Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 4/29/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.29.2013 , 04:15 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Happy Monday everyone! Time for the Question of the day:

When shopping in the Cartel Market what do you usually spend your Coins on?

Packs! I am a collector at heart and packs are a weak spot for me. I always have to try to get all of the new mounts and pets. Give me all your Hypercrates!

How about you?
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rankyn
04.29.2013 , 04:25 PM | #2
Usually consumables or unlocks but I did recently buy that awesome black robe for my evil Jedi.

I'd rather buy things I want directly than roll the dice with packs so when I do buy packs, it's to sell them on the GTN and turn them into credits to spend on the specific thing I want.
It costs me about half as much actual money to do it that way.

tanerb
04.29.2013 , 04:29 PM | #3
nothing because your online store rejects credit cards/paypal purchases randomly and only fix your customer support suggests goes through an Irish phone support which works 8 hours GMT and either do not answer phones at all or has no clue on the issue. if you'd check the customer support part of the forum you'd see that but I guess you prefer to stay away from that section.

ImMaxa
04.29.2013 , 04:29 PM | #4
I've mostly bought some unlocks (rocket boost, mailbox on ship, etc.), some character perks, and recently an outfit for my Smuggler. Not much else. I don't like packs that (possibly) contain worthless Jawagrams.
Founder, Living Legend, The Red Eclipse + The Shadowlands
Severe case of Altoholicism!Total characters: 23 Level Capped: 11

chuixupu
04.29.2013 , 04:31 PM | #5
Legacy unlocks, mostly. Looking forward to being able to spend them on customization.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
04.29.2013 , 04:31 PM | #6
The packs, if I think there's something worthwhile in them, like the Relaxed Gear. Though I don't buy more than three. Don't see the point really, everyone else buys it and puts it on the GTN. I got the Relaxed Uniform top for 60k when I opened the second pack and got naught.

Meglivorn
04.29.2013 , 04:31 PM | #7
Since I'm on the quest to find the perfect look for my character, on equipables, or packs to get the needed piece (never succesfully I have to add).
Occasionally some unlocks, when they are cheaper than the credits value.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

LetoAtreidesII
04.29.2013 , 04:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Happy Monday everyone! Time for the Question of the day:

When shopping in the Cartel Market what do you usually spend your Coins on?

Packs! I am a collector at heart and packs are a weak spot for me. I always have to try to get all of the new mounts and pets. Give me all your Hypercrates!

How about you?
Do you Bioware guys actually have to pay real money for Cartel Coins? Would be funny if you did. EA pays you, then you pay EA.

Tatile
04.29.2013 , 04:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
Do you Bioware guys actually have to pay real money for Cartel Coins? Would be funny if you did. EA pays you, then you pay EA.
Don't be silly. Clearly part of their pay packet is actually virtual currency only usable in EA stores and some vending machines.

JLazarillo
04.29.2013 , 04:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
Even they wouldn't be able to feign enthusiasm for the awful gamble pack system if they had to actually pop four bucks a pack for 'em.