Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

cashogy_reborn
04.28.2013 , 12:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Assuming we use the idea of group finder, what's gonna stop casuals from claiming they're tanks in GF, but they're actually DPS?
nothing really, but that is one of the inherent flaws of the group finder system. if someone wants to go out of there way to be a derp, unfortunately they can.

even if it was locked to what spec youre in when you queue, field respec means you can work around that if you really wanted.

imo, even with this flaw a group finder mechanic for RWZ would be a welcome addition. anything is better than what we have now imo.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Raansu
04.28.2013 , 12:09 AM | #12
Too many people would get mad that a group of 4 "bads" would kill their perfect rating. I mean I guess they could have separate ratings...but then again ratings mean nothing in this game considering you can get the highest tier pvp gear by just doing regular warzones...Botched system is botched. BW will most likely never figure out a solid solution to the premade vs pugs.

Add a role check? "Queue times will get to long!!!!!"

4 man ranked? "The other four players sucked, that's why we lost!!!!!!"

Separate premades from pugs? "Queue times will get to long!!!! (And we secretly don't want to fight premades, really we just want to pug stomp).

Cross server queues? "But but, the community of our server and the awesome competition!!!!!! We will just be another face in the crowd" (Yeah because with 8 NA servers we definitely won't notice the premades from other servers that will pop up...faces will be recognized....just for once there would be more variety in matches and less pug stomps)

Raansu
04.28.2013 , 12:11 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
nothing really, but that is one of the inherent flaws of the group finder system. if someone wants to go out of there way to be a derp, unfortunately they can.

even if it was locked to what spec youre in when you queue, field respec means you can work around that if you really wanted.

imo, even with this flaw a group finder mechanic for RWZ would be a welcome addition. anything is better than what we have now imo.
That's an easy fix. Role is locked to spec, once you enter the queue field respec is greyed out both during the queue and in the match. If you want to change your role, you have to leave the queue.

cashogy_reborn
04.28.2013 , 12:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
That's an easy fix. Role is locked to spec, once you enter the queue field respec is greyed out both during the queue and in the match. If you want to change your role, you have to leave the queue.
youd get a lot of backlash i think.

id support that kind of change tho; being able to field respec willy-nilly takes some of the value away from certain specs.
The King of Bads

-Holmes
04.28.2013 , 12:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

But then if there's no restriction, instead of having 8 randoms vs 4 randoms and a premade of 4 in normal WZ, you get 2 premades of 4 and a premade of 8 in RWZ

Same result, different scale.

cashogy_reborn
04.28.2013 , 12:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
But then if there's no restriction, instead of having 8 randoms vs 4 randoms and a premade of 4 in normal WZ, you get 2 premades of 4 and a premade of 8 in RWZ

Same result, different scale.
so instead of whining about a PUGs facing half premades, youre gonna whine about half premades facing a full premade?

ffs, people will complain about anything......
The King of Bads

TonyDragonflame
04.28.2013 , 01:47 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Add a role check? "Queue times will get to long!!!!!"

4 man ranked? "The other four players sucked, that's why we lost!!!!!!"

Separate premades from pugs? "Queue times will get to long!!!! (And we secretly don't want to fight premades, really we just want to pug stomp).

Cross server queues? "But but, the community of our server and the awesome competition!!!!!! We will just be another face in the crowd" (Yeah because with 8 NA servers we definitely won't notice the premades from other servers that will pop up...faces will be recognized....just for once there would be more variety in matches and less pug stomps)
^ Well said
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Darth_Dreselus
04.28.2013 , 06:54 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Yeap.
Naaah

Not being able to respec is stupid unless you get told what wz it is before yo zone in. Huttball specs are completely different.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

Genttry
04.28.2013 , 07:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Anyone notice most of the guilds aren't doing ranked very often? Sure we're all waiting for a full set of conq gear with just the right augs before dipping in but what if there was an option for these frequently seen 4 man teams to be able to compete for some firebrand gear alongside another gang of four?

This minor tweak could open up on a whole new kind of competition where rival guilds combine forces to win. I would gamble that it would be so fun they would have little desire to run non-ranked wz's. The result of allowing teams of 4 in rank would make for two uniquely different kinds of warzones that get frequent play.
I agree here. This is akin to WoW-arenas. In my other post thanking Bioware, I've made this suggestion in several posts. Cheers.

Capote
04.28.2013 , 08:00 AM | #20
Great idea OP, that'd make queues faster and rwz more "playable", if I could say so. Altough I completely doubt they'll make any changes... seems like pvp is ignored by bw.