Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 4/30/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.30.2013 , 12:50 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
When playing SWTOR, do you tend to play in a group or are you more of a solo player?

Personal Answer: I pretty much always play in a group. I mainly play with my boyfriend and/or with co-workers like Musco.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MelodyofLegends
04.30.2013 , 12:57 PM | #2
I generally prefer to mostly solo. I only group if I feel like it!
an absolute love that will bring warmth to a frozen world....

chuixupu
04.30.2013 , 01:00 PM | #3
Both. I enjoy doing group content with groups. Meaning, heroics, flashpoints, operations, warzones. It's fun to group up and do dailies as well, it helps everything go a little faster. But when it comes to story content, I usually prefer to do it solo. I tend to not like to have other people watching the decisions I make, and certainly not mess with the decisions I want to make. The FP/Daily stuff doesn't matter in that regard because it's all repeatable.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

HoloTweed
04.30.2013 , 01:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
I pretty much always play in a group. I mainly play with my boyfriend and/or with co-workers like Musco.
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of male player voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

-Wes-
04.30.2013 , 01:08 PM | #5
I would say "both" as well. But, when grouping, I much prefer playing with friends or with "regulars," meaning in-game friends with whom I have familiarity. I actually have some characters that are devoted to team play only, and others who are more the "loner" sort that run similar to the way chuixupu mentioned above.

If I am running repeated content, I definitely prefer to go as a team.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Tatile
04.30.2013 , 01:13 PM | #6
Solo when leveling and doing dailies, mostly. People just... they get in the way. Weirdly, I love doing Operations.

gabarooni
04.30.2013 , 01:19 PM | #7
Pretty much mainly Solo except for the rare Heroic 2 or 4. I don't like my game time being dependent on others and I don't like being stuck at the computer. Bring on more solo content!
New Gear is the ONLY type of character progression at endgame. Raiders are not the only ones who want to continue to progress their toons throughout an expansion. Im a bad bad speller.

Tommot
04.30.2013 , 01:27 PM | #8
Solo mostly, but I do enjoy the occasional group content (mostly heroics and flashpoints). I dont play operations or ranked warzones because I like to make my own schedule when it comes to gaming. If I have other plans, I dont want to feel obligated to play. And if I'm not feeling like playing SWTOR, I dont want to feel like I "have" to just because others are depending on me.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Talahar
04.30.2013 , 01:28 PM | #9
I play mostly solo, but I have one character I only play with a friend of mine.
She on her Bounty Hunter, I on my Agent, perfect team. And great fun.
Darth Banish, Twi'Lek Sorcerer 55, The Progenitor
Major Gyllian Talahar, Human Commando 55, The Progenitor
Captain Galen Talahar, Human Gunslinger 39, The Progenitor
SGR Supporter

Jenzali
04.30.2013 , 01:35 PM | #10
Both. I love PvP and other group activities, but when I'm in solo mode I entirely turn off the chat and interface and experience the story without any interruptions or distractions.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.