Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pathemavan
12.21.2011 , 12:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by amitylane View Post
Mine's also a debit card. Maybe we can find a correlation...post your card type and company, and let's see if it's one specific thing.

Mastercard - Debit
It's more likely to be the issuing bank, rather then the card type - A call to your bank's customer service would be your best and quickest bet.

Best of luck.

exdrt
12.21.2011 , 12:48 PM | #12
same problem.. and i used to pay with it for other games i play and it works fine
My Work
The Holocron

Lasarith
12.21.2011 , 12:51 PM | #13
Best bet- is the bank, is stopping it, -more likely its the automated system seeing it as makeing purtuse in one country and you,re in another - and stopping the transaction/s.
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

Thorkir
12.21.2011 , 12:55 PM | #14
Mine failed out several times until I realized that the card was probably tied to my old address. When I put in my old address rather than the one I currently live at, it took it without issue.
"All will be well."

GrandMaul
12.21.2011 , 12:59 PM | #15
Same here

American Express credit card that doesnt have a limit and is currently subribed to multiple gaming services.

I also sent this into customer support a day or two ago.. no response yet. Called Amex and they said it was all good.

exdrt
12.21.2011 , 01:07 PM | #16
Uptade : Used paypal, Problem solved... i dont know what was the problem to use the credit card directly but i have a good history wiht paypal so i see no problem using it
My Work
The Holocron

amitylane
12.21.2011 , 01:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
Mine failed out several times until I realized that the card was probably tied to my old address. When I put in my old address rather than the one I currently live at, it took it without issue.
Thank you so much for this post; I hadn't thought of that. Though I haven't lived at my old address in over 2 years, apparently my card is still tied to it somehow.

Everything's right as rain now!
INSEGNANTI
I, for one, welcome our Orange Pixel Overlords.
"Excuse me, Stormtrooper...these are the droids you're looking for." -Sheldon Cooper

Axian
12.21.2011 , 01:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sooney View Post
This may be of help or not i had this issue when i first setup my card,

first for most online stuff i set to Visa that's it, here i had to change to visa Delta (for debit card)

after i had set that i hadn't realized it also reset the flaming expiry date once i realized i reset that and it went thru hope that may help?

Yep, Tried this and it worked.

VISA DELTA Worked for me!
I see your Schwartz is as big as mine...

Berkin
12.21.2011 , 02:01 PM | #19
Hey guys,
I tried 4 different credit cards 2 debits cards and one digital debit card. Still gives me fraustration so I wanna give a chance to paypal.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to setup swtor subscription on paypal account.
I have a paypal account and used it once or twice..
winter is coming..

D6-R8
12.21.2011 , 02:25 PM | #20 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

If you are using a credit card to try to subscribe to Star Wars: The Old Republic but with no success then please try again by using a different web browser, ideally the latest version of Internet Explorer. Please also make sure to clear the cookies before entering your credit card data.

If the issue is still occurring, we would appreciate it if you could try the steps here to see if it resolves your issue.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support