Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Levling a Sith Juggernaught

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Levling a Sith Juggernaught

Adwynyth
06.02.2013 , 07:34 PM | #11
I'll offer a differing perspective.

On my Juggies, I usually stay Immortal all the way and go all tank gear (as much as possible). I use Vette and Jaesa all the way up and keep them geared at least as well as I am.

I keep aggro on everything and Vette/Jaesa absolutely rips the sh*t out of everything. Tends to go very quickly and very smoothly, and I have to do very little Channeling between groups, if any. Maybe every few groups I have to do a little.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

RJMazz
06.02.2013 , 08:01 PM | #12
You as an Immortal + Quinn. Slow, but steady. No biggie.

Qaoz
06.03.2013 , 05:24 AM | #13
For those who level as Immortal with Quinn, do yourself a favor and turn off his Med Scan and Carbonized Stream (the only two abilities that have cast times). Now put Quinn in his Officer's Instinct stance instead of Med Watch.

You now have a pseudo-DPS companion with instant cast heals. His healing won't be as effective as with Med Scan and Med Watch enabled, but as an Immortal Juggernaut you really don't need the extra healing. With Officer's Instinct enabled, Quinn will pump out Charged Shots (instant) like it's going out of style, which is much more useful due to Immortal's somewhat limited damage output.

This is how I roll with healing companions on all my characters. The lack of the 2-second medium size heal is made up for by the increase in damage output.

An added bonus of turning off Med Scan is that Quinn won't constantly try to cast it whenever you stand still for more than a second only to be interrupted when you move out of range. All healing is done on the go.
If only I'd hit spacebar more often...

Xeperi
06.04.2013 , 11:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
I'll offer a differing perspective.

On my Juggies, I usually stay Immortal all the way and go all tank gear (as much as possible). I use Vette and Jaesa all the way up and keep them geared at least as well as I am.

I keep aggro on everything and Vette/Jaesa absolutely rips the sh*t out of everything. Tends to go very quickly and very smoothly, and I have to do very little Channeling between groups, if any. Maybe every few groups I have to do a little.
This,, yes. Immo spec doesn't even do bad damage. I have different rotations for what I want to accomplish at a given time. Can go super-tank and be about invincible, or go dps(ish) and still be really tanky and dish out some dps. All in the same spec, depending on rotation.

Elyx
06.04.2013 , 02:03 PM | #15
Immortal is a great spec now. Is it top DPS? no, but it's flexible enough that you can back it up with a solid DPS comp and not feel to behind the curve....or go full tankish and feel invincible. I still prefer Vengeance for my spec of choice, but both Rage and Immortal are viable enough that it boils down to personal preference.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?