Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Campaign Armoring Set Bonus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Campaign Armoring Set Bonus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
04.04.2013 , 01:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SettGirkkurn View Post
I think I have read it on Dulfy.
And also there is absolutely no logic for level 50 to have set bonus, as its no longer end game gear. Equivalent would be to have set bonus on level 45 gear now, which really doesnt make any sense. In any case we will wait and see.
On the PTS all level 50 gear kept the set bonus.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

SettGirkkurn
04.04.2013 , 01:18 AM | #12
Good to hear then, my bad, sorry

ArenRakescar
04.04.2013 , 01:47 AM | #13
heh, they're not going to nerf your old gear that you worked hard to collect and then tell you to slog it out to the new level cap.

Campaign armoring bonuses will stay on the armoring mod*. It's up to you to decide whether to replace your mods with higher grade ones on your way to lvl 55 or whether you prefer to hang on to the set bonuses and be a little more squishy. I seem to recall reading on these forums somewhere that L61 mods should be viable to use through most of Makeb's leveling content.

When you hit 55 you'll want to start working on the new end game mods with set bonuses again.

*BUT: Once 2.0 hits, you won't be able to get L61 armoring with set bonuses on them anymore (at least not as far as I understand it). Here's the info from Dulfy: "Campaign/Black Hole Rating 146 with L61 mods. Black Hole pieces do not have set bonus. (Level 50 starter gear purchased with Classic Commendations)"

Dawginole
04.04.2013 , 02:16 AM | #14
Any armoring that currently have set bonuses are keeping them. The big change is that if you have a Tionese, Columi, or Rakata set that currently has the set bonus on the shell it will be transferred to armoring IF you have armorings in the armoring slot. If the shell is empty in your storage or whatever then the set bonus just goes away.

SO...

If you want to use one of those sets then instead of buying campaign armorings which are level 61's, you can buy or have level 63's (which are the armoring 27's) crafted and put them into the Tionese, Columi, or Rakata. Those armorings currently DO NOT have set bonuses. But if you put them into that gear prior to 2.0, when the patch goes live it will transfer the set bonus from the shell to those 27's. Which is a pretty easy way to get dread guard level armoring with set bonuses.

FlyinSpaghetti
04.04.2013 , 02:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
To my knowledge, the set bonus should remain confined to the armoring mod, so yes, your orange gear should retain its bonus as long as you keep that Campaign armoring slotted in
On the PTS I lost all my set bonuses from purchased campaign armorings, might differ on live though.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

SettGirkkurn
04.04.2013 , 03:39 AM | #16
I wish some of representatives come here and clear up for us what happens with OWNED tionese/columi/rakata bonus sets, as well what happens to Campaign armoring and its set bonuses... we need moar reply and viewz!!!1

Arlbo_Nabbins
04.04.2013 , 04:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SettGirkkurn View Post
I think I have read it on Dulfy.
And also there is absolutely no logic for level 50 to have set bonus, as its no longer end game gear. Equivalent would be to have set bonus on level 45 gear now, which really doesnt make any sense. In any case we will wait and see.
Except that level 50 gear is end game gear for those who don't buy RotHC. Every MMO I have played that introduced a level increase did not remove any set bonuses on the prior end game gear.

There is absolutely no logic that only end game gear should have set bonuses.

daweee
04.04.2013 , 10:35 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
On the PTS I lost all my set bonuses from purchased campaign armorings, might differ on live though.
Is this true?
If that applies to live, I will be sad :/

Devs plox?

EricMusco
04.04.2013 , 11:11 AM | #19 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
To my knowledge, the set bonus should remain confined to the armoring mod, so yes, your orange gear should retain its bonus as long as you keep that Campaign armoring slotted in
To help set minds at ease Aries_cz is correct! The set bonus remains attached to the armoring mod so as long as you keep the Campaign armoring in your armor, you will receive the set bonus.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

StJon
04.04.2013 , 11:30 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To help set minds at ease Aries_cz is correct! The set bonus remains attached to the armoring mod so as long as you keep the Campaign armoring in your armor, you will receive the set bonus.

-eric
I have a question that a guildie posed and i really didnt know what to answer him

If you have a tionese set with any armoring mod on it, once 2.0 hits our servers, if you remove the armoring mod it will now carry the set bonus correct?

What's stopping people from putting a level 10 armoring mod on a tionese set and once 2.0 hits, give that armoring mod to a level 10 alt and pvp with a set bonus? is there a 50 or higher only restriction?