Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash Crazyness

Baalzamon
04.27.2013 , 05:35 PM | #41
1 lone smasher is a joke.

WaywardOne
04.27.2013 , 05:39 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
The point as i already said, isnt about smash being OP on its own but several smashers tear down too many targets too fricking fast with aoe autocrits. Its funny considering this pvp team did the exact same moronic design in warhammer online and they refused to change it until the playerbase managed to goad them into a devs vs players battle, wich the players (using aoe bombing) promptly owned the devs so hard (6 kills for the devs and 120+ or something silly like that, for the players AoE bombing everything). The day after the aoe bombing got nerfed.

Now the same pvp team is here and the same AoE bombing is running amok.
Devs have learned nothing from their last failure.

Put 1 bomber with AoE attacks in the middle of the enemy team and HE melts, put 3 smashers around 6 people (for example, people CANT avoid all aoes) and all more or less melt. Its the same story all over again.
I don't see that happening. From my perspective you're just theorycrafting. Smash is not the most popular or op'd spec right now by a long shot, at least not on the servers I play on.

You aren't supposed to be able to avoid all attacks. If you fight a smasher you're supposed to get smashed. But 5-6 players should not be bunched up so tightly that 3 can smash them all. And even if you are hit with one or two smashes every 10-12 secs or so, that's far from the end of the fight - you should have at least half your health left actually unless you're fighting the best possible smashers. And in between their smashes you've got plenty of time for heals and def cooldowns or to kill them.

I guess all I can say is that if you're tired of running into smashers come to POT5 or JM - you'll forget all about them and start whining about sins and sorcs and snipers.

Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 06:05 PM | #43
The point as i already said, isnt about smash being OP on its own but several smashers tear down too many targets too fricking fast with aoe autocrits. Its funny considering this pvp team did the exact same moronic design in warhammer online and they refused to change it until the playerbase managed to goad them into a devs vs players battle, wich the players (using aoe bombing) promptly owned the devs so hard (6 kills for the devs and 120+ or something silly like that, for the players AoE bombing everything). The day after the aoe bombing got nerfed.

Now the same pvp team is here and the same AoE bombing is running amok.
Devs have learned nothing from their last failure.

Put 1 bomber with AoE attacks in the middle of the enemy team and HE melts, put 3 smashers around 6 people (for example, people CANT avoid all aoes) and all more or less melt. Its the same story all over again.
If your whole team is standing in a 5m radius and allows themselves to be smashed to death, they kind of deserve it.

Smash/Focus may be "loleasy" to play, but to insinuate that there's nothing you can do about it (which is the argument of most of the people in this thread) would indicate to me that the problem isn't with smash. They can be focused, taunted, stunned, rooted, knocked back, knocked down, and mezzed just like every other class in the game.

If your "smash is OP" scenarios center around the victim group doing nothing, well, there you go.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

Coldin
04.27.2013 , 06:15 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
I guess all I can say is that if you're tired of running into smashers come to POT5 or JM - you'll forget all about them and start whining about sins and sorcs and snipers.
Strange. I see plenty of smash teams on POT5 even still. Though snipers and sorcs are indeed popular as well. I'm not saying those classes don't have their own issues, but Sniper is pretty much all single target DPS and easier to avoid through line of sight.

Maybe you can say "everyone shouldn't be standing within 5 meters", but unfortunately, warzones make this difficult with all of them typically crowding players near objectives. I think you know that it's much easier said than done to get players to stop swarming targets. And what do you do if your team is primarily melee? You just tell them to not attack the smashers that are leaping around? How will you kill any of them assuming they have a capable healer?

WaywardOne
04.27.2013 , 06:34 PM | #45
Can you link 3 wz boards from the last week or so with these smash teams in them?

Smash radius is very small. I promise I very rarely hit more than 2 targets at once with a sweep/smash and at least half of the time I just get one unless I'm going for fluff damage and ignore healers (that can out-heal any smasher if left alone).

