Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVE Healing Is Undertuned And Boring

zXBurntToastXz
05.03.2013 , 02:09 AM | #31
As much as it seems unlikely for a pvp geared healer, It is entirely possible. Last night myself (sage) and our other healer (Scoundrel) sat on our asses doing nothing but dps'ing (with my occasional drop of a salvation) to heal TfB SM. It was almost the same story with S&V SM with the exception of the cartel warlords, which thankfully put forward a slightly more challenging fight

Brutal
05.03.2013 , 02:27 AM | #32
i have bh heal since early acces op heal and sorc heal if u have a skilld players that know wot to do there is not much to heal on most op and fp but try to do it with a pug with mid skill players u will fail big time sm its desined for mid geared casual players hm nim are for hardcore i still would like to see vid for some one solo healing ec nim tfb hm or s&v hm without a wipe and some one off healing

mikebevo
05.03.2013 , 09:26 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
And some one will solo heal every fight in this game except maybe the Terror before a new tier of gear comes out. That is fact. Could you do it with some **** group? Of course not. But if you are playing with a **** group then YOU SHOULDN'T GET BEST IN SLOT GEAR.
Why not?

I play with very good groups, but then I also heal content for groups that don't have experience and don't have the time to devote to getting the experience, yet they are still in my guild and still would like to see content, get codex and titles. Why shouldn’t I be allowed to have BiS gear, just because I do content with them?

I see a quote on the forum “You can’t heal stupid,” I like the quote, but I also like proving it wrong. I like knowing I once healed a fight where a commando stood in lava the entire fight. Maybe not the biggest accomplishment, but I remember it more often and talk about it more than doing HM TfB or NiM EC.

I slaughter a troopers that was stupid enough to attack my shadow while I was doing the heroic in the PvP area during the Gree event. Guess that means I am super PvP player and PvP is just too easy, since I was just in PvE gear and he was my first and only player kill. Solo healing SM anything with a good group means exactly the same thing, nothing.

Get over yourself, it was SM and you had a veteran group, 90% of the healers could do that. If anything it is a testament to how good your guild group is that they could carry a PvP healer through SM S&V.

Mookind
05.03.2013 , 10:16 AM | #34
You are *********** brain dead.

If it was some epic feat i would have recorded it for verification. Since even ******* like you can pull it off that is why it's undertuned

Get it?

Bads can finish it = poorly designed

LoL

And please never compare open world PVP to raiding. Go do ranked if you want to make that comparison. And there isn't one. Because any retard can kill an operations dummy that barely fights back

LygerZero
05.03.2013 , 11:21 AM | #35

If it was some epic feat i would have recorded it for verification. Since even ******* like you can pull it off that is why it's undertuned

Get it?

LoL

And please never compare open world PVP to raiding. Go do ranked if you want to make that comparison. And there isn't one. Because any retard can kill an operations dummy that barely fights back
Why are people even still responding to the troll?

Khevar
05.03.2013 , 11:51 AM | #36

Get it?

LoL

Oy vei.

I WANT difficult content in this game. I LIKE things to be challenging. I'd LOVE it if the devs upped the difficulty.

But your posts are so rude, condescending and arrogant, that you make people want to disagree with you just on principle alone. The sad thing is, your ranting nastiness is probably going to hurt my chances of getting harder ops.

Don't be that guy. A little precision and eloquence, and a little less sounding like a troll will go a long way. Manners may not change facts, but they surely change other's ability to listen to them.

mikebevo
05.03.2013 , 11:56 AM | #37
And please never compare open world PVP to raiding. Go do ranked if you want to make that comparison. And there isn't one.
I know that, that is why I used it. It is the same thing as saying solo healing SM content with a great raiding group is easy. Of course it is, it is designed to be easy.

Starting to think you are not really that great, since you seem to attempt to run others down to build yourself up. You never played with me, so you have no clue and if you ever did, I would kck you in a moment, rather play with terrible peopld trying, than terrible people that are just jerks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I WANT difficult content in this game. I LIKE things to be challenging. I'd LOVE it if the devs upped the difficulty..
I wish that too, but would just settle if when they make fun content, they don’t come back around and nerf all the fun out of it.

Still I have no problem with SM, being designed to allow everyone to see the content.

paowee
05.03.2013 , 01:36 PM | #38
I solo healed every boss in SM S&V Today in pvp gear. Operative healer

About 1250 bonus tech dmg with 25% crit

Wasn't even difficult..............

Point here isn't to brag. Other people have probably already done this. Just to say this is dumb BW. Running with 5 DPS and the fights still aren't very interesting to heal? Something is very wrong.

I have the same problems in HM and I could probably solo heal all of them except the last boss. Was forced to solo the second one on PTS and was relatively easy.........

Please add unavoidable dmg to the encounters. Thanks
Story mode is supposed to be very easy OP

Now solo healing HM SnV for some bosses, may be possible. But remember you are only coming from an 8-man Point of view. 16-man is another aspect of the game and ofcourse... that one will be... harder to solo heal :P
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Khevar
05.03.2013 , 01:38 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post

Still I have no problem with SM, being designed to allow everyone to see the content.
I agree with this.

However, I think that HM needs more attention. Despite the changes to the DR curves lowering crit and making tanks squishier, HM TfB actually seemed easier after 2.0. My raid group tried it the first week after 2.0 dropped, before we had gotten much of the new gear.

Prior to 2.0 dropping, we already knew how to run TfB, which I'm sure it a big part of it. But it seemed that the "retuning for level 55" was done in an overly cautious manner.

Mookind
05.06.2013 , 08:19 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Story mode is supposed to be very easy OP

Now solo healing HM SnV for some bosses, may be possible. But remember you are only coming from an 8-man Point of view. 16-man is another aspect of the game and ofcourse... that one will be... harder to solo heal :P
HM supposed to be easy as **** too?

Every *********** encounter in this game is easy for a healer except goldenfury, which might be too i just havent done it yet