Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzones Unbearable on Harbinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzones Unbearable on Harbinger

sergeanthawk
05.08.2013 , 09:05 PM | #31
It's kinda funny isn't it? I play as a healer and I get CCed to the point of it being frustrating and the damage I receive is incredibly crazy, yet my teammates are never able to do the same. That is not to say Republic never wins, but it's just ridiculous at times when the imbalance between teams is so huge.

I also find it funny how most of the time, Imperials get to the ball first in Huttball almost 90% of the time.

Mookind
05.08.2013 , 09:57 PM | #32
People like OP are why our warzones are a *********** disaster

He doesn't have any *********** clue how any class but his own works, and probably doesn't even know that

mksaccount
05.09.2013 , 03:09 AM | #33
There has been a number of odd matches against the imps on HB the last week or so. Usually late late PST. I am seeing symptoms similar to the "lag switch" thread. I'll jump into a bunch of enemies, and my gcd gets wonky and unresponsive, actions I take play out several seconds after I activate them, enemy targeted right in front of me can't be hit with melee attacks (icons greyed out), entire team decimated very quickly, and enemies taking little to no damage, so I suspect other teammates are hit with the same thing.

Tonight after hitting this again at mid in Hypergate, I waited a bit while dead to watch what they were doing . The game was already a lost cause, way behind in points and had one teammate leave. Right as a group of pubs rushed into the room, I got dumped to a black screen, audio stuttered for a few seconds, and back to character selection. Similar to being timed out. Network connection was solid, no other connection problems during the couple of hours I played PVE with friends before. This match had at least 3 imp guildnames, so it wasn't a full premade. I suspect there are a few bad apples out there, but who knows for sure with this game.

iasion
05.09.2013 , 06:10 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by sergeanthawk View Post
It's kinda funny isn't it? I play as a healer and I get CCed to the point of it being frustrating and the damage I receive is incredibly crazy, yet my teammates are never able to do the same. That is not to say Republic never wins, but it's just ridiculous at times when the imbalance between teams is so huge.

I also find it funny how most of the time, Imperials get to the ball first in Huttball almost 90% of the time.
On my server it's the complete oppposite. Rep dominate weekdays and in the weekends the matches are more even. So i check in every now and then to see if the balance is better when playing during the weekdays. And if not I level my alts or just don't play.

Vumurt
05.09.2013 , 07:39 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
There's an option - "Always show resolve bar". Toggle that bad boy ON
That should be a standard option. My guess is the poster never noticed the purple/white bar around their portrait.

toomsuba
05.09.2013 , 08:56 AM | #36
I dunno what Harbinger you're playing on.....All I do is PVP on my toons, all on the Harbinger, all on the Republic. I've had no problems at all. Maybe you should look at your build/rotation? You are playing one of the most OP classes right now. Quite frankly, we all die in PVP, we all have bad games. This sounds like more of a you problem. Like I said, look at your build and rotation, watch youtube videos: improve. Best of luck! (Don't mean to come off as a DB, just trying to help
NutÚlla
<Ghost Infantry>

Ottoattack
05.09.2013 , 10:36 AM | #37
I have not been doing much PvP since the expansion, because I absolutely dislike the new PvP gear, bolster system, reduction in critic and surge (which is making healers near unkillable). Before early mornings and late night on the Harbinger where dominates by imps. Afternoons and early nights are dominated by republic.

On another note, while its necessary the PvP guilds on the imps side are better, most of the premades on the republic side are avg., while a premades on the imp side are complete domination. I can see why republics side complain about premades. I never had problem fighting republic premades and an imp outside of Hutt Ball.

Sowwy
05.09.2013 , 12:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
I have not been doing much PvP since the expansion, because I absolutely dislike the new PvP gear, bolster system, reduction in critic and surge (which is making healers near unkillable). Before early mornings and late night on the Harbinger where dominates by imps. Afternoons and early nights are dominated by republic.

On another note, while its necessary the PvP guilds on the imps side are better, most of the premades on the republic side are avg., while a premades on the imp side are complete domination. I can see why republics side complain about premades. I never had problem fighting republic premades and an imp outside of Hutt Ball.

Healers are not unkillable. I get waxed on both my commando and operative, and I do the same in turn when I'm dps. The difference being healers are now strong enough to neutralize a subpar player; that doesn't make them unkillable, its mean you're doing something wrong.

- Jolly.

gtangtan
05.09.2013 , 12:13 PM | #39
This is true.

Quote: Originally Posted by Trevormortis View Post
being from the same server, I can say the consensus is that pubs are better in the morning, imps in the evening.

also, if you are having trouble, you can go watch youtube vids or twitch feeds of sentinels to see if they are doing things you are not, if so, that might help.
Blading-Wind --- Leria --- Racing-rain---Beksers --- Cyanic-Scorch --- Crimson-Torch Asylum - The Harbinger
Blading-thunder --- Rulia --- Cloaked-Dagger

teclado
05.09.2013 , 02:45 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by toomsuba View Post
I dunno what Harbinger you're playing on.....All I do is PVP on my toons, all on the Harbinger, all on the Republic. I've had no problems at all. Maybe you should look at your build/rotation? You are playing one of the most OP classes right now. Quite frankly, we all die in PVP, we all have bad games. This sounds like more of a you problem. Like I said, look at your build and rotation, watch youtube videos: improve. Best of luck! (Don't mean to come off as a DB, just trying to help
Sub-55 PUGs seem really even to me. At 55, it's almost always one-sided. With my 55 sage, I had 4 crushing wins in a row followed by eight crushing losses in a row. Those eight losses came on two consecutive nights (4 and 4 just doing my dailies).

I have gone back and forth with my sage as dps and healer, but as I'm getting more healer-specific partisan gear, I'm going full time healer. There have been times when my sage seems unkillable and there have been times when a smasher takes me out in a few quick strokes. I think things will improve when I get better gear and when I augment my gear (I've been holding out because augmenting is expensive and I am poor - pvp payouts are small ).
My 55s: VG, Guard / Jugg, Sage / Sorc, Sentinel, Shadow
Working on: Merc (48)

The Harbinger