Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any Word on 2.0 Color Crystals (Level, CM, Upgrades)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any Word on 2.0 Color Crystals (Level, CM, Upgrades)?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skitzogreg
04.03.2013 , 02:03 PM | #1
I'm interested in buying a black-white crystal for my Sage from the GTN (CM resell item), but I noticed that I haven't seen anything regarding the color crystal level and the value of current crystals purchased off the GTN. Are the crystals going to stay the current (max) level when 2.0 hits, which in turn means that the max level required for crystals is still going to be 50, or are there going to be new crystals available in the CM with a level cap of 55 and increased stats?

If we buy a cartel pack and bust it open on Tuesday, will the potential crystals then be level 50 or 55? I really don't want to waste money on a crystal that's going to be worthless in less than a week.

Keep in mind that all/most CM gear is adaptive at level 10, but the color crystals are maxed out mods. We can't change the stats of these.

Talsalus
04.03.2013 , 02:07 PM | #2
I was told on a similar thread that color crystal were not changing. They realized that people like their unique crystals and they don't want to diminish that by adding more powerful ones.

EricMusco
04.03.2013 , 02:15 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Color crystals current maximum stat is +41 and this will remain in place as we move into 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

skitzogreg
04.03.2013 , 02:17 PM | #4
Whoops, already answered. Thanks, Eric!

Felioats
04.03.2013 , 03:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Color crystals current maximum stat is +41 and this will remain in place as we move into 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

-eric
I hope this is a sign that you plan to remove stats from color crystals altogether.
>

Gwena
04.03.2013 , 03:14 PM | #6
I am really, really glad to hear that high-end color crystals will keep +41 stats as max. I have a couple of special color crystals I've been saving for certain characters when they hit 50, and it'd be really disappointing if I only got to use them for 5 levels!
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

JimG
04.03.2013 , 03:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
I hope this is a sign that you plan to remove stats from color crystals altogether.
Don't think they are going to do that. It would be too costly and time-consuming to re-design things to have a separate color and stat crystal. At this point, might as well just leave them with the +41 cap since it's pretty easy now to get a +41 crystal at level 10. So removing the stats doesn't make much sense unless you were going to add separate stat crystals.

Altheran
04.03.2013 , 03:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Don't think they are going to do that. It would be too costly and time-consuming to re-design things to have a separate color and stat crystal. At this point, might as well just leave them with the +41 cap since it's pretty easy now to get a +41 crystal at level 10. So removing the stats doesn't make much sense unless you were going to add separate stat crystals.
He didn't say "separate stats", but "remove"... At some point, if gear's stat budget keeps increasing, +41 stat from crystal can become insignifiant and the stat bonus itself not needed anymore.
But keeping them at 41 doesn't change so much compared to removing stats anyways.

Twickers
04.03.2013 , 03:55 PM | #9
Why would they even remove them? If they start to fall behind a bit they'll simply buff the crystals, not very hard to change in the programming.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Cleet_Xia
04.03.2013 , 04:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I make quite a bit of credtis from color crystals on my artificer.. and I hope they stop color crystal stats at +41. Not because I don't want to sell color crystals for levels above 50, but because I would like to see some variety and different options added.

Hopefully at some point they will introduce something like an augment kit for adding a power crystal mod to melee weapons used by the force users. And then artifice will get schematics for different flavors of power crystals.

At the same time I'd like to see an aug kit for adding a power cell mod to weapons used by non-force users ~ and armstech will get schematics for those.

I would also say that it would probably be fair if armstech got the schematics for the new type of augment kit.

I'd like to see the power crystals/cells come in flavors of +accuracy, +crit, +surge, +power, & some high/low mixes of each.

(I'd suggest the artifice versions require large quanities of lower grade power crystals + a unique mat that is harvested in an interesting way. Just to create a minigame of sorts, to stick with the KOTOR lore, and burn up the surpluss of some underused mats.)
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~