Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kitru's New Class Idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kitru's New Class Idea

pmalygris
04.10.2013 , 07:30 AM | #71
OK, FIRST!

I LOVE THIS.. end caps..

I would love to see this class offered I would buy it immediately.
Get the dev's to add it to the Market!
"There are two great forces in this world - good and evil; and no man is worth his salt unless he has lost and won battle for a principle."
- P. Gouthey

Ajaxduo
04.10.2013 , 08:03 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadix View Post
Hi Kitru,

I really like your idea here. If there was one thing I would like to see changed, though, it's this:

"...Echani focused on light weaponry and armor, relying more on agility rather than heavier weapons and brute force."

^ Taken from wookieepedia.

I believe a cunning based class would fit better with the overall theme of the class (society) and actually balance the disparity of medium strength and cunning armor gtn sales, leaving more reason to sell or make cunning based medium gear. The way I see it, cunning armor can be rare to find unless you are able to make it yourself or know someone who can.

Mull it over
Generally all classes have their own 'unique' primary stat so I think a new stat could be introduced for the Echani. Maybe Finesse? Something like that. Edit: Loving the idea by the way, a non force melee focused class would be cool! Staffs/Vibroswords/Gauntlets etc. Chances of it happening are slim, but worth a shot

Devilhanzou
04.13.2013 , 05:27 AM | #73
Hey I loved the detail put into your class. I posted three links below with pics and info this has been my idea for a class.

I always thought Nightsisters would be a good New Class, (besides the books you can catch one in one of the Ewok Movies ) They use Allyan Magic, (it comes from the force basically but would give a true magic class to the game that is not a jedi/sith really.
As for weapon they get to use the coolest weapon ever since they have already been seen with them in Kotor comics etc.. the Light whip, yes you read that right a Lightsaber whip (last link at the bottom has pic)

Tree Ideas
They practice offensive and defensive magic, worship deities, and most importantly the are Illusionist.

So one tree could be be a Debuff/Buff Class (so for pve lower targets def, silence, raise attack etc...with backup healing, and Rez spells. Obviously no were near the single target of a scoundrel or party healing of a sage but maybe base them on debuff amounts from other spells or connect them to dps spells they can do dmg and in return bank HP to be put out in either a simple AOE, or Direct Heal. (maybe make the dps heal thing a trait of the non advanced class so they all get it but in certain trees such as this for it to be upgraded nicely)

Another tree could be like so many games pet classes (wow hunters, lotro loremasters) give them crowd control abilities using tricks of the mind. Its very typical to see trash in Ops 16 and 8 man to be in groups of 4 or 6 nicely spaced for individual CC's so they can be dps'ed in particular order, having a class with aoe snare/root/ abilities and Sleeps could change the way simple things like large trash pulls in Ops are done and speed up trash, while allowing for larger groups for a more epic look , Maybe some straight nuke spells but mixed in with Poisoned melee weapon abilities. And then for good measure some fun old school type CC class spells, make a target turn on his ally's for a period of time, run around with no control

And for the final tree since they worship Deities make this a Wow Warlock, or Final Fantasy Summoner but very specific summons. Have there abilities be based on damage over time, and one of the summons be there main Raid style Magical Watchmen if you will since this would be a damage over time class in the same style, and the other Summon be a Burst Spec one maybe, or maybe make it burst damage. Also since watchmen gets the self heals and when Zen is active heals to his party (at least till they take that away too ) Have the summons maybe slightly Heal the user but when they activate there Zen like ability for it to rebuild Force,Ammo, or whatever energy type there party is using over time...

Links to Nightsisters, Allyan Magic and the Light Whip Info
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nightsisters
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allyan_Magic
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light...ghtsister_JATM.

P.S. Sorry for any typos, run-ons, or bad grammar was typing fast and being I just noticed how long it is I totally didnt Proof Read!!!!
Devilhanzou
Jedi Sentinel - Shadowlands Server - Shadowed - www.raidordie.com

LordAragore
04.22.2013 , 12:29 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
For the last few months, I've been working on a class idea. Rather than doing the normal "half baked" attempts at building a class, I just went whole hog and put together an entire class from the ground up, complete with both ACs, companions, story, abilities (with numbers) and spec for both the Republic and Imperial versions...

