Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware-Nightmare title runs?

Leovinus
04.02.2013 , 08:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Galic View Post
It's not about attention whoring. My guild got our Warstalker titles months ago. And to this day, we're still the only guild to have it on Pub side. We spent hours, days, and weeks getting our ish together to make it happen. Why would I want someone to just get Dread gear from basic comms, to just go in there and get the same title? Seems ridiculous to me. Especially when I look back and remember the excitement that came from it. Attention whoring? You couldn't be more wrong.
And whenever NiM TFB goes in with their title, you can again be the only guild on your side of your server with the title for THAT. Following level raise or gear progression, timed or completion run titles become little more than RP, nostalgia or Epeen (in the last case, if it's taken away). Get over it. Some of them are pretty cool titles. There's very little point to spending actual time to remove it other than to make it so you can pretend it's some grand accomplishment 3 years from now when you're trying to prove what a hardcore bad***** you are.

Obviously only my personal opinion, but you want to continue self-identifying as awesome? Keep doing the content that proves you are current in your "awesomeness". Let those who just like the title have theirs too.

Me personally? I may or may not have mine at some point in the future. Not because I don't have the skill, but because we dealt with some suboptimal turnover issues at critical points in the progression timeline.

Basically my opinion is LEAVE THEM IN. They don't hurt ANYONE except those who's sense of self-worth is linked to e-peen waggling (you don't work that thing out, and it'll fall off anyway).

namesaretough
04.02.2013 , 08:48 AM | #22
It's not about attention whoring. My guild got our Warstalker titles months ago. And to this day, we're still the only guild to have it on Pub side. We spent hours, days, and weeks getting our ish together to make it happen. Why would I want someone to just get Dread gear from basic comms, to just go in there and get the same title? Seems ridiculous to me. Especially when I look back and remember the excitement that came from it. Attention whoring? You couldn't be more wrong.
You don't want other people to have it because you got it when it was hard and you think other people doing it at 55 will devalue it in some way? Pretty sure that's exactly what he means by attention whoring. It doesn't matter if other people get it at 55, or 60, or 70, or whatever, it doesn't take anything away from you. There aren't a limited number of warstalker titles per server, you won't have to defend yours in the thunderdome.

Ansalem
04.02.2013 , 11:09 PM | #23
these timed runs are pretty trivial anyways. Everyone should be trying to clear this easy content fast already. The longest one is NMM EC and that only takes 45 mins. I honestly don't think bioware could make this content any easier for people to get these free titles.

slafko
04.03.2013 , 02:25 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
My name is not Roger.
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

slafko
04.03.2013 , 02:28 AM | #25
What does it matter to you how someone else got their title?

chuixupu
04.03.2013 , 03:08 PM | #26
Hehe, I asked the same question a month ago or so, people jumped down my throat a whole lot worse.

I don't think the titles are going anywhere soon, they would have made an announcement about it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

elitenz
04.04.2013 , 08:40 PM | #27
I can tell you this now even though some people might be L55 and full UW/Ark you still need the skill to take down kephess all the gear in the world won't save bad raid awareness so they will still fail

slafko
04.05.2013 , 02:40 AM | #28
Skill? More like "time spent learning the mechanics of the fight".

CharlieBrown
04.10.2013 , 03:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Skill? More like "time spent learning the mechanics of the fight".
It's almost like time spent learning mechanics & resulting skill are directly proportional to each other :O
Fiera MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild Prophecy of the Five

Twickers
04.10.2013 , 03:33 PM | #30
In this thread

Special snowflake syndrome
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown