Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JargoFett
04.19.2013 , 07:49 AM | #41
When i read this... Smash hits for significantly less in 2.0, I spat out my coffee. Smash hitting for LESS? yea right. I'm in the same guild with quite a few people who run smash and they're still hitting people for 8k+ so please tell me again how that's "significantly less" cause to me, it looks and hits me for EXACTLY the same as before...
The Harbinger - SÓ'm - Operative heals/Sa'mloveshugs - Scoundrel heals

always looking for some friends to queue with.

Never_Hesitate
04.19.2013 , 07:53 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JargoFett View Post
When i read this... Smash hits for significantly less in 2.0, I spat out my coffee. Smash hitting for LESS? yea right. I'm in the same guild with quite a few people who run smash and they're still hitting people for 8k+ so please tell me again how that's "significantly less" cause to me, it looks and hits me for EXACTLY the same as before...
When people have about 10k life more, going up from 6k to 8k is not that much

I hate their love to alacrity:
Quote:
Now more Alacrity is strictly a good thing
Everyone that thinks more than 10 secs about this, will understand, that that's simply nonsense.
Having more Alacrity maybe a good thing, but to sacrifice other stats to gain more alacrity is a very bad thing.
On most of the standard pve tank equip there is alacrity on it
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphal°r Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŰ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

DarthSpekulatius
04.19.2013 , 08:27 AM | #43
quote for emphasis:
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
On most of the standard pve tank equip there is alacrity on it

NO TANK WANTS DAMAGE STAT'S if he/she could have had more mitigation instead.
not with the gear that's the Norm atm.

Blimble
04.20.2013 , 05:18 AM | #44
What I would like to see is diffrent Form Stances, and each form should have its own way of fighting.
1. Baby born with artificial leg. 2. Doctor grows human hearts in cabbage patch. 3. When faucets attack. 4. Shoelace vests. 5. Homicidal anything. 6. Cats who stalk. 7. Toilet paper thief strikes roadside bathrooms. 8. Cannibal grandparents.

VengeanceReborn
04.21.2013 , 07:32 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by JargoFett View Post

An entire rotation was removed as well. Force Stasis/Choke no longer builds singularity. Making it take significantly longer to build up for those hits. Which means less Force Sweeps and they are a bit weaker. Works great for PvP'ers. Absolute fail for PvE'ers. Whoever thought it was a good idea to kill PvE at the request of PvP'ers should be shot. Focus spec has zero viability in PvE now. They are out DPS'd nearly 2 to 1 in ops runs.

Here is a thought for the devs. Separate the PvE and PvP skills so you do not destroy specs based on the crying of PvP'ers. Guild Wars 1 and FFXIV do it. Any reason you devs can not?

Desri
05.20.2013 , 10:25 AM | #46
I am so happy with the changes to my sentinel and marauder. I wrote a post last year explaining how poorly my sentinel performed and this year she's my favorite! Apparently other sentinels are enjoying the changes too... I was trying to do the daily quests in the cave on Ilum and this dumb sentinel was bouncing all over the place hahaha! Never thought I'd see the day! Thanks so much for these changes. I chose to put my sentinel (Dansa) in the Focus spec. Being able to force leap more than once is huge for staying alive and causing damage.

My ability to manage focus is much better now as well. I don't seem to run out of gas like I used to. Thank you soo much this is huge- she's the knight I dreamed she'd be now.

Thanks!!!!
Jedi Covenant Server

MrRuck
05.29.2013 , 11:59 AM | #47
I know I'm late (been playing a lot of different classes since 2.0) but I've noticed there is no mention of the auto-crit Force Scream proc nerf in Carnage. In 1.7 it was 100% chance on an Ataru hit but in 2.0 it's 30% chance on Ataru hit due to being tied to the Execute talent; Ataru hits are a proc in of itself without spamming Massacre. Was this change intentional?
Lycaeon
< Samurai Pizza Cats >
R.I.P. Dalborra Server