Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

wainot-keel
05.03.2013 , 08:50 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalekanzer View Post
I generally enjoy tanking but occassionally mix it up with a bit of healing from time to time. I haven't leveled my operative to 55 yet, but I've got my vanguard gearing up to 69s and I've seen the amount of work my healers have to go through to keep a group up in some of the new HM FPs.

With that knowledge, I just wanted to stop and say, "Thanks guys." Seems like you got the pointy end of the stick with this expansion and as a tank, I appreciate everything you do to keep us up. I promise to keep using my cooldowns as much as possible so you won't pull out your hair.
I think most problems for healers are tanks being spikey at some points. Like when you pick up the dogs that spawn at that big gigantic monster in Athiss. Your tank can be at a nice 90% and then drop to 20% in 2 seconds. When I'm tanking that one, I preemptively pop a cd as soon as I see the dogs come out. No reason to have your healer with a heart attack if you can avoid it

mikebevo
05.03.2013 , 09:34 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
When I'm tanking that one, I preemptively pop a cd as soon as I see the dogs come out. No reason to have your healer with a heart attack if you can avoid it
As a healer, I make sure HoTs are on the tank and pop my big heal on the tank as soon as I see the dogs. Then I pop Pugnacity if Upperhand isn't stacked to 3 and pop relic and adrenal, then it is just a matter of hitting Emergency Medpac fast enough to keep up with the damage. No reason to give the tank a heart attack that can avoided it (just hope dps does not do anything stupid right then).

Robbipl
05.03.2013 , 10:12 AM | #73
You have to realize that 55 lvl hm fps are something different than 50 lvl ones.

I play as a tank - when hit 55 I had full set of augmented campaign.

Completed like 10 hm fps so far and here are my few thoughts which might help you:

- Tanks NEED to use their defensive cooldowns on harder trash pulls (doggs etc). If they don't - tank will probably die / it is going to be a wipe ( I am talking about PUGS in moderate gear). Healers - if you are grouped with tanks who refuse to do that - I can understand you having hard time keeping them alive, but it is THEIR FAULT.

- If tanks for some reason refuse to use CDS on trash groups OR you are not experienced players / have gear problems - USE CC - I usually run through those HMS without almost no cc, but I use defensive cooldowns very often / STUN mobs (I mean short duration stuns which help a lot - for example as a Jugger you can force choke one dog, push another one and do this punch ability to the third one - gives healer nice few seconds to top you).

So basically, if dpsers know their job (avoid dmg, use their interrupts, etc) and tanks are doing what I said above + there is someone to explain tactics = NO, FPS are not too hard, neither healing is impossible.

Yep - there are moments of immense burst especially on trash packs, but with tanks CD, or CCing mobs and being prepared for 20 seconds of intense healing it is totally ok.

Just my thoughts

EDIT: I just thought about doing first heroics (hard modes) in WoW - Cataclysm. It has been a similar experience At first - difficult - but as you adapt - it is ok.

EDIT 2 - PRO TIP - In Athiss, if you are biochem, you can collect some sort of flower before the second boss. You then have an item in your "mission items" inventory by which you can summon some sort of mob to help you. Funny thinkg is, this npc is treated as a companion and summoning him enables you to use heroic moment ability - which is ofc very helpful due to additional healing and legacy skills
Manror - lvl 50 Juggernaut
Vethan - lvl 50 Sniper

Frog_brains
05.03.2013 , 11:10 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalekanzer View Post
I generally enjoy tanking but occassionally mix it up with a bit of healing from time to time. I haven't leveled my operative to 55 yet, but I've got my vanguard gearing up to 69s and I've seen the amount of work my healers have to go through to keep a group up in some of the new HM FPs.

With that knowledge, I just wanted to stop and say, "Thanks guys." Seems like you got the pointy end of the stick with this expansion and as a tank, I appreciate everything you do to keep us up. I promise to keep using my cooldowns as much as possible so you won't pull out your hair.
The only gear issue problem here is with the "bonus" boss, which if you read the text is actually presented as a "challenge boss" hence the enrage timer. if your undergeared you wont necessarily die because of the damage he's putting out, you'll die because you can't kill him fast enough. The rest of the FP should be doable as long as you work together, and use your cc's, cd's, los, push, environmental items (pressurized tanks, etc), the frustration comes in when people who do not have the gear for the 'challenge" boss insist on doing it. Run it a few times gear up, then come back and do it when you can.

Back to the point these have made me pledge once again my love for a good healer, and my angst against dps'ers who just don't get it.

