Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is being done to stop the hacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is being done to stop the hacking?

DemonsLegacy
05.27.2013 , 12:59 AM | #21
The only guilds i've seen do any form of Hacking is Ascension Strikes Back (Republic), Grim Determination (Imperial; SIde note i'm suprised to see one of their members trying to defend themselves when they know their guild is using hacks but not doing anything about it), and Notorious. I have seen Grim win a Voidstar match on the first round. I haven't done Voidstar much, but I do know ou have to go through two rounds to determine a winner. I could be wrong, but with a full team, wouldn't that seem alittle funny? Also, I have seen three of their members in a huttball match go stealth (side note, two of those three weren't stealth users) and then five seconds after stealthing coming out 10 meters infront of me fully healed. Now, if anyone has a Shadow or in this case an assassin, can you stealth more then one person and heal yourself while stealthed? These hacking trips have to stop, mostly due to the fact that Grim and Notorious are stealing the fun out of Warzones...that is if they are indeed hacking.

kweassa
05.27.2013 , 01:35 AM | #22
Hack/Cheat accusations without proof/evidence beyond reasonable doubt, is worthless. Not only is it worthless, but also it harms the community by propagating vicious, baseless rumors.

It also poisons the new players by influencing them into a bias in which they would make a habit out of blindly suspecting/blaming something that is very unlikely -- if ever -- to happen at all... instead of introspecting their own shortcomings, mistakes, lack of effort and etc etc..
"To everything, there is a first step. The first steps in becoming better at PvP, is to acknowledge the fact that you totally suck. There's no shame in this -- even the greatest of players have been there, done that.
Stop complaining. Ask more questions. People are happy to help."

Rikiu
05.27.2013 , 01:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonsLegacy View Post
The only guilds i've seen do any form of Hacking is Ascension Strikes Back (Republic), Grim Determination (Imperial; SIde note i'm suprised to see one of their members trying to defend themselves when they know their guild is using hacks but not doing anything about it), and Notorious. I have seen Grim win a Voidstar match on the first round. I haven't done Voidstar much, but I do know ou have to go through two rounds to determine a winner. I could be wrong, but with a full team, wouldn't that seem alittle funny? Also, I have seen three of their members in a huttball match go stealth (side note, two of those three weren't stealth users) and then five seconds after stealthing coming out 10 meters infront of me fully healed. Now, if anyone has a Shadow or in this case an assassin, can you stealth more then one person and heal yourself while stealthed? These hacking trips have to stop, mostly due to the fact that Grim and Notorious are stealing the fun out of Warzones...that is if they are indeed hacking.
Regarding the stealth issue, there are abilities (such as infiltrate) that allow you to cloak other players even if they're non-stealthers. As far as I'm aware there is no penalty to healing so they may well have been healed via a healer or pickup.

Uber_the_Goober
05.27.2013 , 03:58 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolanos View Post
Yea, lately I have been seeing more people cheating. It wasn't that bad a couple of months ago but now I see, in every hutball, one or two people using a speed hack. They have the ball and you see them running from center to goal line at the same speed as everyone else running with him. Sorry, but force speed doesn't last that long and last time I checked, non force users didn't even have force speed. I don't play those classes so don't quote me on it but I'm sure they don't have it. Either way, for them to run from center, around and up and all the way to goal line at normal speed like everyone else...it's cheating. If you go to youtube and do a search you'll even see video of people cheating after 1.2 with the speedhack..
This is a bug that has happened to my buddy before - we were both like "What's with the runspeed???"

He nabbed the ball as he ran past the center ball holder and never stopped running - boom, never slowed down. "Out of Combat" Sprinted the entire way to the goal line. Then again, the other team was so bad that they didn't even try attacking him to put him into combat...

Vaerah
05.27.2013 , 04:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
Pretty soon we will need to hack our way out of this game
No need, it's hacking us of out by itself just fine.

So-low
05.27.2013 , 04:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Hack/Cheat accusations without proof/evidence beyond reasonable doubt, is worthless. Not only is it worthless, but also it harms the community by propagating vicious, baseless rumors.

It also poisons the new players by influencing them into a bias in which they would make a habit out of blindly suspecting/blaming something that is very unlikely -- if ever -- to happen at all... instead of introspecting their own shortcomings, mistakes, lack of effort and etc etc..
This^. Also, I think your sig applies here

DemonsLegacy
05.27.2013 , 09:34 AM | #27
It wasn't an accusation per se, but an inquiry into something that seemed out of place. That ability you speak of, for the vanguard was it? Did that become available in 2.0? Or did it just come out in 2.1? These players I saw were in 2.0, I honestly don't give a Hutt's *** if I cant win a Warzone when it comes to Grim or Notorious, I would just like to see people have fun. If people are indeed hacking, kill your account and move onto a Facebook game. My only thought on hackers is, why must you do it in the first place? Huttball is very easy, voidstar is difficult in the sense of the respawn doors, Hypergate is wayyyy too easy, and Denova, though long, is partially hard. To Grim and Notorious, I have no problems with you, but I would like to know why people are claiming you guys to be hackers? That person with the sig indeed does fit there solely because when it comes to warzones, people run around like hillbilly chickens with their heads cut off. I'm sorry if my post accussed those two guilds of hacking, not my place to make any of those claims.

ventvisor
05.27.2013 , 10:19 AM | #28
What i have noticed lately is some kind of lag problem. I will be trucking along doing WZ, no issues...then all of a sudden I will get into a match with a certain guild. And bam...I am jumping all over the map, unable to play for the most part. Get out of the match reque, everything is fine again. But there are 1 or 2 guilds, that I always see when this lag kicks in. Has anyone else noticed this?
Timber'wolve (Powertech) Ti'sra (Merc) Timber'wolf (Merc) Ot'sana (Operative) Iron'hyde (Sniper) Em'press (Jugg) Ad'eona (Mara) Kim'ber (Assassin)
TImber'em (Gunslinger) Sil'ver'ado (Commando) TImber'King (Vangaurd)

SomeJagoff
05.27.2013 , 10:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Grey_Sly View Post
I PvP a lot and lately I have not been able to get into a single game without there being hacks running rampant.
(not just my opponents but some pugs I get grouped with also)

I put in an average of 6 tickets per day about hacking but nothing seems to change.

What is being done to stop the hacking.

I'm not some "butt hurt noob" that gets bent when they lose.

Hacking is running rampant, and ruining PvP.

PS: If you are not a Bio Ware employee.. then I don't really care to see you post l2p or any other lame response.
Didn't you hear? Bioware banned hundreds of people last week for hacking....oh wait nevermind, that was over something related to the cartel market, which incidentally banned innocent people, but when it comes to the cartel market, can't be too careful.

Though, even in the case of the cartel market thing, the bans were only temporary. So if Bioware isn't going to permanently ban people over the cartel market, there is zero chance they'll ever permanently ban anyone over hacking pvp. And if those pvp hackers buy cartel coins regularly, bah, forget about it!
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

SomeJagoff
05.27.2013 , 11:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post

You realize bioware usually bans people for naming/posting videos of hackers, right? Nobody is going to risk getting their account banned over posting specifics, so it's easier to talk in general terms. Although the other day one poster managed to link a video with a guy's name blatantly speedhacking and somehow DIDN'T get banned, still best not to post specific names or videos.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G