Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ONe time password freaking annoying

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ONe time password freaking annoying
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ninjonxb
04.03.2013 , 12:35 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
When he skips directly to answering the question of why make this change at all, he insinuates that they have indeed never had a hacked account.

Also, have you ever seen an account hacked post on the forums? No?

Okay then.

You are assuming way to much. He could have just been skimming over it instead of admitting to it.

And yeah, iets asume something because no one posts about it.
Maybe, just maybe they got their accounts hacked and idk... couldnt post? And maybe they didnt care enough to try to recover their account is bioware has bad recovery process.

Jedlosson
04.03.2013 , 12:35 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
I am not wasting the money on that security key for this game,
Heh, security key is free of charge... you do not have to buy anything.

All you need is a cell phone, tablet, pocket pc (or whatever else you have) and download an SWToR security key application for free.

Blackavaar
04.03.2013 , 12:40 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
You are assuming way to much. He could have just been skimming over it instead of admitting to it.

And yeah, iets asume something because no one posts about it.
Maybe, just maybe they got their accounts hacked and idk... couldnt post? And maybe they didnt care enough to try to recover their account is bioware has bad recovery process.
You're making assumptions based on nothing. I'm making assumptions based on insinuation and lack of evidence to the contrary.

Enough said.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Phillip_BW
04.03.2013 , 12:41 PM | #84 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
The problem is that the physical security key fobs are out of stock from official site, and there has been no official word (to my knowledge) on when they will become available again. And not everyone has Android or Apple device
There is an official word on this...

We are in process of restocking the European Origin Store with the Physical Security Key, and as soon as I have an exact date I will post it.

For answers around the changes made on the 2nd with regards to Display Name, OTP and Self Service options, please check the following two threads:
Second announcement I recommend reading through as it has 'moar things' explained:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612230

Current thread we want new questions to go into:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618148

Phillip Holmes
SWTOR Head of Security

ninjonxb
04.03.2013 , 12:41 PM | #85
I am saying that we don't know either way but I doubt that there have been no hacks...

You are saying there have been NO hacks because of their lack of comment...

Yeah... that makes sense.

Blimble
04.03.2013 , 01:01 PM | #86
If I was running SWTOR I'd make dam sure it was secure.
1. Baby born with artificial leg. 2. Doctor grows human hearts in cabbage patch. 3. When faucets attack. 4. Shoelace vests. 5. Homicidal anything. 6. Cats who stalk. 7. Toilet paper thief strikes roadside bathrooms. 8. Cannibal grandparents.

Mevan
04.03.2013 , 02:56 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
If any thing this one time password is jeopardizing my whole account. We all know how easy it is to hack into an email address, now bioware and ea keep on sending us passwords that is putting our accounts at risk. Stop it now, it is unnecessary and damn right annoying.
Be thankful you can actually get into the game. Some of us can't even log in anymore and there's been little reassurance given by EAware, right before early access for the expansion starts as well.

Your issues aren't as bad as you think.

FuryoftheStars
04.03.2013 , 02:59 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
You're making assumptions based on nothing. I'm making assumptions based on insinuation and lack of evidence to the contrary.

Enough said.

He didn't insinuate anything. He merely did not comment on it because there's probably a policy in place to not discuss it. You really think a company is going to admit that accounts have been hacked if they don't have to?
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

FuryoftheStars
04.03.2013 , 03:02 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
not sure of the issue really why people are getting the password screen each time but if its such a hassle to get a email and copy paste then good riddance i am sorry but the amount of useless complaining is becoming a joke on the forums

yes the security key is a issue when people can't order them that's something to ***** about but the password screen seems to be overkill for people to quit over and again i will say good riddance
Sorry, but if I was having to go into my email each and every time I wanted to log in, I would certainly be annoyed. Peeved to the point of threatening to quit? Eh, probably not. But you better believe I'd be annoyed enough to create a thread on it.

Heck, as it is, I haven't had a chance to even attempt to log in since the patch. I have no idea at this point if I'll even be one of the affected ones!
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Midget_Yoda
04.03.2013 , 05:13 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post
There is an official word on this...

We are in process of restocking the European Origin Store with the Physical Security Key, and as soon as I have an exact date I will post it.

With all due respect[*], that's a response completely lacking in content - you made this change before even knowing when (if?) physical keys would be available again for European players. I'm lucky enough to already have a physical key but this is yet another example of BW Austin's patent lack of respect for non-American (paying) customers. Any security holes that have been closed by this change have been around for 15+months, so surely they're not so egregious that you couldn't wait a little longer...

EDIT[*] and that respect is due to the fact that I think you've done an outstanding job to respond to most people's questions... you just dropped the ball on this one imo