Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Gear in PWE Gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP Gear in PWE Gear

merovejec
05.18.2013 , 01:26 AM | #1
Hey all,

I also have a noob question, but I rather ask directly.

So technically, regarding PVP its just about the modifications right? So if available I can input the modifications into my Cartel Market armor and be equiped for PVP right?? The thing is that I have found PVP modifications on the Galactic Market and I could just purchase all using credits!!

Is this possible??

Hiltingp
05.18.2013 , 01:27 AM | #2
u can buy **** mods from gtn prolly, thats about it
With the Force comes the great Destiny!

merovejec
05.27.2013 , 10:42 AM | #3
Yeah, I just got to lvl 55, so I am starting to get the PVP gear, but the funny thing is that I get killed like instantly in PVP. Also when hitting players, they do not even care that I am there since I do minimal damage to them.

Is there really such a difference?? So how can I get PVP gear if I get like 50 commendations per warzone??

Kirtastropohe
05.27.2013 , 10:49 AM | #4
What? there's a gear disperity? I thought the wondrous bolster would make everything perfect for everyone and no one would have an advantage over another...

Seriously, you have to prepare for 55 long before 55. You should have max ranked wz comms as well as max reg wz comms. As you use some of the regular wz comms on partisan gear, you can turn in the ranked wz comms for regular wz comms and buy more pieces.

L-RANDLE
05.27.2013 , 11:06 AM | #5
If you are new to PVP, you can't wear pve items over level 66, otherwise the DR on bolster is way too high. So while you will not be quite as effective as a Part/Conq player, your goal should be to wear purples level 65 or less. Right now, level 63 armor/mods/enh and purple 53 implants/ear are the way to go if you don't have new PVP pieces.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

teclado
05.27.2013 , 11:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
So technically, regarding PVP its just about the modifications right? So if available I can input the modifications into my Cartel Market armor and be equiped for PVP right?? The thing is that I have found PVP modifications on the Galactic Market and I could just purchase all using credits!!
No, you don't want to do that. With bolster, if a piece of gear (e.g. headslot) has ANY expertise associated with it, that slot will not get bolstered. So if you are going to wear something with expertise on it, it had better be partisan or conqueror, otherwise your stats are going to be awful. The max expertise that you can have is 2018. I have had the misfortune of seeing some poor dudes wearing their old war hero gear in warzones - the bolster system looks at that and says "oh, you have some expertise there so I won't boost those stats." This results in them having around 1400 expertise, while they would have had around 2000 if they wore PVE gear.

EDIT: see corrections to my falsehoods below...
90% of the people don't care about your problems. The other 10% are glad you have them.

The Harbinger

Toraak
05.27.2013 , 11:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
No, you don't want to do that. With bolster, if a piece of gear (e.g. headslot) has ANY expertise associated with it, that slot will not get bolstered. So if you are going to wear something with expertise on it, it had better be partisan or conqueror, otherwise your stats are going to be awful. The max expertise that you can have is 2018. I have had the misfortune of seeing some poor dudes wearing their old war hero gear in warzones - the bolster system looks at that and says "oh, you have some expertise there so I won't boost those stats." This results in them having around 1400 expertise, while they would have had around 2000 if they wore PVE gear.

Your comment is partially right. If he bought a piece of Part/conq gear he could rip out all the armoring/mod/enhancements put them into an Orange piece and it would be the same as PvP gear. However I wouldn't just buy the PvP mods/enhancements alone to do this, because as you said he'd get no Expertise from his armoring mod, and no bolster due to the fact that piece has Expertise on it.
Shadowbane Veteran
WoW Veteran

Rezingreenboul
05.27.2013 , 11:47 AM | #8
So what about the 40+ PVP weapons? Will equipping one of those mess with bolster? Maybe that's a stupid question.
"never play leapfrog with a unicorn"

L-RANDLE
05.27.2013 , 12:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
This is not entirely accurate. WH gear got its EXP removed and main/END increased. The net result was EXP in the 1850+ range. The EXP on relics wasn't removed, but because the power was 130ish, it was only slightly below partisan in actual output. The proc changes that of course, but was sufficient enough that you could still use them...

L-RANDLE
05.27.2013 , 12:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rezingreenboul View Post
So what about the 40+ PVP weapons? Will equipping one of those mess with bolster? Maybe that's a stupid question.
Bolster detects what the item level is and whether there is EXP present. If the item is 66 or higher or if EXP is present, then you get no bolster.