Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your personal Star Wars question you always couldn't find an answer too.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your personal Star Wars question you always couldn't find an answer too.

Wolfninjajedi
04.11.2013 , 09:07 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Why is it that. one minute, Mace Windu had Sidious at his mercy and sid "You are under arrest, 'my Lord'", and the next he's suddenly "too dangerous to be left alive"?

That's one that coms to mind, anyway.
Conflicting thoughts?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Euphrosyne
04.11.2013 , 10:27 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Why is it that. one minute, Mace Windu had Sidious at his mercy and sid "You are under arrest, 'my Lord'", and the next he's suddenly "too dangerous to be left alive"?

That's one that coms to mind, anyway.
Between the first comment and the second one, Sidious killed three Jedi Masters and nearly killed a fourth. That, one would think, would be a sufficient demonstration of 'dangerous'.

Besides, Jedi were at that time connected to the Judicial Forces. Windu basically had to offer Sidious a chance to surrender, regardless of whether he thought that offer would actually be accepted.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

Wolfcard
04.25.2013 , 07:35 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by mattchanner View Post
oh gawd so many wrong answers on this thread
^ this!!!

YoshiRaphElan
04.25.2013 , 08:21 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Between the first comment and the second one, Sidious killed three Jedi Masters and nearly killed a fourth. That, one would think, would be a sufficient demonstration of 'dangerous'.

Besides, Jedi were at that time connected to the Judicial Forces. Windu basically had to offer Sidious a chance to surrender, regardless of whether he thought that offer would actually be accepted.
Yeah, this. It would be like a police officer giving a criminal the chance to surrender. The criminal then guns down three other cops, and the first policeman shoots him dead. It's not like he did anything wrong, but giving the guy another chance to surrender would be idiotic.

Lordmird
04.25.2013 , 11:05 PM | #105
Did you think these things smelled bad............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

On the outside?
Semper Paratus

blindxsecrets
04.26.2013 , 12:12 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordmird View Post
Did you think these things smelled bad............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

On the outside?
+1
You win this thread.
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

Click my referral you should, get free stuff....you will.

BellsofGuilt
04.26.2013 , 01:15 PM | #107
How does Vader know that Luke is his son, and why does he never mention his lost love, Padame, in episodes 4, 5, and 6?

Wolfninjajedi
04.26.2013 , 01:25 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by BellsofGuilt View Post
How does Vader know that Luke is his son, and why does he never mention his lost love, Padame, in episodes 4, 5, and 6?
Extracting a name from a Rebel pilot and learning of Luke(in Star Wars 35: Dark Lord's Gambit), among other things Vader did. As per why he doesn't mention Padme...well am sure he doesn't want the past to come back and haunt him so he shuts everything away from his former life.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

CassusVerda
04.26.2013 , 02:50 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Mine is: Why do people actually like Boba Fett and Mandalorians in general? I just don't get it.
Because he was so mysterious initially then George Lucas and the EU gave him a backstory of being a clone of another mysterious guy in nearly identical armor. Well until the EU revealed HIS backstory. Why people still like him after he fell in the Sarlacc....it depends, but for me it's how the EU portrayed him as a stoic Bounty Hunter that got the job done. The fact that he survived the Sarlacc makes him more of a Badarse in my opinion.

Yea why do people like warriors who go around wearing armor that has built in weapons systems, JETPACKS!, have proven to be great warriors, have their own code and language, and generally are the combination Spartans, Vikings, and a lot of other warriors from our history? That is such a good question HOW DARE THEY BE INTERESTING!
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

bionamaster
04.26.2013 , 06:35 PM | #110
Mine is a bit of an interesting one. There may be an answer, I don't know. But here it is:

In the Clone Wars, to the best of my knowledge, Korriban was a Republic world. Since it's the birthplace of the Sith, why didn't Count Dooku capture it? Did he try and fail?
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!