...(btw, rather than putting all damage numbers into their base coefficients, I instead used the damage dealt by the basic attack as the standard; essentially, all damage numbers represent how many multiples of the basic attack they deal; it's similar enough to the coefficients for the soft number balancing that I've done and gives you a decent guideline for how much damage the attacks should do for certain gear set ups)

So, here goes...
Two thumbs up! Great job, I'd play this character.
G˘re Lvl 55 Immortal Juggernaut - Aewinn Lvl 55 Infiltration Shadow - Afflictia Lvl 50 Corruption Sorceror - Ăragore Lvl 40+ Shield Spec Vanguard - The Diabolos Legacy

JosephStrorm
04.23.2013 , 12:18 PM | #75
I like the effort that you put into this, I've always wanted Bioware to put out a new class and I think your idea would work quite nicely for a new class, hopefully bioware will notice

Shadowdmv
04.29.2013 , 07:24 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
As I see it, economic balance concerns are going to occur no matter how you design an additional class (unless you explicitly add 4 new classes at once, one for each mainstat). Crafted Cunning gear is way harder to find and generally goes for worse prices because Smugg/Agent isn't played as much as Knight/Warrior. It could just as easily have gone the entire other way around (my general suspicion is that Smugg/Agent saw a steep drop off in play shortly after release when Scoundrel/Operative DPS was nerfed into oblivion; I recall at release that Sentinels weren't receiving as much play as predicted since their DPS was viewed as inferior so, at release, you'd have seen Cunning gear going for more than Strength). As I see it, the economy will reach equilibrium regardless of how you finagle with it, and the tweaks to REing coming in 2.0 (both making it harder and restricting access to top tier schematics) are going to go to some length to prevent the massive disparity between Cunning craftables and pretty much everything else.

Like I said, I'm not one for choosing a main stat based upon a belief in how the economy will react to it. The economy is a completely separate beast, as I see it, so I'd much rather design the class as a class and then see how the economy reacts to it (or, even better, fix the fundamental aspects of the economy that end up getting broken, like returning to the days when Ops dropped actual schematics in addition to providing the option to RE a specific piece of gear which would normalize the distribution of crafted items by a fair bit).
This issue could also be addressed by placing a mainstat in a gear type that is is not currently used in( ie Strength in a light armor)

Shadowdmv
04.29.2013 , 08:09 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
I was thinking exactly the same.

If Swtor was different there'd be place for a third archetype as well, the controller/debuffer, but the endgame doesn't support that kind of mechanics.

Personally I tried to think about how I could come up with a pet class. Sith alchemist would work really well, the hard part would be getting 2 advanced classes out of it (though there are ways...). Or possibly you could add it as a third advanced class to one of the sith base classes.

The problem is that the jedi equivalent wouldn't make much sense and the only thing I could think about was a droid handler/mechanic, or perhaps a beast handler like those that work for the hutts... in any case it would be hard to make them work as mirrors (at least from the stats, and somewhat also the mechanics standpoint)
I don't have Kitru's patience for writing this kind of thing, but I had an idea for a pet based class, I Mechanical user. For the advanced classes I was thinking a force based one i dubbed a Mechnomancer( for lack of a better name at the moment) based on the Mechanical force sensitives mention in several of the star wars books; as well as more gadgety one (feel free to name). Both would have the ability to deploy and direct various machines, whose purposes would depend on the role of the character.

I anyone likes this idea, feel free to run with it :P

Shadowdmv
04.29.2013 , 08:29 PM | #78
K now that i have read everything......
Wow, this is amazing, details, application, story. all aspects are very well developed. This is exactly the kind of thing SWTOR needs to bring new attention to it. I'll be honest the expansion didn't really noticeably add anything to the lower levels, and that's what your new players see, and i personally barely care about the Cather race, as it doesn't affect game play, and if you where a helmet, it's not even a cosmetic factor.

Final opinion, Bioware stand up and take notice. Making use of ideas like this is what will bring in people( and not using them will let your existing clientele move on to bigger and better things)

Anysao
04.29.2013 , 08:53 PM | #79
I haven't got to reading the storylines yet, but I certainly will! I do like how they look, but I need to ask... What would these two cultures, while famous in their own right, have to do with the Great War? As much as I'd love to be a sun guard, taking down Darth Malgus, or Karagga the Unyielding wouldn't quite feel as heroic.

No offense intended, of course! I like these ideas!
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

paowee
05.02.2013 , 02:51 PM | #80
Haven't read through the story line, skimmed through the first post, read the abilities / skills / talents.

I must say great work on this and admire the effort you put into your class idea. +1 Cookie!
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records