, I'll admit, but I don't think it's nearly as much work as they might claim since there's a fair bit of ground work laid out already). What *you're* recommending here, however, would entirely follow suit with their description: you're asking for an entire suite of new planets, with new main quests, new side quests, and everything else that goes with it.

I'm also not entirely sure I find the idea all that interesting. Why would this class follow quests on an entirely separate line of planets, especially since the planets you visit over the course of the story are generally ones that are most important to the war (Balmorra, Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, Coruscant/Dromund Kaas) or simply iconic to the genre (Tatootine, Hoth, Korriban). Having a completely separate line of planets just for one class would require a lot of justification, not to mention that it's a *lot* of development that doesn't benefit the existing classes at all/appreciably, depending upon implementation (their class stories still follow the same planetary progression so, at best, if the other classes could even *get* the quests on these planets, they would only be the planetary quest and/or the sidequests, which would take some impressive justification as to why the Reps and Imps are following the same story as a pseudo-neutral faction). It's a lot of arbitrary justification just to say "lots of new planets!" without really explaining why exactly the story would *need* a bunch of new planets.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.