Baalzamon
04.27.2013 , 07:29 PM | #46
Pelicans are a genus of large water birds comprising the family Pelecanidae. They are characterised by a long beak and large throat pouch used in catching prey and draining water from the scooped up contents before swallowing. They have predominantly pale plumage, the exceptions being the Brown and Peruvian Pelicans. The bills, pouches and bare facial skin of all species become brightly coloured before the breeding season. The eight living pelican species have a patchy global distribution, ranging latitudinally from the tropics to the temperate zone, though they are absent from interior South America as well as from polar regions and the open ocean. Fossil evidence of pelicans dates back at least 30 million years, to the remains of a beak very similar to that of modern species recovered from Oligocene strata in France.

Long thought to be related to frigatebirds, cormorants, tropicbirds, gannets and *******, pelicans are now known instead to be most closely related to the Shoebill and Hammerkop, and are placed in the order Pelecaniformes. Ibises, spoonbills and herons are more distant relatives, and have been classified in the same order. Pelicans frequent inland and coastal waters where they feed principally on fish, catching them at or near the water surface. Gregarious birds, they often hunt cooperatively and breed colonially. Four white-plumaged species tend to nest on the ground, and four brown or grey-plumaged species nest mainly in trees.

The relationship between pelicans and people has often been contentious. The birds have been persecuted because of their perceived competition with commercial and recreational fishers. They have suffered from habitat destruction, disturbance and environmental pollution, and three species are of conservation concern. They also have a long history of cultural significance in mythology, and in Christian and heraldic iconography.

NogueiraA
04.27.2013 , 07:36 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Do we really need a spec in this game that can deal 8-9k hits in an AOE that requires minimal setup? It's just absurd that this still exists.
Oh sir, this is why warrior/knight don't have a 4sec hard stun.
Force choke/stasis it's not a stun because it is a channel skill, can be interrupted by another player.
Warriors have a 6sec MEZZ, breaks on damage.

All the other classes has a 4sec stun to counter melee.
Smash got NERFED in at least 30%.
Roll a warrior, try to counter all the roots, slows, snares.
Remove smash, warrior is a dead class for pvp.

Coldin
04.27.2013 , 08:56 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Oh sir, this is why warrior/knight don't have a 4sec hard stun.
Force choke/stasis it's not a stun because it is a channel skill, can be interrupted by another player.
Warriors have a 6sec MEZZ, breaks on damage.

All the other classes has a 4sec stun to counter melee.
Smash got NERFED in at least 30%.
Roll a warrior, try to counter all the roots, slows, snares.
Remove smash, warrior is a dead class for pvp.
I have a Knight, and yes, the roots and slows are annoying. No, rage isn't the only spec for warriors and they wouldn't be dead without it.

Smash may have got nerfed, but it sure doesn't feel like it. And they got a boost now to all their force attacks and not just smash. Lack of a hard stun is an interesting thing, but I don't think it justifies the damage that Smash can do. Especially when they get these other tools to root which completely ignores resolve.

KettleBelll
04.27.2013 , 10:01 PM | #49
I have to admit o smile a little whenever i see Kettlebell launch into another tirade about how smash is balanced and that everyone is a noob who gets hit by it. Having played smash spec just a tiny little bit i have already found it to be simplistic bordering on PT pyro levels. 1vs1 a smashers isnt dangerous, but as the last couple of games ive run into 6 smashers and 2 healers on the other side and it takes about 30 seconds to completely wipe out the other team if you have so many aoe bombers.

Anyone defending this spec is simply a bad that needs a crutch to stay competetive. Its as simple as that.
Loudmouths will defend this spec until the end of days, they desperately need this spec to stay as it is cause they sure as hell couldnt bring this level of *lol* "skill" on another class, except possibly gunslinger/sniper thats also pretty wicked.

But yeah, long story short- Defend this spec and i cant help but lose all respect for you as a player.

lol, I don't play Smash at all btw. I tried it, but moved on to Carnage, Assassin Tank, and ranged DPS.

It still has an important place in SWTOR.
Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server

dcgregorya
04.28.2013 , 03:04 AM | #50
Needs a nerf just so I don't have to see 20 of these in every PVP match. It's like all the PTs rerolled Jugg/Marauder overnight.