Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Choke not honoring resolve

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Choke not honoring resolve
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bsbrad
04.05.2013 , 12:40 PM | #1
Any chance we could get the BW developers to fix this. I have been in several WZs recently where 3 or more Sents/Maras can just chain stun you using force choke irrespective of the resolve bar.

For instance a guildie tank and I as a healer went into a WZ last night (AH) and even when we both had full resolve bars were getting force choked by 2 Sents while the rest of their team were able to pwn us.

Any chance we can have a post from the devs about exactly how the resolve system works, i.e. a hard stun does full resolve, soft stun 1/2 resolve etc....
N'abi - N'bi - Nabi - X'abi - Na'i
Quartermaster - Solatium - Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not.....

funkiestj
04.05.2013 , 12:58 PM | #2
video evidence please. Here is the link to fraps if you don't have it already.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

LarryRow
04.05.2013 , 01:01 PM | #3
Are you sure you are not just being rooted by one of them while another chokes you? You can still choke someone with full resolve, and it will apply all its effects (damage, build rage, stacks for smash) except the stun.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

cycao
04.05.2013 , 01:01 PM | #4
Chain stunning via force choke. It's original ill give you that.

Totaltrash
04.05.2013 , 01:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
Any chance we could get the BW developers to fix this. I have been in several WZs recently where 3 or more Sents/Maras can just chain stun you using force choke irrespective of the resolve bar.

For instance a guildie tank and I as a healer went into a WZ last night (AH) and even when we both had full resolve bars were getting force choked by 2 Sents while the rest of their team were able to pwn us.

Any chance we can have a post from the devs about exactly how the resolve system works, i.e. a hard stun does full resolve, soft stun 1/2 resolve etc....
It is a pretty rare bug that has been around since launch.
Reported many times, never fixed.

And don't expect it to get fixed, because this is just PVP, not some mis-colored Cartel junk that would require an emergency patch to correct immediately.

SlimsPicken
04.05.2013 , 01:03 PM | #6
force choke needs to respect mah resolve authoritay!
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

funkiestj
04.05.2013 , 01:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
force choke needs to respect mah resolve authoritay!
Why haven't I rolled a fat trooper named Cartman yet!?!?

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

EricMusco
04.05.2013 , 02:57 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey bsbrad,

I am trying to get a bit more information here before passing this on to the development team. It isn't an issue we are aware of and they would need a bit more info to fix it (if it is in fact broken).
  • Could you give a more detailed account of what was going on at the time?
  • Were you stunned/rooted/etc. while this was happening?
  • Give any other details about the specific incident if possible.
As someone else alluded to, if you have a video link of this happening, that would be perfect! I could just show them that and they can get the answers they need.

Thanks!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Mookind
04.05.2013 , 03:04 PM | #9
If I had to guess you are experiencing as said above people choking you while snared

In rage they need choke to build up stacks so it makes sense to burn it sometimes even if you are at full resolve. But you might be right.

Or could just be lagging. Either way I have not noticed this

stephenalandavie
04.05.2013 , 03:11 PM | #10
I know for a fact that if resolve is up and i try to choke them they just keep on moving. it does fill it i am not sure how much it does exactly or how much it should. But roots should fill resolve to its getting ridiculous this game aka CC Wars