Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*protest for bolster removal*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
*protest for bolster removal*

xxIncubixx
04.28.2013 , 03:53 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Not signed.

Bolster as it stands, with exploitable aspects to it, doesn't work right and needs fixing. But as a concept - players in PvP are comparable regardless of gear, while grinding PvP gear gives you a small advantage - it's better than what we had before 2.0.

It would be needed for 55 pvp because it's not just about equalising levels, it's that warzones aren't dependent on gear. Without it, you get gear grinders destroying newcomers and warzones decided purely upon the gear of the players. Get the recruit - or god forbid PvE-geared - player on your team and it's probably a write-off before it begins.

Ranked I'm less set on. Without it in ranked you'll have established teams creaming newbs just with gear (rather than experience, teamwork and talent), but maybe people want to exclude others from ranked based on a gear barrier. After all, the ranked scene hardly needs more people playing it.

N.B. There may have been some sarcasm in the final sentence, it's there to make you think.
if you want to pvp as a pve player, you should HAVE to use pvp gear and vice versa, bolstering defeats that porpuse and completly destroys what expertise is for.

HuntersPoint
04.28.2013 , 04:37 AM | #102
remove it completely from the game and forget it even exists and if anybody at eaware mentions it again fire him/her on the spot.
Ryllo @ The Bastion
http://www.twitch.tv/hunterspoint

Dismarum
04.28.2013 , 05:40 AM | #103
/signed

Remove from lvl 55 PvP.
Dismarum

Promised Vengeance

slimboi
04.28.2013 , 06:21 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by HuntersPoint View Post
remove it completely from the game and forget it even exists and if anybody at eaware mentions it again fire him/her on the spot.

/signed as well.
agree with above poster 100%.

Bolster is broken. Pleas have been made to remove it from the game.. You bioware, have done nothing to rectify this. I am now unsubscribed and plan on leaving this game for good unless a fix is implemented soon.

Macroeconomics
04.28.2013 , 06:34 AM | #105
Bolster isn't going to be removed. BW likes it because it allows F2P people to test out PvP. Which gives BW a better chance to convert said F2Pers into subscribers.

The best solution is to massively simplify Bolster. Right now it is too complex and trying to do too many things. Which leads to loopholes. Instead simply check each item slot. if the equipped item has less expertise than the corresponding Partisan item, convert the stats into the Partisan item with a -2 End modifier. If the item has the same expertise as the Partisan item, then use the item's stats. Simple. Non-exploitable.

slimboi
04.28.2013 , 06:38 AM | #106
Guess Bioware will lose in the long run because the loyal players who have been here the longest, like me, will leave if they continue to allow this crap to happen. In fact, if they don't remove bolster, I don't plan on coming back to this game ever. PVP was actually enjoyable until 2.0 hit. Now, its all about making a lvl 30 twink in lowbies, or exploting if you are in 55 pvp.

MitchPB
04.28.2013 , 06:54 AM | #107
/signed

1. Bring back recruit

2. Remove bolster
<BOG> <Concept>

Skolops
04.28.2013 , 07:43 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Bolster isn't going to be removed. BW likes it because it allows F2P people to test out PvP. Which gives BW a better chance to convert said F2Pers into subscribers.

The best solution is to massively simplify Bolster. Right now it is too complex and trying to do too many things. Which leads to loopholes. Instead simply check each item slot. if the equipped item has less expertise than the corresponding Partisan item, convert the stats into the Partisan item with a -2 End modifier. If the item has the same expertise as the Partisan item, then use the item's stats. Simple. Non-exploitable.
I agree that the concept of simplifying it may have merit. I think something like this may be a good, solid idea:

Give each PvP item in the game an internal tag to identify it as a PvP item. Have a single, basic "entry level" item for each slot - think of it like a recruit gear piece. When a player is in a warzone, the system checks each item to see if it has a PvP tag. If so, it does nothing. If not, it replaces that item with that one, single "recruit gear" piece. Don't worry about bolstering differently depending on item level or otherwise.

That being said, this still leaves the one problem of PvE hilts and barrels. Currently, PvP hilts and barrels are actually bolstered up so that they outperform Arkanian and Underworld ones in warzones. Without that bolster, the PvE ones are better, even after taking expertise into account.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

MidichIorian
04.28.2013 , 08:38 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Bolster isn't going to be removed. BW likes it because it allows F2P people to test out PvP.
Wants F2P'ers to try out warzones

Puts a 5 games/week cap on F2P

Does not compute.

Cerdo_hormiguero
04.28.2013 , 09:55 AM | #110
/signed

Remove bolster and add recruit gear (with less of a gear gap from Partisan -- i.e. similar to the difference between BM and WH)