Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Female Single Blaster Pistol users

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Female Single Blaster Pistol users
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

beattlebilly
06.14.2013 , 06:47 AM | #1
Since patch 2.2, have you noticed a gait change when running with your blaster out? Yea, my Scoundrel and PT look like they need to pee really, really badly with the way they run, it's like the non-sprint run just sped up. WTH happened?
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

Beesodd
06.14.2013 , 06:54 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hmm, I just tried to test it and it worked as it should, with the proper sprint animation. Can I check which body types the affected Scoundrel and PT are?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

beattlebilly
06.14.2013 , 07:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hmm, I just tried to test it and it worked as it should, with the proper sprint animation. Can I check which body types the affected Scoundrel and PT are?
Body Type 4.

beattlebilly
06.14.2013 , 07:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Body Type 4.
I just played around a bit with character creation, made the other three body types. With body type 1 and 3, it's not noticeable. But with body types 2 and 4, the body types with the fuller lower bodies, the sprint animation is goofed when running with a single blaster pistol drawn.

Beesodd
06.14.2013 , 07:16 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks. Checking here, my body 4 test char sprinted properly, which makes me think it may be something local.

Please try clearing your cache and running the repair function.

For the former, close the game and navigate to the main folder, then the swtor folder. In there, find and delete the DiskCacheArena file. Then start the launcher and log in, but don't click Play. Click the cog icon and you will find the option to run the repair function. Run this and then check if the animation's working as it should.

beattlebilly
06.14.2013 , 07:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks. Checking here, my body 4 test char sprinted properly, which makes me think it may be something local.

Please try clearing your cache and running the repair function.

For the former, close the game and navigate to the main folder, then the swtor folder. In there, find and delete the DiskCacheArena file. Then start the launcher and log in, but don't click Play. Click the cog icon and you will find the option to run the repair function. Run this and then check if the animation's working as it should.
Ah well, doesn't seem to have worked. Thanks for the quick response though

Asidius
06.16.2013 , 03:10 PM | #7
Just wanted to add to this that my female scoundrel, body type 4 also has the weird running animation since the last patch. When she use to run with the pistol out it was flared out a little bit, now she runs like she, as the other poster sad has to pee really, really bad and the arms seem, i don't know ...just strange. Just to clarify it's only when she's sprinting with the pistol out, otherwise it's normal.

I've reset my UI, clicked sprint off and back on, cleared the cache and run the repair and no fix, Please look into this again.

Jayshames
06.16.2013 , 03:36 PM | #8
finally someone who realises this.. I made a Scoundrel not too long ago, got it to level 14 and I had to delete it. The run animation looked horrible. It only happens after certain abilities (not sure which ones) but you lend up doing a really, really weird run animation. it's like the normal run animation cut in half and it just keeps repeating over and over, so you're taking tiny steps but still running same speed. Just looks plain awful.

PS; My female was body 2.
SCOTLAND

Himeji_Endless
06.16.2013 , 10:26 PM | #9
Yep same here

Female Scoundrel - body type 1 ... runs fine w/ no weapon out.

W/ blaster out, she wobbles from side to side as she runs *fawk game just crashed f-u bw* ... ya idk how you can't see it, its pretty irritating.

Same thing w/ my cathar body type 1 sentinal ... normal running w/o weapons ... w/ dbl sabers out, shes got SUPER bowed legs ... pathetic.

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

Beesodd
06.19.2013 , 10:13 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Does 2 days count as a necro?

Anyway, we have an update on single blaster animation issues over at the BR forums, that you might be interested in.

I couldn't see it when I tested, but clearly there's an issue here:http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...34#edit6450834

Be sure to add any extra information that you may have to this thread.