Astarica
05.03.2013 , 12:39 PM | #75
You can get away without CCing mobs if your DPS at least always claims responsibility for hitting the wrong mob. That is, they either should be focus firing the right mob, or if not, at least take aggro on the nasty strongs. As long as the DPS can beat the strong 1on1 (and they better), that's one less mob you've to worry about healing on the tank.

Khevar
05.03.2013 , 01:48 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Robbipl View Post

EDIT 2 - PRO TIP - In Athiss, if you are biochem, you can collect some sort of flower before the second boss. You then have an item in your "mission items" inventory by which you can summon some sort of mob to help you. Funny thinkg is, this npc is treated as a companion and summoning him enables you to use heroic moment ability - which is ofc very helpful due to additional healing and legacy skills
This is pretty cool, actually, I never even though about trying the Heroic Moment with these temp companions.

I wonder if it works with the temp healing droids in Mandalorian Raiders ...

MasterKraken
05.03.2013 , 07:43 PM | #77
I can tell you this from both sides... healer and tank. LvL 55 FPs are really difficult and if im a tank and i get a group with a healer below Basic Gear ( 156 or below 26k hp) i wont even try it at all. I just quit form the beginning and save my credits. If im in my Healer and i see a tank lower than 28K (Basic-Classic Gear) i wont even try either. And i've been called "elistist', gear dumb. etc by players who i told them.. i wont take the chance doing this and you using PvP gear or columni-rakata.

The main problem now its the new gear-stats. It changed the game in the way that if you are a healer you have more problems healing a tank (i dont even take care of the dps's), I mostly finish the Bonus bosses burning life and medpacks to keep with the heals on the tank and survive the mission. Now that i have more gear (mostly Elite) the heals are easier to certain point... but still i need to keep burning life to get power and keep the tank (now i can save and heal the dps's too). REMEMBER this... tanks (and i say ALL of them/classes) are really squishy now.. and a mob can kill them in less than you can cast a heal. Also remember that because they changed the stats in gear and skill tress, now hybrids tress are less powerfull than dedicated ones (used to be more fun heals and dps at same time.. now you heal or heal).

The same thing happens when i use my tank and it is not "because i dont know how to use my cooldowns" (as one noob told me once) and because of the same reason that happens to healers, new mechanics and changes in the game.

Now the only problem is that because all these problems and noobs bothering you (because they dont have a fricking clue whats going on as healer/tank ) i saw and hear many (tanks/healers) stopping to do that and just going to the easy classes as dps. Going Rdps mostly cuz Mdps are having more problems with healers ( i prefer to keep the tank alive than dps...) and same as Tanks. It is almost impossible as a healer to keep tank alive and heal Mdps in the process.
"The object of WAR is not to DIE for your
country BUT to make the other BASTARD DIE for his
"
Empire of the Hand multigaming clan/guild : http://claneoth.enjin.com/swtor "SillY Rabbit, Tricks are for kids"

AshlaBoga
05.03.2013 , 08:03 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKraken View Post
I can tell you this from both sides... healer and tank. LvL 55 FPs are really difficult and if im a tank and i get a group with a healer below Basic Gear ( 156 or below 26k hp) i wont even try it at all. I just quit form the beginning and save my credits. If im in my Healer and i see a tank lower than 28K (Basic-Classic Gear) i wont even try either. And i've been called "elistist', gear dumb. etc by players who i told them.. i wont take the chance doing this and you using PvP gear or columni-rakata.
Dread Guard can handle the new flashpoints just fine (rating 150). Someone in full DG won't have a gear problem with any of the new HM FPs.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Astarica
05.04.2013 , 02:00 AM | #79
The only thing I wouldn't want to mess with while in an undergeared group is the Hammer Station bonus boss, and the turrets in Mandolorian Raiders (expect to wipe on once on each set you can't avoid while DPSing one turret down).

Every other boss I've seen beaten with weak healer, weak DPS, weak tank, or all of the above. The final boss of Mandolorian Raiders is probably the worst as the 3 set of turrets are a very tough DPS check when your tank/healer is weak, but if you coordinate cooldowns it's still doable. The rest of the bosses are pretty darn trivial if you know how to handle them, even the bonus stuff. You might have problem with the bonus boss in Cademimu if your group have a lot of SW types with weak gear (they have a hard time escaping the Force Storm), but that's about it.

Karma_UK
05.04.2013 , 12:46 PM | #80
Just a tip for any healers not aware.

You can go into the interface editor and make debuffs huge on on the raid/party frames.

Never miss a cleanse again