Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LAG after 2.0

Groncho
04.18.2013 , 08:33 PM | #1
PLS FIx THIS THING
Enough posts in the CS section with ppl getting lag spikes and constant bad ping
ty
Ch
LATIN LOVER

Baalzamon
04.19.2013 , 10:48 AM | #2
2 weeks now I cant play thanks to the server lag.

uziforyou
04.19.2013 , 10:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
PLS FIx THIS THING
Enough posts in the CS section with ppl getting lag spikes and constant bad ping
ty
I don't think it has anything to do with 2.0. There was plenty of lag to go around long before 2.0 came out and I personally haven't seen it get worse because of 2.0 even though I sill do get lag from time to time.

The perpetual debate is whether it's on our end or Bioware's. At times I'm convinced it's on my end from my ISP. But there are also times where I'm getting in game lag but my ping on other sites is unaffected so I think it must be on Bioware's end..................I don't know.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Ifolad
04.19.2013 , 10:58 AM | #4
it's not just you, and it's in pvp and pve and effects just about everyone present. On shadowlands usually, even on fleet, if one person says something like this "wow laaaaaggggg spiiii***kkeeeeee" usually 9 or 10 people will reply with "me too" or "yup get used to it" that's what i've done, gotten used to it.

Warrgames
04.19.2013 , 11:14 AM | #5
Its been more the game then player. When my wz group all talking about how laggy it is; its game. 8 people at the same time. Since 2.0 I see chat lag a lot.

Amaranth
04.19.2013 , 03:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
The perpetual debate is whether it's on our end or Bioware's. At times I'm convinced it's on my end from my ISP. But there are also times where I'm getting in game lag but my ping on other sites is unaffected so I think it must be on Bioware's end..................I don't know.
I don't think it is on our end. Lately I have been running nonstop latency tests to one of my work servers in Palo Alto while I'm playing. Whenever SWTOR's ping goes insanely high, my latency test is still pretty much constant. Add that to the fact that it's worse in primetime, and I'm pretty sure it's on Bioware's end.