Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8m Nim Kephess Bugged

ExarKunxx
04.04.2013 , 01:33 PM | #1
On wednesday we went into NiM EC for our 2nd week aiming for a title run. We were flawless through the first 3 bosses and got to kephess with an hour and 15 minutes remaining. We took about two pulls to get the transdoshan phase down because we had switched up our tanking. Anyways, on our 3rd pull we were flawless through two phases when we were hit with a raid wiping bug.

During the two pulsar droids, one of our tanks went out to take the railshot, after the opposite droid from the one we were standing under did his burst attack once, the fight glitched, without the purple circle at all moving, our droid began to pulse, it got three pulses in and killed two of our guys. Wipe. We went back again and decided that if the one we were under started pulsing we would run out from the blast while popping defensive cooldowns. Lo and behold we get to that phase and the droid glitches again but we make it to a safe area outside of both circles. What happens this time? Our sorc dps gets railshotted because we had to run out while he exploded. Another wipe. We continued like this suffering through that glitch again and again but we couldn't keep everyone up for the final phase and we ran out of time.

We missed our last legitimate chance at the Warstalker title because of a ****** bug that Bioware managed to place after the most recent patch. I have no doubts we would have killed him without that bug, considering 4 of us had the title on the republic side and we all had full dread gear. Anyways, i'm raging that we didn't get the title but also wanted to ask if anyone else this week has experienced this bug?
Taero

DakoHawk
04.04.2013 , 01:52 PM | #2
Where exactly were both tanks standing?

iimagiicii
04.04.2013 , 04:20 PM | #3
didn't notice this bug last night.
Jedi CovenantI Am Crysta!
"He's a good healer" - Yolo "Could do better" - Bora
"Makes me heal" - Murda "Rage quits like no other" - Everyone
All operations done pre 4.0 cause I'm cool like that.
Twitch Stream

ExarKunxx
04.04.2013 , 04:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DakoHawk View Post
Where exactly were both tanks standing?
Our shadow tank came and stacked on the droid with us while our PT tank was about 10-15m out, it shouldn't have caused the droid to pulse without the circle though
Taero

vVvCheese
04.04.2013 , 08:09 PM | #5
This issue cost me a good attempt at Warstalker (3 or 4 straight wipes where I just didn't understand why they were pulsing) a few weeks ago as well until i figured out it's not actually a bug. You have to stand directly between the two pulsar droids at a sufficient range to eat railshots and not be pulsed by the other droid. Since your DPS as a tank is irrelevant in this part, just make absolutely certain you're between 9 and 10m away from the droid that is not currently pulsing, and in the shortest line between the two droids. Once I did this I had no issues ever again with that phase.

-Tenebras
Tenebras/Simulara
I've cleared all the content, probably before you.
Now I just PvP, and probably farm you.

ExarKunxx
04.04.2013 , 09:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by vVvCheese View Post
This issue cost me a good attempt at Warstalker (3 or 4 straight wipes where I just didn't understand why they were pulsing) a few weeks ago as well until i figured out it's not actually a bug. You have to stand directly between the two pulsar droids at a sufficient range to eat railshots and not be pulsed by the other droid. Since your DPS as a tank is irrelevant in this part, just make absolutely certain you're between 9 and 10m away from the droid that is not currently pulsing, and in the shortest line between the two droids. Once I did this I had no issues ever again with that phase.

-Tenebras
I still think it is a bug but we will test this method on our cleanup run this weekend, thank you
Taero

MVaglin
04.05.2013 , 05:04 AM | #7
Our team is still working on Kephess and we've encountered that behaviour from the Pulsar Droids a few times.

But each time it's been because our tank that's eating rail shots have come to close to the "inactive" droid, trying to hit it with a couple of his 10m attacks. So make sure your tank is far enough away from the droid (this means more than 10 meters), when we adjusted to that, we never had that problem again.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

RandomXChance
04.05.2013 , 02:42 PM | #8
We have always had one tank stand 10 meters away from the active droid and the other at 20 meters away. Never had any issue with that phase.