Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Tank Mods And Enhancements?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Sith Tank Mods And Enhancements?!?

NinjaNard
05.01.2013 , 06:01 PM | #1
Decided to go edown the Cybertech route, not sure if this was a mistake now?!? Currently on level 37 and decided to go shopping with my 100 commendations and 300k...
BIG PROBLEM, why are there no tanking specific mods and enhancements for tanks? Seems like I have to give up on strength and/or endurance in favour of critical, power and other relatively useless stats?!?
Should I be further engineering my artifact mods to make them more viable?!? Seems crazy that I've chosen a crafting specific skill for mods and I can't make anything useful! Lol Annoyingly I have picked up armour from flashpoints which have perfect mods and enhancements yet I can't make them or find them on the open market/vendors!!!
Would be a MASSIVE help if someone can give me a base for the type of mods/enhancements I should be using, I'm lost and my OCD is killing me!
P.S I'm considering making a Bounty Hunter along with Artifice to help with the above issues...

Kayasho
05.01.2013 , 06:12 PM | #2
As far as i know most of the other mods don't show up till 39ish, so yeah i feel your pain when im only level 24 commando and i want to get power and surge mods just so i can make myself a better. though their are drops that are artifact that have those mods you want though gettting them is pretty pricey
Kayasho - 54 Sentinel
Netorare- 55 Jugg

NinjaNard
05.01.2013 , 07:11 PM | #3
What i think I might do is go lower than level 16 and stick to tank relevant gear untill I get some mission drops or I level up to get the relevant gear, can't be doing having random critical/accuracy stats lying around!
Thanks for the help! Anyone else got any ideas/alternatives?

NOTACTICS
05.03.2013 , 01:19 PM | #4
For pure tanking Higher Defence and Absorption ratings are more important than strength and power. High Endurance is for a tank essential aswell. Remember a tank is there as priority 1 to take most of threat and hence to take alot of hits before dying, and higher defence and absorption ratings means you reduce the amount of health damage you take for each successful hit against you hit and increase the chance to dodge an attack. The damage attack power you do is secondary to the defensive side of things.

As far as I am aware even though there may not be many mods for strength and power around there are plenty for defence and absorption.