Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RUDE Player community

Nukin-Kralo
05.02.2013 , 09:33 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Morganha View Post
People in this game are incredibly vile and rude.
I get violently pissed off because people are just snobby and wicked.
Finding help is ridiculously difficult and when people actually choose to respond, they
are complete douchebags about it. Their responses are insulting and just flat out evil.

I have played many MMO games before, but so far, this community is by far the most
disrespectful.
I can't see any questions asked from what you have said. Are you on New Player Help just to tell us people are rude? ...

Anyway, you are calling people 'douchebags'. That's rude isn't it? You are probably the one causing these arguments. Also, i think you are exaggerating a bit there. Not every comment made in 'wicked' or 'flat out evil'. Most comments aren't insulting or rude.

SithVeritas
05.02.2013 , 10:21 AM | #42
Finding help is ridiculously difficult and when people actually choose to respond, they
are complete douchebags about it. Their responses are insulting and just flat out evil.

I have played many MMO games before, but so far, this community is by far the most
disrespectful.
People have nothing to do while waiting for hours to get a PvE/PvP pop, so they find other ways to entertain themselves.

dewayne
05.02.2013 , 11:09 AM | #43
i dont use gen chat unless actually need help bad. but i often glance t it. i have seen alot of rude people. but i also seen the same amount of helpful people. but ones that bug the heck out me and i admit a few times on accident mainly cause i didnt the other player. people that steal lockboxes why your fighting the mob near them. i seen it more and more.
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

SuperGrunt
05.02.2013 , 11:41 AM | #44

disrespectful.
^Obviously never played WOW.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

tgokovenant
05.03.2013 , 05:55 AM | #45
When I first started playing, I was on shadowlands, and it was a little bit "noob unfriendly" but not near as bad as most other games I've played. I trashed my toons and started over on ebon hawk about a month ago and I gotta say, those guys actually had me crying, I was laughing so hard. General chat is awesome on the ebon hawk. They're also very noob friendly except when someone keeps spamming requests. Example:
Last night a lvl 13 juggernaut on dromund kaas kept begging over and over and over for someone to help him with his class mission. Everybody just kept telling him that he needed to level up first. I was a lvl 12 jugg at the time and I whispered him and asked him where he needed help. He said the boss of the mission was a lvl 16 elite. I told him that he needed to pick up some side missions, as you can't survive for very long ONLY doing class. His response? "Side missions? Pffft boring" I promptly blocked him. Why help someone who won't help themselves? I was trying to tea h the guy to fish, not just catch him a fish ya know? That's how people helped me as a noob and I was very greatful.
Lek'saen (Sorcerer) | Lek'san (Marauder) | Lek'sara (PowerTech)
Red Eclipse

Tyfusius
05.03.2013 , 06:45 AM | #46
I have to agree with the OP.

Actually it amazes me the rude things you can see in chat. Not just in beginning areas.

Try some Warzones. People are just beyond anything I have ever seen in other MMO's. If you behaved like this IRL you would permanently wear a shiner!

You see whole guilds with almost a collective a-hole attitude. I remember a time when most people actually gave a toss about the reputation of their guilds and their toons. Guilds used to enforced some code of conduct. Netiquette is slowly disappearing from MMO's.

But I guess you just have to shrug and ignore them in the end. There are still a lot of nice people out there.

Find a friendly guild, and ignore all the trolls.

We're doomed....

Thundergulch
05.03.2013 , 06:56 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Seriously, if it offends u that much, just close ya general chat window & find u a guild.....
Bingo!

Tyfusius
05.03.2013 , 07:15 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
None of this justifies rudeness. If you don't like answering newbie questions in general chat, then don't: Just ignore them. Responding to every single idiotic thing that is said is not mandatory. If people asking dumb questions in the corner of your screen annoys you to the point that you have to stop what you are doing just to type insults at them, then I think you are the one with the problem.

Also, I don't really understand the taboo about asking in the first place. Finding out info by googling is perfectly acceptable, but finding out info by asking people is not for some reason? It seems a pretty arbitrary distinction to me. Aren't MMOs supposed to be a social experience? Really don't see the harm, or why it ruffles so many feathers.
Agree with you 100%!

I guess to some people it is an easy pray jumping all over a newbie so you can boost your dwarfed ego.

We're doomed....

vstealthyx
05.03.2013 , 09:25 AM | #49
What really annoys me about people asking for help on class quests follows:

For example someone will be on a Level 16 class quest mission and they will be only like level 8-12 and they wonder why they cant kill the last boss on a planet but when people tell them to rank up they reply by saying they cant because they have either done all the quests which is a obvious lie or they say it takes too long.
I don't mind helping people with heroics but its when they moan about class quest bosses that are 5-6 levels higher that the player asking for help.
Tbh i was quite lucky in my opinion i got into a good guild straight away and got it up too 100+ members then became in charge of it and we have helping people but yeh try not to ask level 50 + people because 8/10 they will refuse except me most of the time.
Sith Inquisitor 55 Sith Marauder 55
Imp Agent 55
Jedi Sentinal 50 Jedi Sage 50
Gunslinger 55

Ifolad
05.03.2013 , 09:51 AM | #50

disrespectful.
Not everyone is like that, you're just running into the handful of trolls who have nothing better to do than troll gen chat. Usually because they are bored or they have zero to little social life and since being a d i c k at their job will get them fired and being a d i c k in real life will get you a broken nose it's no surprise these types of people vent their frustration for their own self situation in gen chat on honest unsuspecting question askers.

Again, not all are like that. EXAMPLE, you're on a planet, you see that planet has over 100people currently adventuring. You ask a simple question that requires a simple answer. Responses from about 3-4 people are usually the "your mom" variety. One or Two will honestly answer you only to be trolled by the same 3-4 trolls who were giving you a hard time for asking the question in the first place.

REMEMBER: There are 2 types of trolls.

1: Genuine @sshats
2: The guys who think they're smarter than EVERYONE and require pics or it didn't happen.

RESTATED: Not all gamers who play SWTOR are the above 2 examples, again remember out of 100 people only 3 or 4 trolled you, 1 or 2 answered correctly and politely. Which leaves 90+ people who didn't see/respond/know/care to answer. You can't assume those who remain silent are jerks as well. Chances are they are not jerks.

Take the trolls with a grain of salt, easiest way to kill a troll is don't feed him and let boredom starve him to death, he's not doing the community or the game any favors let them rot and die and move onto another game. Meanwhile, don't ignore the people who do help and don't go NAZI on the ones who remain silent.

You hate trolls is the point of this post. Who doesn't hate trolls other than their mommy's daddy's and their troll tribe of troubled individuals.