Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Legacy Achievements
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.03.2013 , 01:51 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Senior Game Designer, William Wallace, took a break from dancing with womp rats to give some details on the new Legacy Achievement system coming in Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy. Please discuss the blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

greatmilenk
04.03.2013 , 02:03 PM | #2
Neato!

Elear
04.03.2013 , 02:08 PM | #3
So which achievement rewards Dancing Womp Rat?

paowee
04.03.2013 , 02:08 PM | #4
Looking forward to it! Legacy wide achievements
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

phatmanjones
04.03.2013 , 02:12 PM | #5
So basically a cheap way to extend the content of the game?

Beaknasty
04.03.2013 , 02:12 PM | #6
Awesome, However does this mean the broken Codex entries will be sorted out so that we can start getting them complete?
The Invention of the flamethrower came about because someone, somewhere thought 'hey, i wanna set fire to that guy over there'

Renata_Roselli
04.03.2013 , 02:14 PM | #7
So do you need to complete all the crafting skills on one character to get the "Master Craftsman" title or is it based on legacy characters as well. Meaning, if I have various skills at 450 across multiple characters that add up to the total amount of skills in the game.
CarmelaGisella
CoU
Craters on Uranus

Darslk
04.03.2013 , 02:14 PM | #8
Just because something is cheap, doesn't mean it isn't fun. As "gimmicky" as it might be, I'm going to love collecting all of them. Hooray for natural hoarding instincts!
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

bsbrad
04.03.2013 , 02:16 PM | #9
Thank you to "Sir" William Wallace for explaining this....

Can you add a Freedom achievement
N'abi
Quartermaster - Solatium - Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

Costello
04.03.2013 , 02:17 PM | #10
So you dance with 1000 different womp rats taking probably the best part of a day so as to get what? A Legacy title of Womp Rat Dancer and some Prestige points and if you are lucky really really lucky maybe 20 cartel coins. Which would leave only 70 more such Achievements could purchase one outfit (though I doubt there are 70 achievement rewards to get cartel coins)?

The reward seems to be very weak in comparison to this feature and the time it has no doubt taken to implement and the time you hope people will devote to gaining these achievements rather than asking for housing or more end game or guild capital ships. Lets face it after legacy level 50 title of living legend the rest are going to seem a little weak, the cartel coins don't amount to much. Where is the unique armours or weapons or companions or quests based on my achievements. Getting 40 companions to max reputation and all you have to show for it is some title like Sycophant for my legacy where I already have Hyperspace legend or whatever. Does that sound like a reward that inspires people to invest the time to complete these achievements. And as for prestige points I'm not sure trawling round a planet looking for womp rats to dry hump will win much acclaim from fellow gamers.