New level 50

I had some questions about level 50. I know the expansion is due next week. My question is is there aguide to FP and OP as far as where to start with FP what comms you get and and what gear to buy first? I just grabbed my free recruit gear and used my comms on main companion which is doc for me. I did one HM FP Esseles went well. But other than that should I just do random HM FP and how many comms do you get?

Make sure to hit daily missions areas. u get there daily comms and BH comms once a week. and make sure u use daily GF rewards when queing for HM FP as well as daily and weekly HM mission from the fleet terminal. That's all I was able to find out so far as I'm on lvl 50 not very long as well.

I had some questions about level 50. I know the expansion is due next week. My question is is there aguide to FP and OP as far as where to start with FP what comms you get and and what gear to buy first? I just grabbed my free recruit gear and used my comms on main companion which is doc for me. I did one HM FP Esseles went well. But other than that should I just do random HM FP and how many comms do you get?

I'll give a little advice on what to do with comms and such, don't worry too much on gearing too until next week as you'll be able to get better gear. Stack comms you receive from doing tier 1 flashpoints/dailies/weeklies and for actual unassembled columi gear drops unless you absolutely need the piece for a little boost don't trade them in.

This is the comms conversion list for 2.0:

• Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single "Planetary Commendation" type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.

• Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.

• Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations have all been converted to Classic Commendations. Missions and loot that previously awarded these commendations will now award Classic Commendations instead.

• Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations in your inventory will be converted to Classic Commendations at the following ratios:
    • Tionese Commendations - 6:1
    • Columi Commendations - 4:1
    • Daily Commendations - 4:1
    • Black Hole Commendations - 1:1

Looking at that you'll want to save as many comms as you can of all types, when 2.0 hits this is the sort of gear you'll be able to buy with old comms:

Planetary comms = Rakata level 140 rating mods/armorings and enhancements.

Classic comms = Campaign gear (146 rating) and dread guard relics.

Also old unassembled gear drops will be tradable for a stack of classic comms so save any that aren't for your class/spec.

As for progression just stick to tier 1 flashpoints and EV/KP story mode operations for now until 2.0 hits.

Any word on the gear as we progress through the new world up to 55? Will the green gear be better than all the gear players have now?

This is highly unlikely. The was a dev post a while ago about this, which seems to have disappeared.

It is preserved by chuixupu who quoted it in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5930565#post5930768

This seems to hold through with what I saw on the PTS. Basic purple gear has a rating of 156 and is purchasable with Basic Commendations that drop from Makeb. See Dulfy's blog

When I compared stats on the PTS, this basic gear was only slightly better than the Dread Guard stuff I was wearing. The next significant upgrade is Arkanain gear, which is only available from level 55 HM FPs and operations.

The green gear dropping on Makeb isn't going to beat the purple gear being sold for commendations, let alone being on a par with Arkanian.

Any word on the gear as we progress through the new world up to 55? Will the green gear be better than all the gear players have now?

Levels 50 to 52 the gear we get now will only be available (from rakata level (mods only) to dread guard, tionese and columi are gone), best in slot being dread guard level 63's. Once you reach 53 the 66 level gear/mods will be available with greens being just better than columi at 138 rating (which will be OK for dailies and story mode level 50 content), blues which are the minimum for level 55 flashpoints at 148 rating and purples/basic gear which are the minimum required for level 55 operations at 156 rating. The aim between level 53 and 55 is to gear up to at the very least full 66 blues (148 rated) if you plan on running flashpoints before operations or full 66 purples (156 rated) if you plan on jumping straight into both operations and flashpoints once you reach level 55. You basically can get geared to start the end game content before you hit the level cap rather than hitting the level cap as you do now and having to have a free set of starter gear given to you (or grinding for it on endgame itself as you would've before the free tionese/recruit sets).

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti