Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PETITION] A request to know the exact details of 2.4, the "PVP patch"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[PETITION] A request to know the exact details of 2.4, the "PVP patch"

05.24.2013 , 02:21 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Does it really matter? I mean really. Nothing is coming until late fall. That's all I need to know.

SWTOR goes F2P:
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

05.24.2013 , 02:27 PM | #32
think longterm here guys. beyond 5 months, beyond a year.

what have we seen for PvP content? 2 new warzones, and Ranked PvP. that is really it. Ranked was 1.3 (june). AHG was 1.6 (december). so that is 6 months with no PvP content update.

2.4 will likely be october. that is 10 months. do you suddenly think bioware is gonna pick up the pace with PvP content release? do you really think that whatever they release in 2.4 is going to hold you over for 6-12 months?

the devs are not competent. even the PvE patches are terrible and just recycle old content for the most part. this game is content starved, and the devs have no idea how to create content that we cannot complete in a months time. there is no big picture thinking on this dev team, and if there is its pushed down because "we dont have the tech" or "its on the wall of crazy".

its just sad thinking about how much potential this game had at launch, and how much it still has.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

05.24.2013 , 02:28 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
But GUYS we get new dailies

oh and a new flashpoint
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

05.24.2013 , 02:36 PM | #34
BioWare said in a Blog from 1.2:

"In Game Update 1.2, any level 50 player will be able to queue up for Ranked Warzones by themselves or in a group of any size up to eight players."

"The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings."

"We know that the flexible matchmaking and mixed matches are not ideal. They are only in until cross-server queuing is available and are the primary reason Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2 are Pre-Season."

Patch 1.2 was released 12/4/2012.

They pulled RWZ at the last possible moment and released it in 1.3, ONLY 8 man teams able to que(still are). The Solo/grouphowevermany feature was pulled. The cross-server queing was never again talked about. We are over 1 year into Pre-Season and still we havent seen or heard anything of what they stated in this blog. BioWare need to respond because 2.4 is far away atm.

May the Force be with you.

05.24.2013 , 02:40 PM | #35
I'm out of words...
The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach.

05.24.2013 , 02:48 PM | #36
I wouldn't hold my breath. They probably don't really have anything planned yet and if they do; holiday weekend. Probably left until Tuesday by now.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

05.24.2013 , 03:08 PM | #37

This was a major let down...

05.27.2013 , 09:45 AM | #38

Although I don't think we will get any info for a couple months. Its very sad. Just hope they don't think that a warzone or two will make us "happy" Alot is overdue!
I serve the Force. The Force is conflict. The Empire is conflict. The two are congruent -Darth Malgus

05.27.2013 , 10:03 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisarn View Post
BioWare said in a Blog from 1.2:

Patch 1.2 was released 12/4/2012.
For non-European and/or dyslexic people, the Legacy patch (with a lot of pvp changes) was released April 12th, 2012...

05.27.2013 , 10:08 AM | #40
This is a terrible thread.